Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: Abroad

I am first and foremost a heavy metaller and this guitar was built for that kind of music. On normal settings it gives you the perfect metal sound that fits as easily with Metallica as well as Iron Maiden. But with a little distortion, this baby is away and growlling insanly to dirtier sounding metal that could be perfect for death metal, black metal or anything that has a dirty bite. Whether it is your amp that has overdrive (like mine) or any range of pedals, this guitar can handle it. This guitar suits the thrash metal sound I wanted and can easily mould itself to fit several other style including classic rock, lighter metal, nu metal and even some of the heavier types of punk.

This guitar is my pefect match. I fell in love with it upon sight and that was sealed when I first heard it. It suits metal of all kinds for both sound and looks, it'll hake all your metal friends jealous. It's great for it's price, very much worth it. It would be nice to have a coffin case for it, but, well, we can't have everything. I'd certainly buy another one if anything happened to mine. All I can say is, a must for metal heads.

I've not had the pleasure of using my baby for a gig yet, but despite it's weight I think it can withstand it. The strap buttons are very solid, I am able to laugh at others without worrying if my own strap will fall off. And yes, I would use it at a gig without back-up.

Sometimes, it does appear a little fragile around the neck and headstock. Maybe it's just me, but it always seems to need extra care. And the shiny finish, however amazing it looks, chips easy than most I find. But the sound finish is spot on.

Nice thin neck makes it easier for the metal heads amongst us to reach faster than light solos. My Warlock has a black finish and looks amazing when it's made all nice and shiny. Although it doesn't have the gorgeous widow head stock of the platinum range it is nevertheless just as scary and metal as an industrial factory. There is none more metal than this pointy evil body shape that looks most menacing in jet black. I've had it since christmas and it appears to stay in tune fairly well. Not always so easy to get a case as it may be with other guitars because of its larger body shape.