Beast Brass City review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Beast Brass City

Purchased from: Sams Guitar Gallery

Suits me down to the ground into the depths of hell. I play death/black/heavy/industrial and o doom metal n it sounds awesome. I'm only using it with a 15 watt Fender frontman amp at the moment but through a Marshall or a Line 6 n a couple of decent effects pedals this guitar could do anything from iron maiden to nightwish to f--kin emperor or carcass.

Fits the metal genre like a large spiky glove. I have been playing for about 8 months and own this and a Squire Showmaster/Fender 15 Watt Frontman amp. I wish I had asked for another because I think playing this non-stop must surely be damaging it in some small tiny way-i cant keep my hands off it. If it were stolen I would reenact a few of my favourite Carcass/Cannibal Corpse songs on the thief-using the pointy ends of the guitar-then I would clean it up real nice n play it somemore. I wish it came with a secret potion that turned you into a guitarist of mike arnott like ability but apart from that nothing.

Will it withstand live playing? Are Mayhem true black metal? Two bloody stupid questions - of course it will. Strap buttons are well placed and I've never had a problem thrashing out along with coal chamber (and yes I do the funny headbanging thing meegs does) with the lack of floyd rose I would use it live with no more than a spare pack of strings and a decent tuner(although I would wear something as well as the guitar-otherwise people give me funny looks.)

Beautifully set up, great action, even in tune! Pickups were perfect and basically you could ask for anything better.

Dunno where it was made but it's a 2003 series body art guitar n it f--kin rocks my death metal socks! 24 frets/agathis (I think) body and maple neck I believe. Beast (in other words pointy as well, a pointy thing) body shape n widow headstock. string through body. Passive bcrich humbuckers wi tone, volume n 3 way Switch.