Bich review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bich

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I play a little bit of everything, but for the band I've been in the last few years, it's been a lot of harder rock from punk to metal. I picked this guitar up at the music store, originally, for its looks but tried it out on a couple of amps at the music store (a Fender super reverb and a small practice amp they had) and it seemed to emit several good sounds. Of course, I also took my own distortion pedal in with me (a Boss HM-3 Hyper Metal). I've played it in the studio through a jerry-rigged Fender tube (Vintage 60's hardware in a homemade cabinet), Fender Super & Twin Reverbs, a Univox 70s tube amp that screamed like a banshee, and even a bass Direct Input box. I've played it live through a 10-inch, 100-watt Laney, a 12-inch, 100-watt Crate, a Crate stack, and a Mesa Boogie. It sounded great every time. I practice normally on a 15-watt Ibanez practice amp (I live in an apartment) and I can get tones from country (almost a reverbed acoustic) to straight-up metsl.

While I originally picked this guitar up for its evil look (I had to out-metal our other guitarist who had just gotten a solid black Les Paul), I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't think the guitar was great overall. I've been playing for about ten years now (five at the time of purchase) and I pretty much know what I want in a guitar. This guitar has great action, sounds great on all 3 toggle settings (with a little practiced amp and pedal setting adjustments) and is light and comfortable to play. If it were stolen or lost, I would definitely want another one, but I might get a Les Paul to replace it. I would consider that an even trade.

I've played this guitar many times live without a backup (as long as the strings are fairly new) and I've never had a problem. However, my toggle Switch is beginning to fail sometimes on the upper setting, but this is most likely due to pressure on it due to van and car packing for gigs over five years. Hardware's as solid as you'd expect for the price and the strap buttons are pure metal and haven't been replaced or moved for the duration of the guitar's life thus far. The finish is still pure.

The factory action was great: low with no buzz and easily playable. The pickups are factory B. C. Rich, as above stated, but sound great. The bridge was fine but is adjustable. The G string seems to slip more than it should, but I feel that if I replaced the tuning maching, it would be fine. It didn't really start until I'd had the guitar for 2 or 3 years (I bought it new and have had it about 5 years). There has been some rusting around the toggle Switch and on the pickups, but I am absolutely horrible about cleaning my guitar and tend to sweat a lot under lights on stage.

2000 Platinum Black Bich with 22 frets, solid black finish. Honestly, I've had this guitar so long, I don't remember what the woods are. However, it does have an adjustable bridge and 3 knobs: 2 tone, 1 volume. And 4 pickups, 2 at the neck, 2 at the bridge. They're BC Rich pickups, but they have a good sound. Non-locking factory tuners and they threw in the hard case for $90 (custom-fit to the body style by BC Rich).

lordbyron91
    livewire76
    The first review is hilariously bad . I mean writing things like: "And 4 pickups, 2 at the neck, 2 at the bridge" LMAO And it has 4 pickups... I cant belive that UG allow reviews from someone who obviously has started playing the same day they wrote the review! Well, it might not be, but it screams "beginner!!" and not even knowing what a humbucker is called or the difference between single coils and humbuckers really shows a complete lack of BASIC knowledge. If that's not enough he's been "in a band for years"(!?! yeah, sure!) and he "sweats a lot under the stage lights". Hahahaha This guy is on such a fantasy trip! In fact he was probably on LSD when he wrote the review! 0 for the review, 10 for laughs. They keep coming too: "the strap buttons are pure metal" and "If it were stolen or lost, I would definitely want another one, but I might get a Les Paul to replace it." Mmm, does sound so "definte" that replacement but at least it has "pure metal" strap buttons.
    Gargantuan
    lordbyron91 wrote: Bought a BC Rich Bich today Except mine was the acrylic... only played it for a couple of hours but i have to say its amazing =]
    WHERE???
    djmay71
    i own a BC Rich Bich 10. I love it!! I use it to play heavier stuff like Protest The Hero and Human Abstract
    dmonchild
    I have a nj series bich and I'll never sell it, its my primary guitar and means the world and more to me, parting with that guitar would be hell and i hope it never happens, althought mine has 24 frets and the neck is unusual for most bich's I've seen floating around and its stamped made in... DUN Dun dunnnnn JAPAN. meh we cant all be winners but shit i paid 50$ for it and it sounds like a dream, i can go from country pickin to thrash metal on that beast. Anyone who doesnt own a bich should go invest in one.
    Ghost Hunter
    my brother bought one of these and its great but we had to buy the most expensive case the store had the coffin case for a bass
    shaydogg
    i have an 87 bich supreme neck thru body its the most awesome guitar ive ever played the neck was broken before but my dad glued it back on and believe it or not it has better sustain!
    erikbazell
    i have a platinum pro bich with a floyd i love it rare hard to find discontinued