Beast V Review

manufacturer: B.C. Rich date: 01/31/2012 category: Electric Guitars
B.C. Rich: Beast V
I play Metal, so obviously a B.C. Rich is made for Metal and is a good match. The Beast sounds very good, if slightly metallic-sounding. The sound is pretty deep, and sounds heavy as hell.
 6.4
 7.8
review (1) pictures (1) 23 comments vote for this gear:
Beast V Reviewed by: Tomayo88, on january 31, 2012

Price paid: £ 180.99

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Features: - CONSTRUCTION: Bolt-On - BODY WOOD: Nato - TOP STYLE: Beveled - HEADSTOCK STYLE: Beast - HEADSTOCK COLOR: Black - TUNERS: B.C. Rich Diecast - NECK WOOD: Maple - FRETBOARD: Rosewood - INLAY: Dots - FRETS: 24 jumbo - SCALE: 25.5" - BRIDGE TYPE: Tune o matic - PICKUPS: B.C. Rich B.S.D.M. - CONTROLS: 1 volume, 1 tone, 1 three-way toggle - HARDWARE: Chrome // 8

Sound: I play Blues, Rock and Metal. I'm using it with a Marshall 15W practice amp, a Dime Distortion and a Cry Baby Original Wah. The guitar suits Metal more than anything, but is good for Rock and okay for blues. The sound is pretty deep, and sounds heavy as hell. The guitar, as mentioned before, is very good for Metal. It could do with being a bit less metallic-sounding, though. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was out of tune, but this was to be expected as it came from Germany. The action was a bit high when arrived, but everything from the hardware, the bridge, the pickups, tuners, nut, fretboard etc. Was fine. The guitar wasn't flawed, minus the high action. // 7

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is built pretty well, and I think it will last. I don't know if it will be suitable for live situations as I haven't tried it yet. The hardware is very good. The finish is also good quality and is set to last, I believe. // 8

Overall Impression: I play Metal, so obviously a B.C. Rich is made for Metal and is a good match. The Beast sounds very good, if slightly metallic-sounding. I've been playing for around 5 and a half years and own a Dean Razorback DB Biomechanical, a Fender Strat, a Valencia Acoustic, a Cry Baby Original and a Dime Distortion box. If this guitar was stolen, I'd get another, or perhaps the B.C. Rich Virgo as that is also a very nice guitar and is about the same price range for me. I love how heavy it sounds. I wish it had a tremolo system, though. // 8

Comments