Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: Second Encore Music

This guitar I half to say is one of the best metal guitars I have ever heard. It has a solid full bodied sound on the bridge pickup, although it does not pickup the sound of each string the way it should, and they can be muffles at times. Harmonics sounds very well on this guitar and even at low tunings keeps a very solid sound. I am using a Randall RG100SC, and i think that this guitar and this randall are the best mix for metal playing.

I play metal and thsi gutiar is perfect for acheiving that sound. I have been playing for 10 months and i own a 100 watt randall amp and it sounds great with this amp. I really wish I knew more about guitars before buying this guitar, but the sound was just incredible for the price. If this guitar were stolen I would probably buy a Jackson. I would not buy another BC Rich guitar. I love the tone and playability of this guitar. I had the electrical. More time and effort should have been into that. I love how this guitar is so simple and easy to setup, and is easily adjusted to your comfortbility. I had compared this guitar to a type of Les Paul Copy and one other guitar, but this guitars superior sound and playability drove me towards it. I should have popped open the back first though to see the wiring. I wish this guitar had solid wires, and an unchippable headstock.

This guitar sucks live playing. I've played 3 gigs and 3 times I've had to borrow a guitar. This warlock is cursed. I have had problems with the volume Switch, the pickup Switch, and the tone Switch as well as the input. I would not be surprised if I have soldered every wire back onto this guitar. I always keep a backup guitar if I'm playing live with this guitar. The nuts on the volume and tone knobs always come loose with turning, and need to be tightened time and time again. The nut was not securely fastened when I bought it and has needed to be refastened 2 or 3 times. the strap buttons are cleverly placed so that they are not seen by people watching, and I don't mind them being on the back. As long as you are not an idiot, you will be able to watch your strap so that it doesn't flip upside down and fall off on you.

When I first bought this guitar, I found it so easy to play. The pickups were adjusted perfecly, bridge pickup raised and the neck pickup was lower, but both were just a perfect distance from the strings. Once I learned more about guitars, I was able to fix the bridge so it was set up perfectly. This gutiar can just hover over the fretboard and have barely any fret buzz, and create a strong resonating sound. The body chips on the corners quite easily, and one of the points on my widow headstock is chipped to crap. It's not visible unless you look hard though. The screws on the input jack stripped in a matter of around 8 months from the purchase date, brand new.

My Warlock is a 2003 bronze series. I belive it to be made in China. It has 24 frets. It's got 2 humbuckers like any other Warlock and a fixed bridge. It's black with beautiful chrome hardware. It's got 1 volume, 1 tone, and a 3-way pickup selector, Gibson style. It's made of agathis or something, but I know its different then the 1999 version of this guitar.