Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: online

The pickups, like I said, really do their job well. Most people would think that this guitar is purely meant for "metal," but it can really do anything. They aren't pheonominal, but they are above average. Kudos to BC Rich for the great pickups.

The overall impression of this guitar is great. It will make you look good, because its design. I play all styles of rock, and the way it makes me sound improves the performance. It will work great through professional style amps and pedals, but I just wish the body didn't ding so easily. I currently own a LP Special II, but this guitar improved my playing and ability. If someone stole it, I would find them and show them what for!

This guitar is definitely dependant enough for a live perfomance. The body is black, so any dings and fingerprints wount show up too badly. I've never really had a problem with the strap buttons, but you may want to get a better strap. The given one sucks. I would definitely bring a back-up to a show, but thats not saying anything because I would bring a back-up regaurdless of the guitar. This is a very "worth-it" guitar.

The way the guitar was set-up was nice, but I lowered the bridge to get more of a "buzzy" tone to the distortion. Otherwise, the action was pretty standard. The actual body, neck and headstock of the guitar, though, ding and dent easily. Dont jam too hard with this baby, it will show up.

The features on this guitar are so-so throughout, except for a few which really stand out. The pickups are nice, and the tuning pegs and knobs really do their job well. The only thing really wrong with it was that within a couple of months, the input-jack came loose and I had to re-saulder it. No biggie. However, its really heavy so be prepared to get a work out when jamming. The little amp is good for practice and on full blast puts out a good amound of noise, but get a better strap and gig bag.