Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: Ebay

It suits my music style perfectly (metal) and I am currently using it with a Marshall MG100. It has the best tone I have ever come across in a guitar, and suits thrash metal as it is a heavy sound. The strings provide a much more metallic tone to any guitar I have used previously. It can produce a wide variety of sounnds and even at high volumes does not lose it's incredible tone.

I play a lot of metal and the guitar works perfectly with the genre, the tone fits and it looks the part too. I have been playin just over 2 years, and own a Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster which are nowhere near up to the standard of this. If it was stolen or lost then I would defineatly buy another, though if I had a little mor cash I would defineately consider moving up to the silver or platinum series for superior build quality and tone. I love the look, tone, and feel of this guitar, and I fing it impossible to flaw. My favourite feature is either the overall amazing appearance or the incredible tone. I compared it to a Gibson SG, but I decided that as a Gibson costs over 400 more, and if you ask me has pretty poor tone, that this was by far the better option.

This guitar withstands live playing very well, however I have seen examples in the past of carelessness when people have chipped or knocked the spikes and the head. The strap buttons are solid and I would defineately use it gigging as I have already several times without fault. The finish will last unless you are careless.

The guitar was set up untuned but the pickups were adjusted just to my liking. There were no flaws whatsoever after a thorough examination by me and a few friends. The bridge and top were perfectly routed and bookmatched and the controls all work well without being too loose or stiff.

It was made in China in early 2006, it has 24 rosewood frets and a maple neck. It has a volume and a tone selector and a 3 way Switch with B.C. Rich pickups and came with a cable, a temporary case and an allen key. It has a black laquer finish, which is quite hardy except from the corners, which are vulnerable.

DMguitar1
    no way.... i have a bc rich warlock, keery king signature model, bought early 2006... it has several chips, and the body isnt perfect... but the author of the first review here is an absolute blood RETARD... the warlock is god of metal, sure it has its competitors, and theres better metal axes out there, but the warlock is definately among them... it has the image of metal all over it... the playability is great, my nut is ALWAYS perfect, tuning is always spot on, and it never, EVER craps out on me... ive been gigging it since i laid my hands on it... which would be around 10 to 11 months ago... maybe you should learn more about what youre doing instea do judging your own instrument... and if theres problems with it, learn how to fix them. nando out
    joshblues21
    warlocks suck. for the same price you could make a metal guitar out of a mexican strat.
    ICX357
    A friend of mine has this guitar and its pretty beat in less then a year zakk wylde's Gibson LP FTW
    Anarion614
    crapload of reviews... i would buy that guitar just for the ridiculous body lol
    metalmiliita56
    both wrong ,cannibal corpse guitarist has custom shop riches,Im pretty sure he uses a v and not a warlock and same with kerry he uses a custom v , the only bc riches truley worth investing in are the cusom shops imo
    guitarmurder911
    Phade wrote: As if u wud want a bronze series warlock over a Gibson, a Gibson kicks warlocks asses no matter what series. U dont see any of the great guitarists on stage with warlocks( exception to kerry king), they have Gibsons or guitars worth spending money on
    Wrong cannibal corpses lead guitarist uses a Rich... but ill agree i have a Beast and they do sound horrible
    metalfan#3
    Jesus Christ these things seem fragile...I have a $300 Washburn Idol that I absolutely adore, it's f*cking rock solid! Seriously, I've dropped it many a time, even once where my shitty strap broke and it plummeted onto a wood floor, all that happened was the tone pot got chipped. It has two amazing humbuckers with 2 volume and 2 tone controls, so I can pretty much coil tap them by turning their corresponding tone knob to zero and it sounds godly. The distortion is amazing. After the living hell I've put it through, the amazing paint job still holds up. That's much better than this sh*tty fragile piece of crap.
    Tedward
    i hate how all these people are like "Gibson LPs are the best for shredding". I have heard that most Gibson LPs are horrible for tapping. Name one shred guitarist that uses one (other than slash). Im not saying there arent, but way more use jacksons and Ibanez. Still there are way better quality guitars than BC rich.
    DMguitar1
    Ibzman wrote: Actually, a good guitar has a nice sound, is very reliable, and is sold over 1300$ New. BC Rich are the most crap guitars, only the custom shop ones worth the money. Even for a beginner guitar its shit, a Squier over it anyday. It doesnt even worth the 150$ they paid it. Damn, work and get some money to buy a real guitar. And wtf are those guys sayin' with their "metal sound" ? Do they even know what a metal sound is ? That guitar is made of agathis for god sake, the worst wood I've ever heard. A real metal sound would be something like a Gibson Les Paul with EMG's in it through a Mesa/Boogie Roadking. Anyway, it's just my opinion, but you should listen to it if you don't wanna end up with crap thinking you're godlike with that.
    that les paul would be all fake... its not about what youre using with it, its about the sound of the guitar itself, **** the amps. **** the pickups. go factory... any idiot can put some high tech shit into their own guitar and call it a metal beast. only a good player can make a shithouse factory guitar sound godly through any amp, using a little thing called SKILL...
    xmurderoticax
    people are retarded for saying that this is a terrible guitar. It's actually not that bad, sure it's not the best guitar, but it's definitly not the worst either. You get what you pay for pretty much, and these guitars are only around $300 - $500. You wanna talk about crap? Look at that POS acoustic Esteban sells with his instructional videos.
    pariah452
    In all honesty THE best guitar for its price range right now is a dean ML. Dime bag series. Not only do they sound absolutely amazing but they play it too.
    Chad11491
    price has nothing to do with a good guitar, i know tons of guitars that are less than $1,000 that are excellent guitars, but i agree B.C. riches are some of the ugliest , worst sounding guitar's i've heard
    Ibzman
    fire within
    i dont like the warlocks, they break easy, they sound bad and i just dont get the feel of them my friends broke after a few months, and although i have had a few problems with my epi, i would choose it over a B.C Rich any day, it looks just as nice
    nutinELSEmaters
    for the first review..if you treat your guitar like you treat the english language im sure its falling to shit. but you right, bc rich sucks..if you get the wrong one
    mister_crowley
    I dont think this is a very good guitar. The BC Rich platinum series warlock with a floyd isnt even that good, so to think what this would be like i could just set my pubes on fire, shave them off and eat them. mmm.
    theguitarist
    ...and cut out the flaming. If you can't post something constructive, without flaming or usage of profanity/insults , don't post at all.