Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: trademe.co.nz

The guitar suits my style very well as I generally play metal/death metal. I play it through a Line 6 spider II on the "insane" setting most of the time. The guitar sounds awesome considering it has Standard pickups, they produce a hard punchy tone and really bring out artificial harmonics. I plan to put a syemour duncan dimebucker in the bridge spot which will make it sound mint. I hope. The pickups also sound pretty decent on clean which is a bonus.

I have been playing for almost 3 years now and I also own a B\.C\. Rich Platinum Beast, Line 6 Spider II 30 amp and. My favourite feature of this guitar and the many other B.C. Richs is the awesome headstock. For the price I got this I am very pleased, I blows away all the Ibanez, Ashton and Jackson guitars that are under $600. One day I would like to own a B.C. Rich mockingbird with floyd rose and neckthru, also I would love a Dean ML or Razorback.

This guitar would look awesome Live, but the only problem is the extravagent spikes can chip easily. I dropped my bc rich platinum beast once a while ago and am still pissed of now as it took a big chunk out of the bottom spike. I would recommend buy strap locks. The hardware is very good and feel like they could take a beating. I feel as if I could rely on it at a gig but I would always take my platinum beast as a backup or the other way round, just incase.

When I got it the action was almost perfect, just a little low which resluted in slight buzz on the low E, but easily fixed. The frets were all good and are nice to play on. All the hardware is very good quality on the guitar and most is the same as the platinum models.

I'm not sure when or where it was made, Korea I'm guessing. It's got 24 jumbo frets, agathis body with rosewood fretboard. The bridge is a simple Tune-O-Matic. Electronics wise it has 1 volume, 1 tone and 3-way selector, the pickups a dual bc rich humbuckers. Every thing is of a high quality and not really much different than the platinum series.

TrivGtr187
    kota5492
    never buy a warlock as a beginer 5 years ago i bought one cause i thought i was like kerry king or somthing but hell these things are useless and sound like shit so just save up and get an ibanez or like a jackson nooooobs
    Korzack
    I'm thinking of buying 1 of these & doing a pup swap for a pair of Duncans - I'm thinking a JB neck & a distortion on the bridge. I quite like em (BC Rich's)myself, it's actually something different. Schecters... They just bore me really, as do a lot of metal guitars.
    mr. ...
    StratoSlayer wrote: Yo if you put Dimebuckers on this, new machine/tuning heads, and ran it through a boss DS1 distortion to a marshall halfstack would it sound good? because i'm thinking about doing that.
    dood. do that to ANY guitar and it would sound good
    Mad-Season
    I just bought an incomplete Bronze Warlock with a Jackson neck, ESP humbuckers and a brand new body. Despite all the negative press I've read here I'm hoping it will sound decent once I've put it all together. Of course I'm not expecting it to sound better than my Epi G-400 Goth.
    rammsteinrob
    Schecter are soooo much better for the money and they are for metal, this is more of a looks thing but there are some killer Schecter's
    wyldeshredder
    tried out a Jackson Soloist SL-1 and I have to say, it made my Warlock sound like crap, so I will be buying that one very soon.
    yes,jacksons kill BC's...u can either try to look like a great guitar player with a Bc Rich, or sound great with a jackson...simple
    Siandos.BCRich
    u ****ing idiots! u buy a 150 dollars guitar and u expect it to be good?! wtf?! i've got a platinum series warlock and its pretty decent. its good actually. the platinum series is about 400 dollars. seriously how can u expect to get a good guitar by paying 150 dollars?
    SOUPerman432321
    bcrich6 wrote: well to be honest, i have a platinum series. and it kicks ass dude. its the one of the best guitars i have ever played. the bronze series might not be as good, but again, as many have already pointed out, its a ****ing BRONZE series. so stfu and live with it. its meant to be slightly cheaper. do you think they are going to spend a lot of money on paint for something thats called BRONZE? of course it will chip, and of course the headstock will chip. but tell me, does that effect the tone? so shut up, and learn to play more than just smoke on the water you idiots. bronze is not supposed to be as good. you want a better guitar? spend more than just 150 ****ing dollars *****s
    a BC rich should never be one of the best guitars you ever played. either youve never played a gibson, fender, schecter, or an esp or you're not good enough to tell the difference
    xvictimofadownx
    you forgot a hella lot of people bro
    SOUPerman432321
    Love, KoRn wrote: i have this guitar in black, i absolutely love it!
    shouldn't you be playing a 7 string you Korn fed ****er
    SOUPerman432321
    synyster.punk wrote: bc rich are ugly peices of crap
    lol thats the best thing ive ever heard BC Rich is on the same level as squier and first act
    zeptallica06
    As far as I'm concerned it's not the guitar that sucks it's the person thats playing it that does. I own a Bronze Warlock and I've recorded with it, played out live with it and I have no problem with the clean or distortion sound. I've owned mine for about 3 years and it's still in great condition. I think it's whoever owns the guitar that says it's falling apart must not treat there possessions very well. In my opinion this is a decent guitar for it's price, looks and playability. I wouldn't consider this a "beginner" guitar, thats just like saying any guitar is a beginner guitar. ~ zeptallica06.
    Norcantalus
    Dude, are you an idiot? Edge comes from the amp. The lack of edge is due to your Line 6 pod sucking cock.
    tallicatextures
    dude...bc rich has some good guitars..those slayer and deicide use...they're costume shp guitars...but these, these bc rich guitars SUCK!everyone who have played in a good guitar like an ibanez or a gibson and then plays these...forget it...it sucks hard.
    Devilman2020
    xvictimofadownx wrote: Devilman2020 wrote: Tedward wrote: i hate how all these people are like "Gibson LPs are the best for shredding". I have heard that most Gibson LPs are horrible for tapping. Name one shred guitarist that uses one (other than slash). Im not saying there arent, but way more use jacksons and Ibanez. Still there are way better quality guitars than BC rich. u want a list, well here are guitarist that use les pauls Duane Allman Jeff Beck Buckethead Eric Clapton Allen Collins Buck Dharma Peter Frampton Ace Frehley Billy Gibbons Kirk Hammett James Hetfield Jimi Hendrix Freddie King Lenny Kravitz Albert Lee Bob Marley Paul McCartney Tom Morello Ted Nugent Jimmy Page Joe Perry Randy Rhoads Carlos Santana Rudolph Schenker Slash Adrian Smith Pete Townshend Eddie Van Halen Joe Walsh Zakk Wylde Neil Young Frank Zappa if u want more ill give u more. there was someone that said that this warlock was better then alot or some gibson's, well u know wat, my 25 dollor baja strat replica, stock everything, nothing has been changed out this guitar except the strings. plays ten times better then this peice of firewood lol you forgot a hella lot of people bro
    oh yea i forgot me lol, na but i did say if u want more names i got more
    AnEvilWalrus
    I have a B.C Rich Warlock Afterburner (those "special edition" ones) and I find it to be a good guitar. The headstock seems damn fragile though, I bet it wouldn't survive a fall backwards, and there are chips in the headstock as well... but other then that it seems to be a fairly good guitar, at least for what I got for it.
    cholo17
    Well i bought one this year June. This guitar is good for starters. It IS fragile because of the spikes but a hard hit to the body will hardly do something. It stays long with its tune but you need to fix the fingerboard and bridge regularly. The sound is okay, it has good distortion but sometimes it gets messy and it can sound kind of bad even with a good amp if you don't know how to use it well. This guitar is cheap and looks good and has a descent sound. I recommend it for genres like metal or hard rock. This guitar its for beginners and people who want a good looking guitar but low in cash.