Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

I play lots of everything,but only use this for thrash/groove metal and while the cleans on this guitar are abysmal, it's distorted tone is great, which is why someone would buy a guitar like this, I use a Crate V33 and Distortion pedal with this guitar and This will push the tubes in the amp to a heavy distortion pretty quick, it's not noisy, andhas a pretty dark tone, This guitar is pretty much good for one thing, Metal but it does it well. Though i'm thining about a Pickup swap to seymour duncans.

I play everything from blues to thrash metal, and this guitar fits the heavier genres well, but not anything that requires less distortion than hard rock, I've been playing for a few yearwsm and I own 4 guitars and a couple amps, I like the look and the bridge pickup in it& the neck is very fast, the neck pickup is terrible however and the bridge is... meh. If this guitar was stolen or lost, I'd probably upgrade to a Jackson RR of somesort like a JS30RR or RR3, It'd be nice if it had a Floyd Rose.

It's a decant sounding guitar as long as tyou make sure not to bang the headstock nto anything and knock it out of tune, and since it's flashy looking and sounds decent for metal, I could see it gigging, but I'd have a backup on hand, the strap buttons are fine, just make sure the screws are tight beforehand the polyurethane finish on this thing wont wear off, but it chips pretty easily.

Since I Bought this used as a beater guitar for metal. The previous owner already had it set up, and the chips were from his using it, this is a one piece guitar with no seperate top, so it can't have been bookmatched, the volume knob was broken, bat other than that, the action was suprisingly good, and all the hardware was pretty solid.

I believe this guitar was made somewhere around 2004-5, Probably in china, It has 24 frets and an Extremely thin neck, something similar to an Ibanez neck, with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard, the body is alder, It has a polyurethane finish n black, which had small chips on the points when I got it, It has the Standard BC Rich warlock shape, which is fairly unique looking and more comfortable than it looks, It has a wraparound bridge that's difficlut to keep the action the right height on since the screws will slip and slide around. Causing the action to lower itself, it has passive, yet fairly high output BC Rich BDSM humbuckers, It has one volume and one tone knob the volume knobs Busted though so it's either all the way, or off the tuners are BC rich brand non-locking tuners and don't hold tune very well, you'd probably have to tune every 2 days.

megadeth45
    Guarded_mind wrote: lol anyone who thinks bc rich are kick ass clearly doesn't know PLYWOOD BLOWS if your going to buy a guitar save and get a decent one clearly it cant perform thats why it got a bad review so whos pwned now
    i love the guitar nd yea agathis does blow...hard lol but still plays great if you set it up right.
    Sigmar123
    I have one from 2006 I think, Black with a white tribal paintjob (Kerry King(of slayer) has one with the same). It has got the "Widow" headstock, unlike most other bronze series warlocks. I replaced the pickups with EMG 81s, but I moved the B.C. Rich B.D.S.M. pickups, that were on it to my epiphone les paul, and the actually sound rather decent, I think. I also lowered the bridge and the pickups, and did a few minor adjustments. I like this guitar very much, and I rated it 9.
    diabolus
    so a year ago I wrote a review on here, and everyone is bitching about body shape, wood, finish chips and who-the-***k-cares superficial shit. It's all about the SOUND! I could say, "My Warlock is still in pristine order", which it is. I wouldn't care if all the paint was gone and that I had to tune it everyday, it sounds great and if adjusted properly has wicked sustain. For the money, really, unless you got a wicked deal on a Jackson or Gibson it can't be beat. People with hardware issues are causing it themselves, learn to care for your shit!
    univave
    I've had 2 BC Rich guitars (1 was a Bronze, the other a V), and I was like "HOW FAST CAN I SELL THIS THING???" on both. I'll take my ESP's and Ibanez's anyday!!!!! BC Rich guitars are WAY overpriced for what you get.
    anthrax1214
    floydman_4140 wrote: ibanezes are way better, even he cheap ones. same with jackson. these arnt bad but go with an ibanez or jackson if your buying and you can get ones that are just as cool looking
    WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Ibanez guitars suck and look like shit(most of them) the most popular ones are the rg/strat shapes. i would know, i have one and it sucks and it is so horrible it has destroyed my faith in Ibanez guitars.