Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 4.4 Poor
B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: Spectre Sound

Generally for my type of playing it sounds okay. I play mainly metal and hard rock such as AC/DC and Metallica. It sounds good through my Line 6 pod however I find that it does not have any edge to it. The guitar sounds distorted but has no crunch to it. Generally you recreate many famous tones however I would recommend buying better pickups.

The guitar sound good for metal and rock and had a good range of tones but felt as if it had no life to the sound. I have played many guitars in the same price range and all are better. If it were stolen I would be glad beacsause I would have the excuse to buy another guitar. I basically hated evreything about it aspecially the bridege as I have said earlier, the only think I like is the tribale patterns on the body. Generally this guiatr feels cheap and very lifeless and tacky, do not buy this guitar its a waste of time!

I don't think this guitar would stand live palying at all. The body has no chips after the sven months I have had it, howver the widow headstock sucks. It would easily chip and looked terrible. I would never use this in a gig I would be afraid that the headstock would snap of as it seems very flimsy. The strap buttons were pathetic the would just fall off without any extreme playing and the lead jack would keep falling into the guitar body. The worst thing I would say about this guitar was the bridge. To begin with no problems, however when I changed the strings the problem began. The bridge string saddles would literally cut through the strings within a few days of playing. I thought it may be just the string make howver I tried many other strings and it would still cut through them! Even a heavier guage will still be cut in half! I wouldn't recommend this guitar at all in this aspect. If anyone buys this guitar be very careful.

The guitar was set up well. Strings had been replaced and the pick ups were dialled in right and there were no damagess to the body. The only problem was that the bridge was set up wrong and the action was very high however after fine tuning it myself I found the action was still very high, so it would cut into your fingers very easiy so I replaced with heavier strings. The guitar looked good from a distance however the finish feels very cheap and the neck had some sort of glue on it which wouldn't come off. It may have been just my guitar but it felt very tacky overall.

2004 model BC Rich Warlock Metal Master edition with tribal patterns with a widow headstock. The guitar has 24 jumbo frets with dot inlays. The body is made from agathis and has a black matt finish with tribal patterns. Two BC Rich made humbuckers are featured with a volume pot and a bass pot and a three way Switch.