Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 4.4 Poor
B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

The style of music I play is heavy metal, and I usually write my own stuff but I will do covers of Metallica, Megadeth, and some Iron Maiden. The guitar works really well for solos because of it having 24 frets. I use it on a Crate FXT30 Amp and I use it with a Line 6 Uber Metal Distortion pedal, and a crybaby wah pedal as well. The sound of the guitar is really messy it does not work well on my amp with my distortion pedal and wah, unfortunately.

As I mentioned before I play heavy metal music and this guitar would match my style if the electronics was a lot better. I have been playing guitar for about 9 years now and I also own an Epiphone Les Paul Standard guitar, and a BC Rich Warlock Bass, and an Ibanez SR305 Bass. If this guitar was stolen I would actually be happy because it takes up space just sitting in my room right now. I chose it because it looked cool, but as they say, never judge a book by it's cover... And finally, I just wish I had got the Les Paul first so I did not waste my time and money!

I would not attempt to play this guitar at a show, period. If my other pickup died I would definetly be screwed. The hardware, strap buttons and the finish on the guitar seems to be fine, it's just the electronics that are really screwed up on it. I would take a Squier Strat up on stage before I even thought about taking my BC Rich on stage with me.

The guitars set up really well, everything was in place and working properly for a while. The only flaws when I bought it was that the strings needed changed but that's because I bought it from guitar center. So no real flaws when I bought it, but now it's having all kinds of problems. The pickup selector needed to get fixed because it would not work at all, and now the neck pickup is dead, luckily I put EMG's on my les paul and now I can put the original pickups from my les paul onto my BC Rich. So if you buy this guitar, be sure to get a new set of pickups eventually.

I have no idea where this guitar was made but I bought it at guitar center about 2 years ago. It has 24 frets rosewood fret board and 2 passive humbucking pickups. The pickups on the guitar are made by BC Rich. There is a 3-way selector for the 2 pickups. There is one volume control knob and one tone control knob.