Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: Flores Music

This guitar is great if you are one of those guys whose band does 4 hour sets because it sounds amazing both clean and distorted if you put too much gain on a heavy distortion pedal you might get a little feedback and some unwanted noise. I play all kinds of music from classical to black metal and it fur elise may not be that cool on a Warlock but through on some distortion and a very small amount of delay and you can make any kind of music sound good. Like I said before it has a very full sound and with a sub octave pedal feels like it could rip your face off with a loud enough amp. With the right effects you can go from Steve Vai phaser type sounds all the way to Arch-Enemy type metal and is probably my best sounding guitar out of 9.

It is perfect if you want to show that you mean business when it comes to playing and is very intimidating. I play all kinds of music and it has served me through it all. I've got so much other gear I won't even begin to list it. If I lost it or it was stolen I don't know if I would buy another one I might buy a B\.C\. Rich Mockingbird instead. I love how thin the neck is and even the original neck is thin. I hate that freaking volume knob always coming loose. I didn't compare it to any others besides the Mockingbird because the instant I saw Kerry King's Warlock I immediately wanted one. I'm only 14 but I've been playing since I was 7 and I've owned at least 10 different guitars over that time span and this is probably the best of all. Also, I think EMGs would sound a little better than the stock pickups.

I've been playing it for 5 years and playing Live with it for 2 and the only thing I've had to change on it was occasionally making a new nut for it. The hardware it built to last and the nut will wear down on any guitar so don't really take that into consideration when buying. The strap buttons seem to be a little small so you might want to replaces those with wider or even locking strap buttons to avoid dropping it in the middle of a gig. The finish is gonna last forever but, if you don't use a stand, since this is a rather pointy guitar it might chip the paint if you rest it against a wall or lay it on a flat surface so be careful when putting it down. I would totally only use this guitar for a gig because I think it is amazing and would last the whole gig with out any ware and tear afterwords.

The action was a little high for me but I like my strings to practically sit on the frets so that all depends on how you like your action and if you don't like how the action is set up just take some time and adjust it to your liking and be sure to check the truss rod because B\.C\. Rich has been known to bow their necks down. The pickups were perfect when I bought the guitar so very little adjust was done to them. the bridge routing is perfect and if you don't like it there isn't a whole lot that can be done about it. I have yet to notice any flaws other than that the volume knob tends to come loose if you fiddle with it too much.

It is a 2003 Warlock and it wont fit Tradition warlock specs because I re-built the neck from scratch. 24 amazing jumbo frets that have never failed me, not a single buzz in the 5 years I've had it all sitting on top of a rose wood fingerboard and I don't know the exact width of the nut but it's a lot wider than average. Solid black top made of agathis and the neck is maple but the headstock is the widowmaker headstock instead of the slanted. Traditional Warlock body as one would expect. It has a wrap-around adjustable bridge. 1 volume knob that tends to come lose and spring back if you try and push it beyond 10, 1 tone knob, and a 3 way toggle swtich. Two B\.C\. Rich BDSM humbckers for that very full tone. Diecast tuners which have given me no problems at all although I kind of wish that this guitar had a Floyd Rose so I could add a locking nut because after bending for awhile the strings come out of tune and it's never anything severe but I've had the low E string go to drop D after about an hour of playing.

Zimwibwe
    Agathis Body. Agathis is a fancy way to say plywood.I would never buy a guitar with an agathis body!
    Guarded_mind
    lol anyone who thinks bc rich are kick ass clearly doesn't know PLYWOOD BLOWS if your going to buy a guitar save and get a decent one clearly it cant perform thats why it got a bad review so whos pwned now
    Guarded_mind
    ChopSuey19 wrote: I'm in the process of restoring an old B.C. Rich Bronze Series Warlock. I dunno the year, just that its black and it has one space for a humbucker. Anyone have any suggestions for any kind of pickups to put in this thing? I already have a strat, so I'm looking for a guitar/pups that can give me real heavy, growling sound kind of like Black Label Society's rythym parts, but also with a screech like Metallica's early days. Any suggestions for pups?
    its only got one space for pickups well i would say an emg 85 then because thats what is used for plack label society but i duno weather it can produce the screech that you want and they kill batteries
    Kastöm
    Personally I would really appreciate some more honesty in these reviews. I've tried many a cheap warlock guitar at the shops and all of them have been mediocre to worse. Sure, you may find the guitar wonderful, but I can tell you right now that there's no way anyone who seriously puts some thought into these reviews would give this guitar a 10 out of 10 on all of five aspects. Absolutely no way, the guitar is low priced and has low quality wood, that alone makes it max 9.5 and that's if every other detail on the guitar was absolutely flawless.
    decamel
    I'm going to have to agree with the negative reviews here. I owned one of these ... crap at best. Nice looks, really nice if you the Warlock look. Sadly though, these things do not deserve the name, let alone the rep. You can make some changes though, upgrades the pickups, change the bridge to a better quality part, etc etc etc. In the end though, you going to pay more for the upgrades then you did for the guitar to begin with. Add those costs together and you may as well just get the better guitar to start with.
    MetalManiac_86
    Well if they are gonna use shitty wood, at least cut it into a nice looking shape. umm UGLY. Never liked the warlock;s, thats just MY opinion. More than that though, a cousin of mine had one of these and the only thing it was good for was... wait, it was good for nothing, I forgot.
    Phoenix-Kun
    E V H 5150 wrote: I found perfect value for my guitar, and it's very versatile. I've played one of these warlocks before, and it didn't impress me (my guitar at the time was a Squire strat and a Frontman 15G for an amp). And what's the hype about Les Paul's? Who cares, anyway? It's just an over-priced and over-glorified copy of the Telecaster, though a little disuised.
    Fail The sound of a telecaster versus a Les Paul is completely different. Les Pauls are extremely dense, resulting in a natural added amount of sustain that the strats don't have. I personally think LPs are much more versitile as well. I've seen metal played on a strat, its possible, but not as well as on an LP. Gibson les pauls are overpriced, but thats because of the name gibson, the LP body shape however is ina lot of different company's and is one of the easiest shapes to play with