Bronze Mockingbird review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
B.C. Rich: Bronze Mockingbird

Purchased from: East Coast Music

The sound is great for playing nu-metal (Slipknot) but also sort of Metallica styled thrash metal as well. It has a very muddy sound to it which can be bad for playing lighter stuff. I currently use a Marshall amp at the moment which I feel isn't the greatest combo as I don't get the sound I always want.

I like to play a bit of everything which this guitar does not suit as it should mainly be played as metal only. Drop tunings suit this guitar very well so it is great for the newer more modern metal. If this guitar was stolen/lost I would not buy it again. I would much rather get a more reliable Ibanez or Epiphone for example. I wish it came with better pickups.

I suggest purchasing a backup guitar if using this at a gig as the wiring can be slightly faulty if too much pressure is put on it which isn't much. One other fault with this guitar is that dust gets into the pickups very easily and ruins the sound.

The finish is overall pretty good except the input part fell out whilst playing at a gig because the screws weren't strong enough to withstand the occasional tug if I moved too far away from my amp. The tuning pegs and bridge etc. was all in perfect form when purchased.

This guitar was ade in the USA. It has jumbo frets (24) which is good as more and more songs are using notes that high (Joe Satriani). It has a black gloss finish which means that all minor scratches are very noticeable. Standard BC Rich humbucker pickups. 3-way selector single tone and volume.

badmilk
    i have this guitar, its a good begginer or intermediate guitar. ive only been playin for almost 2months now and i have a small 10watt crate and a boss ds1 dpedal hooked to it. it sounds awesome. for the price its a good buy.