Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 5.2 Decent
B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: some music store

It's okay for some metal. Mainly it's good for drop tuning songs and I can actually play a lot of old System Of A Down stuff on it and it sounds alright, but it doesn't really play anything else. I'm using a MT-2 Metal Zone pedal, an Alesis Midiverb2, and a Peavey studio pro 40 amp. It's pretty noisy if you crank it too far but part of that might be the rest of my rig although my other guitars don't have this much of a problem as this guitar does. It's really only suited for metal, and it's good for a beginner to learn on because it's cheap and a beginner would feel like a bad ass holding a guitar of this shape. I know I did for a while.

I play a lot of music, but it's only good for heavier stuff, nu-metal and stuff of that nature. I've been playing for almost 2 years and have 7 guitars this is the 3rd cheapest guitar I have but the worst sounding and worst playing guitar I have. It even sounds and plays worse than the $89 Lotus Strat copy that I bought with a gig bag and a tiny Kustom amp. If it were stolen or lost I would be mad because someone stole something of mine, but I'm not sure I would replace it. I didn't really compare it to anything because it was cheap and I wanted a guitar with hum buckers and it looked cool and I had just started playing. Only buy this guitar if your a beginner, and when you start to develop some technique and sense of tone buy something more expensive.

I think you could use this as a last resort for Live playing. The hardware seems like it will last for a while, but not like generations upon generations. The strap buttons suck, period. I really don't depend on this guitar, it's just too cheap feeling, and I would not gig with this as my main guitar, but as my very last resort of all my guitars. The finish wont last it's already peeling away.

It was setup okay from the factory but as I learned more on how to change the action I lowered it a bit. The pickups were in a fine place, but maybe a bit far from the strings. No flaws I could see except for some fret buzz on the lower frets making it nearly impossible to get a good lead sound, but that may have been in part my fault for lowering the strings a bit.

I'm not sure what year it was made or where exactly. I'm not up to date on where all of my guitars are from, but I'm guessing it wasn't made in the U.S.A. It's got 24 frets, 25.5 scale. The neck feels pretty comfortable to me, the neck is maple, and has an ebony fret board. The body is Agathis(ewww). Mine has a black finish that's chipping away, and it's of course the warlock body style. It's got a fixed bridge, 2 Passive hum bucking pickups(HH configuration) which give off a fuzzy kinda tone with my metal zone pedal and Peavey studio pro 40 amp and have some pretty bad cleans unless you roll down the volume quite a bit, and I'm not sure on the make or model of the pickups they're just the stock ones. It has non locking die-cast tuners that stay in tune okay over all. It came with a gig bag, I bought it very slightly used. The guy before me had it maybe one or 2 days and it just sat around.

JerkyChid
    All the Bronzes really suck, there for the guys just learning. The bridges give you no sustain, the BDSM pickups while they hold pretty good dirty harmonics- are unclear. A lot of the new BC Rich's are real good but not their prices (from multi hundreds to thousands.)The NT series (neck-thru) is a great in between but the finishes are only in black now; it just gets old. And now for my fellow commentors. Seems to me there's very little actual debate and opinion here. Everytime I see the comments on a reveiw here it has a lot of pure fanboys and those that just hate and don't back anything up. Ignorance abounds.
    wierdo911
    that sucks i just got got one i guess i should have read some reviews first
    sic_riffs
    BDSM pickups shud be on some of the better versions they should jus put shit pickups on this to finish the shit work off
    Devilman2020
    Tedward wrote: i hate how all these people are like "Gibson LPs are the best for shredding". I have heard that most Gibson LPs are horrible for tapping. Name one shred guitarist that uses one (other than slash). Im not saying there arent, but way more use jacksons and Ibanez. Still there are way better quality guitars than BC rich.
    u want a list, well here are guitarist that use les pauls Duane Allman Jeff Beck Buckethead Eric Clapton Allen Collins Buck Dharma Peter Frampton Ace Frehley Billy Gibbons Kirk Hammett James Hetfield Jimi Hendrix Freddie King Lenny Kravitz Albert Lee Bob Marley Paul McCartney Tom Morello Ted Nugent Jimmy Page Joe Perry Randy Rhoads Carlos Santana Rudolph Schenker Slash Adrian Smith Pete Townshend Eddie Van Halen Joe Walsh Zakk Wylde Neil Young Frank Zappa if u want more ill give u more. there was someone that said that this warlock was better then alot or some gibson's, well u know wat, my 25 dollor baja strat replica, stock everything, nothing has been changed out this guitar except the strings. plays ten times better then this peice of firewood lol
    Mr.Awesome
    ive played so many different guitar, hell i even own a jackson dinky with seymour duncan pickups, and i mean, its better, but hell, its nowhere near the quality of my warlock, compared for the price paid for both. I mean, a 400 dollat guiitar sounding as good as it does is amazing to me.