Bronze Mockingbird review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Mockingbird

This guitar is great for most rock and metal music which I play, but it also has a nice clean tone, too. I use a Peavey Vypyr 15 watt amp with it. It's like they were made for each other (the amp and the guitar). It has a nice, rich sound that suits most music styles. This guitar doesn't have a tremelo bridge so can't divebomb or anything which sucks, but it's still a nice guitar.

This guitar is perfect for metal and rock music which I like to play. It's a perfect match. I've only been playing a year, but with this guitar, I've learned things like the guitar solos for Crazy Train, Enter Sandman, Talk Dirty To Me, and Free Bir and I've only been playing a little more than a year. Some other gear I own is a Peavey Vypyr 15 amp, a Pyramid GA110 amp (first amp), Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal, Boss CE-3 Chorus pedal, ProCo RATT pedal, and MXR Dyna Comp pedal. I have an Ibanez RG120 guitar, Epiphone LP Junior guitar, Fender Stratocaster guitar, Epiphone acoutic, and a Squier bass. I use 9 gauge strings, but I tweek it up by using a 9 as a B string instead of an 11, so it goes: 9-9-16-24-32-42. I wished I would've asked Who the previous owner was so I could beat the s--t out of them for damaging this guitar. I would get something else if it were stolen because I don't really like BC Rich's that much. I bought this one because it looked/played great and it was cheap. I love it because it's just a great, quality instrument. I compared it to some Ibanez and chose this because it was in better shape and because I alrerady have an Ibanez. I wish it had a Floyd Rose Trem.

I don't know if it will withstand Live playing considering I've never performed Live. The hardware is nice and solid and I'm sure it will last through what I do to it. The strap buttons couldn't be better, they're nice and solid. I think I could depend on it as a backup at a gig, but I'll never know until I join a band and get a gig. The finish... Hmmm. I don't know about the finish, but I think it will last at least a few more years.

The action was good, but mine had something wrong with the way the bolt-on neck was bolted on so I had to fix that by unbolting then rebolting it. The Pickups were adjusted pretty good. My friend said I should readjust the neck pickup a little but I like it how it is. The finish is gloss black, but when I got it there was a big scratch on the body. The main flaw I mentioned earlier about the neck, but other than that there weren't too many flaws. The volume nob was a little lopsided but that's just about it.

I'm not sure where or when it was made because I got mine used, but I do know that it has 24 frets, rosewood fingerboard, and a maple neck. It has 1 volume and 1 tone nob and a 3-way tone Switch. It has some kind of BC RICH pickups but as I said before I got it used so I have no clue which ones in particular. It has a fixed bridge.

dustjunk
    Eric 666 wrote: Blackskall wrote: I'm a big fan of B.C. Rich guitars, but this is the one guitar of B.C. Rich that I'm not really fond of...looks kind of dumb dude i say that to everyone, i'm a huge B.C Rich fan and the mockingbird just looks gay to me, i had a 91 "Class Axe" Warlock and i would prefer it anyday...i wish i wouldnt have sold it.
    you've got it all backwards, Mockingbirds are the only cool looking guitars B.C Rich have made. Warlocks look like pieces of reject shit.
    seitengewehr
    B.C.Rich does not make good cheap instruments. All the Bronze and Platinum series just SUCK. Their custom instruments are gfreat, just like any custom from any company, and the high series instruments are wellmade, but the cheap ones are just lame. ESP cheap series and Ibanez are way more better.
    jose00
    this guitars are not bad at all!the pick ups for the price of this guitar are pretty good!the neck is cool to play,great guitar for someone who starting to play heavy stuff.