Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

I play lots of everything, but only use this for thrash/groove metal and while the cleans on this guitar are abysmal, it's distorted tone is great, which is why someone would buy a guitar like this, I use a Crate V33 and Distortion pedal with this guitar and This will push the tubes in the amp to a heavy distortion pretty quick, it's not noisy, andhas a pretty dark tone, This guitar is pretty much good for one thing, Metal but it does it well. Though I'm thining about a Pickup swap to seymour duncans.

I play everything from blues to thrash metal, and this guitar fits the heavier genres well, but not anything that requires less distortion than hard rock, I've been playing for a few yearwsm and I own 4 guitars and a couple amps, I like the look and the bridge pickup in it& the neck is very fast, the neck pickup is terrible however and the bridge is... meh. If this guitar was stolen or lost, I'd probably upgrade to a Jackson RR of somesort like a JS30RR or RR3, It'd be nice if it had a Floyd Rose.

It's a decant sounding guitar as long as tyou make sure not to bang the headstock nto anything and knock it out of tune, and since it's flashy looking and sounds decent for metal, I could see it gigging, but I'd have a backup on hand, the strap buttons are fine, just make sure the screws are tight beforehand the polyurethane finish on this thing wont wear off, but it chips pretty easily.

Since I Bought this used as a beater guitar for metal. The previous owner already had it set up, and the chips were from his using it, this is a one piece guitar with no seperate top, so it can't have been bookmatched, the volume knob was broken, bat other than that, the action was suprisingly good, and all the hardware was pretty solid.

I believe this guitar was made somewhere around 2004-5, Probably in china, It has 24 frets and an Extremely thin neck, something similar to an Ibanez neck, with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard, the body is alder, It has a polyurethane finish n black, which had small chips on the points when I got it, It has the Standard BC Rich warlock shape, which is fairly unique looking and more comfortable than it looks, It has a wraparound bridge that's difficlut to keep the action the right height on since the screws will slip and slide around. Causing the action to lower itself, it has passive, yet fairly high output BC Rich BDSM humbuckers, It has one volume and one tone knob the volume knobs Busted though so it's either all the way, or off. The tuners are BC rich brand non-locking tuners and don't hold tune very well, you'd probably have to tune every 2 days.