Bich Review

manufacturer: B.C. Rich date: 08/04/2010 category: Electric Guitars
B.C. Rich: Bich
It's like none of the other BC Rich's and it fits like a glove. The neck is longer than any other guitars, it goes up to 24. It has BC Rich dual humbucklers and it sonds like heaven.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.7
 5,020
reviews (3) 18 comments vote for this gear:
Bich Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 23, 2005

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Features: 2000 Platinum Black Bich with 22 frets, solid black finish. Honestly, I've had this guitar so long, I don't remember what the woods are. However, it does have an adjustable bridge and 3 knobs: 2 tone, 1 volume. And 4 pickups, 2 at the neck, 2 at the bridge. They're BC Rich pickups, but they have a good sound. Non-locking factory tuners and they threw in the hard case for $90 (custom-fit to the body style by BC Rich). // 8

Sound: I play a little bit of everything, but for the band I've been in the last few years, it's been a lot of harder rock from punk to metal. I picked this guitar up at the music store, originally, for its looks but tried it out on a couple of amps at the music store (a Fender super reverb and a small practice amp they had) and it seemed to emit several good sounds. Of course, I also took my own distortion pedal in with me (a Boss HM-3 Hyper Metal). I've played it in the studio through a jerry-rigged Fender tube (Vintage 60's hardware in a homemade cabinet), Fender Super & Twin Reverbs, a Univox 70s tube amp that screamed like a banshee, and even a bass Direct Input box. I've played it live through a 10-inch, 100-watt Laney, a 12-inch, 100-watt Crate, a Crate stack, and a Mesa Boogie. It sounded great every time. I practice normally on a 15-watt Ibanez practice amp (I live in an apartment) and I can get tones from country (almost a reverbed acoustic) to straight-up metsl. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory action was great: low with no buzz and easily playable. The pickups are factory B. C. Rich, as above stated, but sound great. The bridge was fine but is adjustable. The G string seems to slip more than it should, but I feel that if I replaced the tuning maching, it would be fine. It didn't really start until I'd had the guitar for 2 or 3 years (I bought it new and have had it about 5 years). There has been some rusting around the toggle Switch and on the pickups, but I am absolutely horrible about cleaning my guitar and tend to sweat a lot under lights on stage. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've played this guitar many times live without a backup (as long as the strings are fairly new) and I've never had a problem. However, my toggle Switch is beginning to fail sometimes on the upper setting, but this is most likely due to pressure on it due to van and car packing for gigs over five years. Hardware's as solid as you'd expect for the price and the strap buttons are pure metal and haven't been replaced or moved for the duration of the guitar's life thus far. The finish is still pure. // 10

Overall Impression: While I originally picked this guitar up for its evil look (I had to out-metal our other guitarist who had just gotten a solid black Les Paul), I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't think the guitar was great overall. I've been playing for about ten years now (five at the time of purchase) and I pretty much know what I want in a guitar. This guitar has great action, sounds great on all 3 toggle settings (with a little practiced amp and pedal setting adjustments) and is light and comfortable to play. If it were stolen or lost, I would definitely want another one, but I might get a Les Paul to replace it. I would consider that an even trade. // 10

Bich Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 04, 2010

Features: Not sure on the year this guitar was made but my dad bought it second hand about 20 years ago and the guy before had the guitar for 5 years so it's about 25 years old. It's got 24 frets and a Rosewood fretboard. It is unlike any other Bich I've seen, it's got a pointy "Fender-style" headstock and different electronics to other Biches. It has 2 volume knobs and one tone knob. It's got 3 switches, one Switch controls which of the 2 humbucker pick-ups is being used and the other two adjust the pick-ups. // 8

Sound: This guitar sounds good in most styles, despite looking like a specifically "Metal" guitar. I normally play light rock/indie music and it plays well, I sometimes play metal and this guitar is just a beast at playing metal, it rocks! :) // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know anything about how it was from the factory but when I received it, albeit 25 odd years on, it was in great condition. The action was alright, not too high and not too low :) The only flaw was the neck pick-up is a little temperamental, it only works when it wants too. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This is a great live guitar, it managed to withstand about 3 hours constant playing:) The strap screws in to the back of the guitar, I think my dad personalised this so it works well. The finish had lasted 25 years with only a few scratches, just great:D // 9

Overall Impression: I've been playing guitar for about a year and a half and I own a Takamine Electro-Classical guitar, a Lindo Slim-Bl, and an Elevation Strat Imitation. Two of those were beginner guitars so I can't compare it to them. But I can compare it to my friends B.C. Rich Warlock and this Bich is miles better, all of his knobs have fallen off at least once and mine have stayed on. // 9

Bich Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 29, 2004

Features: It must have been on the shelf or a while 'coz it was priced down to $200 dollars and it is wonderful. It's like none of the other BC Rich's I've seen and it fits like a glove. The neck is longer than any other guitars I've ever played, it goes up to 24 (and its playable). It has BC Rich dual humbucklers and it sonds like heaven. sow for some specifics: - Agathis body - Maple bolt-on neck - Rosewood fingerboard - Adjustable bridge - Sealed BC Rich tuners - 25.5" scale length - 24 jumbo frets - Dot inlays - Chrome hardware. // 10

Sound: I got the guitar because it was cool and it was cheep, but now I'm using it to its fullest. G N' R, Van Halen, and Bon Jovi all sound great on this Bich (pun intended). It is great if your playing heavy meatle or high solos but there is one setback. Somtimes the first and second frets dont come in as crips as I want them to but other than that, it sound great. High overdrive or clean, the sound is almost flawless. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was a bit low, but it was messed around with alot at Guitar Center. It must have been there along time cas the price was cut so low. The finish was nice there were no body flaws as far as I see and the action was the only thing I had to fix. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is one of the most reliable guitar I have ever played. I wouldn't play at a gig without a backup, only because I break strings easaly. The finish is verry good and I think it will last. There is no pick guard but the pick dosent seen to damage the finish. The hardware is very nice and I don't think I would be changing any of it. I am going to cosimise the knobs just because I want to make it look a little cooler. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great guitar for when I just wana rock out hard! I've been playing for awhile and I just love it. I compare it to my Ibanez and I would rather play my Bich. So I love it nuff said. // 10

Comments