Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: Matchetts Music Belfast

I play a lot of instrumental/metal music and this guitar definitely looks the deal but sometimes looks can be deceiving. It was my first electric guitar and didn't really care how it sounded but over time I have been trying to make my guitar sound like other artists such as Vai and Satriani but this guitar can't compete with their outrageous tone and clarity. I play a few live gigs now an then and there are two major problems with the sound of this guitar; treble and feedback as they both go hand in hand. When playing lead breaks my treble notes are smothered by my friends amp and mine is turned up louder than his! But when I try to turn up the treble EQ past 3 or 4 my guitar screeches uncontrollably. Nevertheless I would suggest this guitar if you play mostly rhythm as it sounds great with the bassy notes and mids and are very distinguisable when palm-muting.

I play instrumental/metal but I think it suits metal more although I would prefer intrumental now a days. I've been playing for around 3 years this Christmas. I only have this and my HCM30 so I wouldn't say I have the best or biggest variety of equipment. If it were stolen I'd hope the robber would trip and impale himself while running away with it. Mostly I love the shape and the ease to play but I wish it had some new pickups (paf pros and Diarzio evolutions) and a double locking tremolo so I could possibly expand my playing style a bit more. Overall great beginner guitar or advanced rhythm players but I would suggest looking elsewhere if your looking for a guitar with more extreme lead capabilites.

This guitar has definitely withstanded live gigging. I've smashed it off stair railings right before gigs and it was still fit for playing. During a solo in a live gig my high E lost grip and completely detuned but it was a Brand New string so I don't know whether to blame it on the guitar or not. I have had a few problems with the jack electronics and have had to resolder the connectors on two seperate occasions. I'v played it without a backup because I don't have any other guitars but soon I hope to get a Ibanez RG350DX with paf pro neck and dimarzio evolution bridge pickups so then my warlock can be there when it fails or I needa downtune and don't have any allen keys with me. I has a few bits of paint missing around the main edges but thats probably because I leave it at my ass once I've stopped playing.

The factory setup was great it didn't need much adjustment apart from lowering the action as it was very very high, which may be good for tapping and pull-offs is too high for my liking. But when you lower the action too much you get a lot of fret buzz on the lower notes but I think that it is because my neck is slightly warped.

I got this guitar in December 2003 as a Christmas present and I still have and play it to this day. I think it was made in Korea or China or somewhere like that. I have a tendency to take stickers off. It has 24 frets just the way I like it and has a glossy black finish with delightful chrome hardware. Agathis body (never heard of that type of wood in my life) and maple neck with the special "balls-holder" headstock. It has one volume and one tone control with a 3 way selector to Switch between the neck and/or brigde humbuckers. The store man even threw in a Laney HCM30 to sweeten the deal!

Forcemaster
    warlockking wrote: turbopunk2000 wrote: bc rich = CRAP two words KERRY KING
    several words. Kerry king uses custom shop bc rich's, which are known to be nothing like their production line piles of shite.