Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I play pretty much all kinds of music on my guitar and it has not failed me yet. Distortion is only as good as your amp, but as for as the sound goes it works great for any kind of metal/rock song. The only problem you might have playing is some acoustic stuff because you just cannot attain a very rich sound with this guitar, but for 149.00 dollars it is pretty good. The pickups are good for playing all kinds of rock for beginners. If you play heavy heavy stuff such as Pantera and Korn I would advise either buying a very good effect pedal or a pick up change because it just doesn't have enough "power" to get that grainy. But overall the sound of it is very good. No buzzing or anything.

My overall impression of this guitar is one that is good for beginners but still ok for more serious people. It can withstand a lot of damage and it's very reliable except for a couple of problems with which I have already explained. The Warlock Bronze is a very good guitar and it has lasted me for 2 years and hopefully will last much longer.

The Warlock can withstand a lot of punishment. It could possibly go through Jimi Hendrix's fire, Kurt Cobain's playing, and Paul Stanley's smashing and come out playable. It is very, very durable and lightweight. It is kind of like an old Nokia phone, if it breaks you can just put it back together again. This guitar is great for soloing, due to the very low action, and it's great for everything in between. The body is very sturdy and can take a lot of punishment. The paint job is very good and will not wear away any time soon. The frets are solid. The bridge has absolutely no problems and the pickups are good for being stock. The tuners are too well put together and almost constantly come out of tune, but that's not something that can't be fixed with some more put on. There is one more thing, the wiring seems to be not put together so well because I know of 3 more people Who own Warlocks with the same problem. But, after all of the above are solved it is great!

The action on this guitar is very good. I can get it like half a milimeter off of the neck without it buzzing. It was very well setup and the pickups are great except for a couple of things. The wiring gave out after a couple of months, there were a couple of loose tuning pegs that had be replaced when I bought it, and the volume knob refused to stop turning a couple of times. But all of this can be fixed very easily. The guitar was made the USA and all of the stock stuff is great. No real problems with the bridge, neck, buzz, or anything.

This guitar is very good for beginners because obviously it looks cool and it plays very well for such a low price. My guitar is a 2006 Warlock Bronze. It has a maple neck, a rosewood fret board, and an agathis body. It has an unusual 24 frets that can achieve a very high sound. I bought my B.C. Rich Warlock about 2 years ago. The first thing about it that got me was it's look. The body of the guitar was very original and it looked cool. But, being the novice and naive guitarist I was then I bought into it not thinking any thing about the sound. When I got it on Christmas morning I was thrilled to have my first electric guitar and the first thing I did was played it. I noticed right away that the G string did not want to stay in tune. It would sound like a car wreck after a couple of chords. The worst part was that it was unpredictable. It would happen just randomly. I would play the guitar the same way and it would still come out of tune. I am not saying it would come out of tune every time I played it just more than I wanted it to. Now for the rest of the stuff. Ok, so the pickups were very well made and assembled onto the guitar. I have had no problem so far with it. As for the wiring there was a big problem there though. When I would plug my guitar into my amp, I would get a very fuzzy sound. It was almost inaudible though. The sound progressively got louder as I played my guitar more and more though the weeks until I could not even hear my guitar any more. So, I took it up to my local music store to get it fixed and very ironically there was a man there that had the exact same guitar. He asked me what the problem with mine was and I told him. Turns out both of our wirings were messed up. So When I got it back it worked fine for the first couple of weeks, but of course. It broke again. I'm not sure if it was the stores fault or the guitar itself. But I took it back 3 more times and finally after a 50 dollar charge, it finally worked long term. I have had no other problems with my Warlock at all.