Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: Local Pawn Shop

It looks metal as hell, and has nice pointy ends to impale rabid fans while on stage when you're shredding. Okay not really, but you get the point, definatly has a heavy metal look to it. I use a horribly rigged Fender bass amp to 2 fifteen inch Weston amps, which were used by country stars in the late sixties. I know that's metal as hell right? It is a little dull and probbley could use a new bridge pickup. The pinch harmonics sound sweet and it doesn't loose any sound with different guage strings or detuning.

This is a perfect match for me because I'm just that metal to have a warlock. I've been playing for about 3 years or so now, and I run everything through a crappy set of country amps with a Fender bass amp cut apart inside to be rigged to them, and then run through a bunch of distotion pedals and wah and stuff, so it's my equipment if anything, but it sounds metal with the riight settings rigged around it. I would be sad if this thing got stolen but I still have my Vintage Kramer axe so I'm not too worried about this thing. I hate the fact that it doesn't fit in average cases but I love the look so I'll just have to suck it up and not be a pussy over it then right? I chose this because it looks metal and sounds metal too, what more do you need?

This thing seems alright after a little interior work gets done to it to fix the damned Switch, it doesn't hum or anything and sounds pretty rad when I'm playing it through my setup, But I only had to pay 30 dollars with the trade in of a used guitar so what do I care I got the better deal out of it. I wouldn't rely to heavily on it in a gig it just has a feeling that it miiight shit out on you.

I got it set up rather crappy at the pawnshop but then again, IT's a pawnshop riight? The bridge one is practically falling out, so. That's probbley not a good sign but it sounds good so Who cares. This thing smells like it's been in a reefer den and was sold for drug money. But uh, yeah it's pretty rad now that I cleaned it up and tossed some 52 guage strings and detuned it to C#.

I believe this was made in Asia somewhere, likely China and is made of agathis wood. I has 24 frets so you can get quite a bit outta it. Rosewood fretboard and all that good shit, I have the black finished model of this which I got used at a pawnshop, with a broken switch. It has a strange "one piece ajustable" bridge on it, but once you get a screwdriver out you can easily set tension and action stuff with it. The pickups aren't top of the line, and the bridge one was popped out a bit when I got it, but I think that's partially the reason the switch doesn't work. But I'm pretty happy with it all together. The main problem I have is that it doesn't fit in an average case because of the sexy horns and shit it has all over.

WARLOCK123
    i got this guitar 6 months ago as my first and its great for beginners but more experienced players should buy a more expensive model that is better suited to them. i am thinking of getting a second guitar, which is best an Ibanez RG321 MH or an Epiphone G400 or a Schecter Blackhawk BC1
    Rocker396
    It's got 24 frets dumbass. it has 25 but only 24 are for playing.
    P-Bass Pirate wrote: and 25 frets long... Oh my goodness! it's the world's first 25 fret guitar! seriously... wtf?
    Drunkun Munky
    I'm gonna agree with most people here, i have this guitar it was my first one and i only paid 250.00 for the thing! but in all honesty i still love the thing i have had it for about 2 years and have never had a problem with it except when i thought i knew how to set it up! i was wrong after the pro set it up i havent had to change a thing! i have bought the ibanez xpt700(effin sick), the warlock cant compare to it but i also paid 850 for the ibanez.. no matter which way you slice it the warlock bronze is a great starter for anybody looks great plays alright! and you cant beat the price!