Bronze Mockingbird review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Mockingbird

Purchased from: Flash Back Guitars

It fit's my music style well.(rock, metal, etc... ) I use a cry baby footswitch and a Fender amp with it. It can be noisy but a good noise. When both volume and tone are on ten it sounds rich and full. It can make a good variety like pick squeals, pick slides and much more.

I play Metal, country, and rock and it fit's well with all of those. I have been playing for about 2 years. I own another guitar, a wah-wah pedal, and a Fender amp. There is nothing I could have before I bought it. I would probably get a new one. I love the fact that it is black.

This guitar could withstand Live playing for hours. The harware is in perfect shape and does seem like it will last. The strap buttons are very solid and hold the strap great. I could depend on it for as long as needed. I could probably go to a gig without a backup. The finish lools like it could last for years.

I would say it was set up at the factory well because the action was low. The pick ups i would say are in just the right spot. There is a prperly bookmatched top, with a properly routed bridge. My guitar did not contain any flaws.

I have no idea what year it was made but I do know that it was made in indonesisa. It has 24 frets and a thin neck. It si a solid-top. The body is made of maple and so is the neck. The finish is great, it's smooth and black. I have no idea wht style the body is but it is cool shaped. A whammy bridge that is silver. 2 humbucker pick ups, 1 lead/rhythm Switch, 1 volume, and 1 tone. The tuners on the head are silver and non-locking.

Kastöm
    the review by blackguitars has to be the least reliable review ever. no one in their right minds could rate a B.C. rich 200$ guitar as a 10/10. Hell, you couldnt rate a single B.C. Rich guitar a 10/10.
    Smithsc
    jean_genie wrote: I have a really tough time believing the average rating of 8.1, when about half the reviewers mention fretbuzz, however slight. Even at $200, no guitar that reliably buzzes should be rated any higher than 5, max. Pre-80s B.C. Rich guitars are awesome. In the 80s they moved production overseas, and stopped aging/drying the wood before they used it. This is why so many new ones buzz and get warped necks; because the wood dries AFTER you own it for a few months. I'd buy a B.C. Rich used if it was a few years old, but never new. Then again, I also don't gamble.
    nice, if your paying big bucks for a guitar the frets shouldnt buzz. period.
    Nightmare4560
    busted_hater wrote: tristan_deity wrote: badmilk wrote: i have this guitar, its a good begginer or intermediate guitar. ive only been playin for almost 2months now and i have a small 10watt crate and a boss ds1 dpedal hooked to it. it sounds awesome. for the price its a good buy. dude if youve only been playing guitar for not even 2 months now please dont try and rate or comment guitars..... and since when do you make the rules. yes i agree that he will not have a wide knowledge but he is entitled to his opinion just as much as you are!
    +1 dude , that told him lmao
    decayingdave
    The Eyebrow wrote: yea, i'm a fan of the crazy shaped metal guitars, but thought the mockingbird was too tame. I got a bronze series warlock instead. don't get me wrong, the 'bird is a good entry level guitar, it's just i didn't like the shape as much as other B.C.rich guitars.
    +1, it is far too tame for a Metal guitar... If it isn't stabbing you in the leg and scaring fender owners, a B.C. Rich isn't doing it's job. I own A Warbeast and a Zombie and I wouldn't get anything else! The only bad criticism I've ever heard against B.C. Riches was from people who were saying low-brow things like ''dat luks like me mum on a sunday mornin''... If you consider that to be a decent opinion, then grow a pair of balls or just don't get one. No one's ever complained about the sound unless they were complaining about the cheap ones... but that applies to cheap guitars in general, not the brand itself.
    hybridhelix666
    some of the shapes are really exaggerated, sometimes even annoying when you play a solo and hit the body but there are worse guitars...I am not a fan of all b.c. rich guitars I am quite satisfied with my gibson LP, but if you built some EMG PU's in your NJ series guitar of b.c. R. then you have got a good guitar. The only thing I hate is the standart head of those guitars. I like the ones with this miter-cut head more !!
    BRONZES BIRD
    I ALSO HAVE A MOCKING BIRD BRONZES AND THE ONLY THINGS I'LL COMPLAINE ABOUT IS THE OUTPUT JACK NUT COMES LOOSE EVERY NOW AND THEN, MY VOLUME NOB COMES OFF AND THE VOLUME NUT CAME LOOSE BUT I TIGHTEN THE NUT AND HAVENT HAD ANY MORE PROBLEMS OUT OF IT..THATS AFTER 2YRS OF PLAYING THIS GUITAR...TO GET AWESOME TONE OUT OF THIS GUITAR PLAY IT ON A MARSHALL AND A METAL MUFF AND YOU WILL NOT BE ANGRY THAT TONE I PLAY METAL AND CLASSIC ROCK AND I'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR ..TO EVERYONE THAT THINKS THIS GUITAR IS WORTHLESS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND BUY THE RIGHT GEAR AND YOU WANT BE ANGRY WITH THIS GUITAR
    BRONZES BIRD
    BRONZES BIRD wrote: I ALSO HAVE A MOCKING BIRD BRONZES AND THE ONLY THINGS I'LL COMPLAINE ABOUT IS THE OUTPUT JACK NUT COMES LOOSE EVERY NOW AND THEN, MY VOLUME NOB COMES OFF AND THE VOLUME NUT CAME LOOSE BUT I TIGHTEN THE NUT AND HAVENT HAD ANY MORE PROBLEMS OUT OF IT..THATS AFTER 2YRS OF PLAYING THIS GUITAR...TO GET AWESOME TONE OUT OF THIS GUITAR PLAY IT ON A MARSHALL AND A METAL MUFF AND YOU WILL NOT BE ANGRY THAT TONE I PLAY METAL AND CLASSIC ROCK AND I'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR ..TO EVERYONE THAT THINKS THIS GUITAR IS WORTHLESS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR 2YRS AND BUY THE RIGHT GEAR AND YOU WANT BE ANGRY WITH THIS GUITAR
    astonhemmings
    YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
    * Cough * This is a lie... I believe what you are trying to say is; dont bash on the really cheap guitar, because it is after all cheap.
    tristan_deity