Beast Boris Review

manufacturer: B.C. Rich date: 10/25/2011 category: Electric Guitars
B.C. Rich: Beast Boris
This limited edition Body ART Collection range was released in 2003, a different design for each month of the year. December's release was the "Boris" depicting Boris Karloff as Dracula. Mega impressed with this guitar.
 7.5
 1,191
review (1) pictures (1) 24 comments vote for this gear:
Beast Boris Reviewed by: 6will0w4, on october 25, 2011

Features: This limited edition Body ART Collection range was released in 2003, a different design for each month of the year. December's release was the "Boris" depicting Boris Karloff as Dracula. If you look at the image of the guitar body from a distance you should be able to see his face. It was manufactured in Korea. It has 2 knobs one for volume and the other for tone it also has a 3 way switch. The tuners are BC Rich sealed diecast and it has 24 jumbo frets. The strings go through the body and it has an adjustable bridge. The body is made of basswood with a maple neck. The body binding is black single ply and it has a bolt on neck. This guitar is simply one of a kind in looks I don't believe that you will see another like it! // 10

Sound: This guitar's sound is brilliant I have found no problems with this guitar apart from when I bought it, it sounded awful but my dad soon fixed it somehow by adjusting the bridge pickup. I have heard many other guitars and the BC Rich just tops them all! You can play anything from clean smooth songs to thrash metal. I am personally a rock/metal guitarist but sometimes I like to play slow calm song and with this guitar you can do this! I play this guitar through a Line 6 Spider 3 75 watt amp with the mode:BRIGGS INSANE and it works perfectly! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is set up perfectly. It's alot easier to palm mute on this guitar when I am standing, so yea, I like where the strap buttons are. I love the finish on it. The Boris Karloff design makes this guitar unique in every way! I wish that BC Rich would make a pick guard for the BC rich beast as I do not want to scratch the amazing ART work on this guitar! But I doubt that they will as they do not make the B.C. Rich Beast any more :( Unfortunately it is incredibly difficult to get a case for this guitar because of its awkward shape. I am sure you will get one of the BC Rich website however I cannot afford them so I am still waiting for a case that will fit for a cheap price. It is very difficult to not damage this guitar as it is very long and spiky so I am constantly hitting it against the wall! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definitely withstand live playing. I can tell (it's that good). The hardware on this guitar is superb it is very reliable. I believe that this hardware will last its whole life without any of it needing to be replaced! I will be having a gig with this guitar soon so I am trusting it with all my heart! // 10

Overall Impression: WoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoW Mega impressed with this guitar. I am feeling 100% happy with this guitar! Like I say I mainly play rock/metal and that suits this guitar like peas and carrots! I have been playing guitar for four years now I own this BC Rich Beast Boris an Ibanez Gax 30 an Ibanez Iceman ICX120 a Tanglewood 12 string and an old acoustic guitar. I also awn a 15 watt classic Fender Frontman. Well if it were stolen I would be one of the most depressed men on earth! I would have every police force out there searching for it until they found it or I would try to get hold of BC Rich and tell them what had happened and try and get them to make me a new one (I know I would never be able to do that!) but hopefully it shall not be stolen! I love how unique it all is. I love how rare it is I believe that I will not see another one of these in the flesh other thank mine when I wake up in the morning! I also love how I can play whatever I like on this guitar as the sound it produces is perfect in every way. I seriously would recommend the BC Rich Beast to every guitarist I know as it is so amazing! So if you see one in a shop and it is for sale for a reasonable price do not hesitate to buy it as you will probably regret it or you may not even see one again so just get a picture of it! Thank you for reading my comments. // 10

Comments