Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

This guitar does everything I want it to do. It suits my music style (Varied types of metal) perfectly. I'm using no effects at the time, though I did run it through a Washburn Lyon Distortion pedal a while back. I play on a small Marshall MG10 practice amp, and it sounds perfect. Through the clean channel, the amp works as good as ever. Even though it was built for heavier playing, its capibilities on a clean channel are the best for a guitar of it's calibur. And with the destortion, the guitar plays at its best. Solos and lead is what you want with this guitar. it's lead pickup is great for what you need to play, and the rythm pickup works just as well. From blues to the heaviest metal you can think of, this guitar prevails.

I play all types of metal and blues, and this guitar matches that playing style perfectly. It can make all the sounds I need to play my bes. I've been playing for almost 5 years now, and this B.C. Rich was my second guitar, after my Johnson acoustic. That acoustic and this warlock is all I own. And after playing Les Pauls, Expensive Jacksons, ESPs, Gibsons, and Fenders, I would still say that my warlock is more comfortable and easier to play than most of those other guitars I tried out at Guitar Center. I'm pleased with my decision for a new guitar. If this guitar was stolen, I'd probably buy the same model, but with EMG active pickups, I've found EMGs easier to use than stocks. My favorite feature of the Warlock is definately the shape. it's heavy style of playing matches perfectly with it's dark and maniacal look. I didn't compare the warlock to other guitars, because I don't like comparing guitars. My saying is, "if it's a guitar, play it your best." The only thing I wish the Bronze Warlock had, even though it's just because I found that I liked these features better on a guitar over the years, is some EMG active pickups and a Floyd Rose temelo.

Seeing that I have played Live with this guitar, it can and will withstand Live playing. The rugged hard body can take some blows and the neck is pretty hard to bend back too. The hardware on the guitar will last as long as you don't go crazy with your guitar and hit anything extremely hard. The strap buttons are as hard as titanium. I have never had my strap fall off ever since I've had this guitar. I did have a strap break once, while headbanging, but that was probably due to the fact that the strap was given to me by my grandfather and was at least 10 or 15 years old. I've had sweat, dirt, dust, water, and occasionaly screw drivers on this guitar, and none of the paint has come off. All you need is a good washing and the guitar looks good as new. Even when adjusting my neck with a slippery screw driver, even if the screw driver hit the body of my guitar, all it did was put a little endenture in the wood. The paint didn't even come off!

When I first picked up this guitar, I loved it. It's body and neck are comfortable to work with, even though it is an odd shape for a guitar. Besides breaking strings every 4 months or so, nothing is wrong with this guitar. I've owned it for 4 years and have had no problems with it. The plastic top did break off because of a little too much playing around with the guitar. And carelessness of where I put the guitar did put a couple scratches on the body, but the guitar still works. The bridge is easy to adjust to your needs, and if so, the pick-ups are easy to adjust too. The only problem with the guitar, is the 3-way pickup selector can be a bit noisy when switching. But I mostly play lead anyway, so I don't have to switch pickups that much at all.

Manufactured in the U.S. in 2004, my B.C. Rich Warlock (Bronze Series), comes with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard with 24 Jumbo Frets. The neck is bolt-on configured with a B.C. Rich plate. It was manufactured with the Half-Widow Bronze Series headstock, rather than the accustomed Widow headstock. The headstock is sporting die-cast B.C. Rich tuners. The bridge is a B.C. Rich wrap-around adjustible, which is chromed out. This warlock comes with two B.C. Rich stock pickups with a 3-way pickup selector on a beveled top, onyx body made of agathis.

WARLOCK123
    ilovebamboo wrote: Basically i've been very interested in Getting a B.C Rich. I don't have much money to spend and the Bronze series is the only one in my price range. So many people slag them and say there crap, and then others say that they're very good for the price. I think i'll get one and judge for myself, but i'll have to get it from Ebay! I dont trust getting guitars off ebay, but has anyone got some guitars from Ebay and they're ok and Genuine? Thanks.
    i dont have any on ebay. butthey are a decent guitar
    nathraq
    This model is not bad at all. Never had a problem with it; solidly built and sounds great. The only suggestion I would have would be replacing the pups eventually. Besides that, it's really well worth the money.
    ChopSuey19
    I'm in the process of restoring an old B.C. Rich Bronze Series Warlock. I dunno the year, just that its black and it has one space for a humbucker. Anyone have any suggestions for any kind of pickups to put in this thing? I already have a strat, so I'm looking for a guitar/pups that can give me real heavy, growling sound kind of like Black Label Society's rythym parts, but also with a screech like Metallica's early days. Any suggestions for pups?
    tigerking615
    SOUPerman432321 wrote: synyster.punk wrote: bc rich are ugly peices of crap lol thats the best thing ive ever heard BC Rich is on the same level as squier and first act
    No, there's a difference. Squiers ARE entry-level guitars and that's what they're supposed to be. B.C. Riches try to be above entry-level, but they either suck or are overpriced until you get to the 800-ish range and above.
    skiatook
    Hmmm.....i REALLY wanna get this guitar, but it seems the durability is a bit weak.....idk.....