Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: gear one music (gear1music.com)

It sounds very good with my DigiTech Metal Master Distortion. You could play speed metal, death metal, even classiic rock if you wanted to. I play it through a 300watt crate combo amp and a stomp box. It has a little bit of a hum to it but a good gate can fix that. The agathis body makes it sound like crap clean, or it might be because the action is soo high.

I play black/death metal and speed metal with fast solos. So I wouldn't use this on a solo. But it's good to use at home or just messing around, you'll play alot faster on guitars with low action after playing this guitar for 2 or 3 days. If it were stolen I would get a better warlock or a Jackson Rr-3 Flying V. I love the sound and look but I hate the action. I would be pissed if this were stoled though! I waited too long in line to get kerry kind to sign this thing. I don't care if it's not that good of a guitar.

This guitar lasts! it's been dropped, kicked, rained on, and everything else that could happen to it. The hard ware will last but I would replace the bridge and get a 2 piece like on a Les Paul. I like the strap buttons, they are bigger than most of the other B\.C\. Rich guitars I've had.

The factory set up was s--t! Do it yourself! The pickups were adjusted fine but I would replace them if you have the choice. My bridge is off center and the action is SOO high! I lowered them as low as they would go and it's still high! So it's not for solos, it will be after I work on it though. But I just use big strings and tune low. You can't tell the difference. The crome hardware dosen't look that good on the black guitar.

- I think it was made in 2002 or 2003 - 24 frets - Agathis body rosewood fingerboard - two humbuckers (three way selecting) - one volume one tone - one piece bridge