Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: ebay

This guitar was made to play metal, it looks like it and sounds like it. It sounds good through a lot of amps, but I had some problems with a Fender amp on the clean channel. It isn't noisy on high gain settings, because that is what it is desinged for. It could use a better clean sound. This is a good guitar for comping out heavy power chords, or shredding out a loud, fast solo. However, if you want to do a slow bluesy rythem or solo, look elsewere.

If this guitar were stolen or lost I wouldn't buy it again. I play blues music and this guitar isn't a good match. If you play heavy metal, then buy this guitar. I just wish it had more variety in it's sound. In comparison to other B.C. Rich guitars, this is the best one for the money.

I could see somebody using this guitar to play Live. It is durable, reliable, and it looks awesome. However, it is a little heavy. I would bring a backup to a gig for string breaks and everything. It is obvious that there was a lot of finish problems when I got it, and the finish is only wereing away more and more rapidly. The strapbuttons are as solid as they come.

The action is pretty good, but it could be a little higher. The pickups were ajusted just right. The bridge was properly routed. Mine came used, so there were already some finish flaws, and the tuning pegs were loose, and so were the tone controls. There were a couple places were the fretwire was filled poorly. The reason I'm giving this a higher rating than I should is because, again, I got it used, and some of the flaws could of come with handling.

This guitar features a Wicked Warlock design, an Agathis body, a Maple neck, a Rosewood fretboard, 24 frets, a set of Dual humbucking pickups, and cool chrome hardware. The finsih can come in either black or red. The black looks evil. The red looks sleeker.

rhcpfan118
    i hate these guitars. but if it actually did have 25 frets that would be pretty awesome. imagine the possibilities. but i'm a stickler for headstocks and this one makes me want to punch a whole through a wall...
    qotsa1998
    25 frets....rly?? Honestly, my friend has a tribal version of this, and its really not too horrible. Played tru the crappy amp and a DS-1 that i had with me, it got some decently crunchy sounds. Id rather have a Mockingbird, but if i had to do with this, id definately take out the pickups more than anything else. The tuners, too.
    GuitarPlayer716
    This was actually my first guitar, and it was a total waste of money. The action sucked, and the neck warped horribly after just a few months, and I take good care of my instruments. At one point the f***ing fretboard came unglued from the neck, and I had to reglue the P.O.S. I finally got rid of it because the pickups stopped working...to this day I have no idea why. I picked it up to play it and it just didn't work anymore. Anyone who reads this, save yourself the money and headache that this sorry excuse for a guitar costs.
    Pyro_TheVampire
    If you have to be "Cool" and need the shape of a BC Rich, go for somthing that is worth you while like a sammik! I have played a sammick warlock and a BC rich warlock, and I find that the sammick sounds way better, plays better, and feels more reliable.
    Devin2112
    I got this last year and I use it regularly. It's a good guitar, but the I'm not a big fan of the tone.
    dragula852
    Viking_Swede666 wrote: b.c. rich blows. for ****s sake, Get a Jackson. beats the hell out of these pieces of firewood.
    i have a BC Rich... 3 actually, and every time me and my friend jam, he ends up using one of my warlocks because his Jackson sounds like a total piece of crap. If you want an awesome guitar, you will buy a BC Rich Warlock. It has killer sound and looks to match.