Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

The sound is good enough for me. I use it through a small Marshall amp for my own personal practice sessions, and it does the job. For gigging I would upgrade the pickups for better sound or, upgrade the guitar. But like I said, it's good enough for me to practice on. As I said before, there is some buzzing at times, and I imagine that it is due to the rather inexpensive pickups it came with.

I play rock and classic rock and this is a good practice guitar for that. I have been playing off and on for 10 years, and I'm using this to get back into it seriously. I also own a Marshall amp as well as a Ibanez electric. I like the shape, color and action of this guitar. It is of much better quality than I was expecting from reading reviews. If it were stolen or lost, I would upgrade to the Platinum BC Rich for the better pickups.

It is possible that this guitar could withstand limited live playing. One gripe is that with excessive bending or hard jamming, it requires re-tuning fairly often. As long as you aren't bending up 1 1/2 steps all the time, it should stay in tune fairly decently. The harware seems pretty solid. People have said the finish chips easily, but I've been taking care of it and not abusing it, and the finish is just as nice as when I got it. The strap buttons are in kind of an awkward place on the back of the guitar, but I haven't had any problems with them yet. It seems pretty reliable, other than the tuning issues, but I would never gig without a backup anyways, as you never know when strings will break on any guitar.

After reading the reviews before I purchase this guitar, I was expecting to have to have a guitar tech set it up, but I was pleasantly surprised. It came with clean strings (no rust or dirt), the action was perfect. All it required was a tuning and it was ready to play. All nuts and fittings were snug and no other work was required. Neck was straight and flush. No scratches, marks or flaws. I give it a 5 here because I was expecting to have to do some work on it when it came, but it just needed tuning and was ready to go. Only minor gripe is that the pictue in musican's friend shows the BC Rich logo on the headstock, but it came with a big "Bronze" logo on the headstock, with a small "BC Rich" below that, so everyone can see it's the low end model, but I'm not gigging with it so thats a minor complaint.

I purchased this guitar from Musician's Friend in 2005. It is the red BC Rich Bronze Warlock. I basically wanted something fairly inexpensive to get back into playing guitar after a long layoff. It is a 2005 red Bronze Warlock, made in China. It has 24 frets on a maple neck/rosewood fretboard and an agathis body. It has a volume, tone and 3-way selector Switch. Pickups are of somewhat poor quality and have a tendency to buzz at times. Included accessories were a fairly cheap guitar cable as well as a allen key for adjustments.