Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: A Friend

I play mostly Metal, Thrash, and Alternative, and it gets the job done. I use a GNX4 guitar workstation and a Peavey Bandit 112. It has very warm tone due to the Duncan pickups, but can also be very crisp and edgy with the right distortion. Pickup selector is a bit noisy. It's best for metal, but it does the other genres to satisfaction, at least.

I play metal, thrash, and alternative, so it is a pretty decent match for that stuff. I've been playing 8 1/2 years, and Own a Jackson JS30KV and Epiphone Gothic '58 Explorer. Before I bought this, I should have asked if the bridge could be swapped out for something better. I don't regret owning this guitar by any means, but if it were stolen, I'd ptrobably buy something else. I love the neck because it's lightning fast, and the pickups are really good. I really hate the bridge style. I didn't compare it to anything else. I was looking for a "metal guitar" with good pickups, and my friend told me he had this, and I bought it before I really thought about it and examined it. I wish it had a better bridge, and better tuners. This thing doesn't hold tune for more than two or three songs in a row. But still, not the worst guitar you could buy, by any means. I'd recommend this to the entry-level metal guitarist.

This guitar has withstood Live gigs. Hardware is solid, straplocks are solid, finish is also very good. I never use any guitar without a backup, but it could do everything in my band's setlist. Finish has a few dings in it from a few years worth of normal use, but it's still a good solid finish.

The guitar's setup was done by my friend when he got it, so the action was pretty good. Pickups needed to be raised a bit, and sit in the housings a little loose, but not too bad. Other than that, I hate the Warlock bridge, but the guitar isn't all that bad.

I bought this axe from a friend of mine. It was a project guitar he was revamping for someone else, so it was Brand New. It is a 2002 model with 24 frets, bolt-on maple neck and agathis body. When I got it, it was already rigged with passive Seymour Duncan pickups (SH-6 bridge, SH-1 '59 neck), so that was a very good thing. Has a solid black finish. I'm not sure what to call the bridge style (you other Warlock owners know what I'm getting at), but I don't like it very much at all. One volume, one tone, three-way selector Switch. Two humbuckers. The nuners are non-locking and are extremely touchy, to the point of annoyance. Came with durable hardshell case and strap with Schaller straplocks.

wolflord1
    I think that BC guitars are real metal guitars, especialy WARLOCK & BEAST but WARLOCK is mine favorite! I thought that it will be nice thing to buy a cheap bronze Warlock with Widow headstock only and put some EMG's or DiMarzio in it(couse these pickups dont "feel" crap of wood such as Agathis) and customise guitar a little, and i'm sure it will kick ass!!!
    StratoSlayer
    Yo if you put Dimebuckers on this, new machine/tuning heads, and ran it through a boss DS1 distortion to a marshall halfstack would it sound good? because i'm thinking about doing that.
    Metal_HxC_Music
    I think i got this guitar stock and am playin it through a Peavey Blazer 158 and it sounds very good. Its got a little hummin to it, but nothin terrible. I am really impressed with this guitar and the sound of it is absolutely amazing... Very crunchy metal sound to it. I am thrilled with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone, Begginer or not... It also has a good clean sound to it too, if thats what tickles your fancy.
    Frozenfire3D
    Yes, that's the problem i find. . . Many people compare a 200 dollar bc rich to a gibson. That's silly. . . Bc rich is simply getting what you pay for. You can try the special edition archtop bich and it really is worth your money, being basswood and all
    joedefenestrate
    I own the bronze warlock with widow head,These guitars are not very fragile,yes you will get chips and so forth from being droped and set down over the years but ive had mine for a good 6 years now,everything still stock and this guitar has been trough hell and back! One of the points at the bottom of the guitar actually has a chunk of wood tooken out from being dropped and it still plays and sounds the same as it did the day i got it,the only major problem i had and i know a coulpe other people that have warlocks have the same problem ,is that the input jack wireing is shit,ive had to fix mine about 4 times probabaly even more.I have used this guitar live and had no problems with it,not the greatest sounding guitar in the wrold but ok for a beginer,i still play on it sometimes,but i deffinatly recomend the platnuim warlock
    adg77
    BC Rich guitars suck, they may look cool but basically unless you get a decent one for over $500 you might as well get an esteban
    Razeon
    I have a BC Rich guitar, actually this same one, and it's awesome! I have no problems with mine.
    warlock hero
    got the guitar for x-mas and love it the only problum i have faced is the switch to switch pick-ups