Bronze Mockingbird review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Mockingbird

Purchased from: Sam Goody

The sound is actually pretty good for a guitar of this price. It sounds pretty nice on clean, but don't expect it to sound too rich and tangy like a tele. The overdrive is basically what this guitar is made for, so if you are a beginner that likes metal, you may want to consider buying this guitar. If you like random effects, a Line Six goes well with this guitar.

If you are a beginner who is into metal with a small budget that can fix things, get this guitar. If not, than I would go with an ESP, Jackson, or Schecter. I wish it would come with more features, however for the price, it doesn't deserve them. If this were stolen, I would definitely go with another guitar. This will last you about a year and a half, so if you want something really durable, do not go with this.

Other than the problems I mentioned earlier, I could rely on this guitar for a while. I am predicting that the problems will get worse, but the finish and strap buttons are fine. If you are playing Live, and you have inspected it for problems, you will be fine, but be careful.

I received this guitar in almost perfect condition. After about two months of playing, the nut at the input came loose, and I had to fix it and super glue it. Then, a year and two months after playing, it came loose with a bigger problem. The solder in the inside came undone. I have yet to fix it, and I will need to take it to get repaired. If you do not want to go through the hassle of this, you may not want this guitar. That was about the only problem I have had with this. Everything else works completely fine.

This guitar came with everything a beginner would need. The guitar, practice amp, strap, gig bag, cable, and picks. It fits a beginner well with a nice sized neck. It has 24 frets. The shape makes it easy for someone new to guitar to rest it on their lap or carry it. It has only one humbucker pickup. The only knob on it is a volume control. It has no whammy bar. So again, this is only the stuff a beginner would need. The features would not impress anyone who has been playing for over a year. It has a nice, durable finish though.

shakysam
    supersolus666 wrote: to the guys who think this guitar looks kinda dumb i used to think that too but i dont know what happened i really like the shape of the body it looks amazing to me now and to TK'65, if you dont like bc riches why are you on this review page?
    To express his or her opinion, much like you are.
    E V H 5150
    It seems to me that B.C. Rich is more concerned with looks as opposed to sound. But that's my opinion. I'm not a fan of the radically shaped guitars. I'm more of a Strat-body person, though I'd like to try out a V someday.
    Woody71190
    If anyone knew ANYTHING about guitars PERIOD, how it looks would be the last thing on their mind, It doesnt matter how it looks, the fact remains that BC Rich Guitars blow balls, the action is shitty, the bridge isnt even attached right to the level on the neck, the pickups fade faster than theyre supposed to, its like the guitars are slapped together and sent out. Even the 2,000 dollar guitars are like that, ive played a couple high end guitars at a music shop, and they still blowed.
    Metallica12_12
    I've played some high end B.C. Riches too they weren't bad at all... They don't come that nice from the factory but.. if your not a complete idiot fixing that is super easy..
    ChordMonger
    b.c. rich is all about looks. metal is about looks. they fit because they both suck, for the most part let the flaming begin
    jfsj123
    woodys right it's about what the guitar is capale of eg. the right pickups such as EMG pickups u get in decent guitars such as rhandy rhoads jackson guitar and the new washburn pros
    stoltobot
    I got two Mocks, a shit one that was one of my first guitars and has EMG 81 and 60 in it (who says you can't polish a turd), as well as a neck thru floyd rose with a Dimebucker in it that was made in Japan. For what it's worth, my opinion is the more you pay, the more you get, and that is also my experience with BC Rich. Buy a cheap guitar, receive a cheap guitar, and that's exactly what the bronze series are. If you really want a Mock, save some dosh and buy a decent one.
    blaqk_fiend
    its an ok guitar but mine has a slight distortion on it and doesnt sound to great with a pedal. which sukcs