Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I generally play metal, with some rock, punk, etc.. thrown in. It suits my style extremely well, the distortion is nice and crisp, but the cleans are also extremely clear. I usually run it through a Line 6 Spider II, but I have run it through a 15W Crate and a 15W Fender amp, it sounds good on all of them. There is a little feedback when using the cheaper amps, but on the Line 6 when not playing there is dead silence, even with the volume on the guitar and amp turned all the way up. The sound is somewhat limited due to the single pickup, but what you can produce is rather nice for such a well-priced instrument.

As I have said I play mainly metal and this guitar is extremely well suited to it. I've been playing for two and a half years, this is the only electric guitar I own, but I have played several Fenders, Ibanez, Deans, etc... and to tell the truth, most of them are better than this, but they also cost several hundred dollars more. If this guitar were stolen or lost, I would probably get a different model B\.C\. Rich or a Shecter. I love this guitar, the shape is awesome, not everyone has one (like Fenders and Gibsons) and the sound is extremely good for the price. I do however hate the fact that it refuses to stay in tune. I compared this to a few cheap guitars and ended up choosing this one because it looked cooler. I was a noobie with no experience what-so-ever and really had no idea what I was getting, but I can't really complain with my choice, it has stood up relatively well. I do wish this guitar had another pickup and maybe a tone knob and selector switch like the newer models (which are the same price), but other than that I can't really complain.

This is where the Bronze Warlock takes a hit. I'm not exactly gentle on my instruments, but I'm not hard on them. Its taken its share of bumps but nothing too major. The tuners have come a little loose and tend to need adjusting every hour or so. The volume knob became unattached from the body and would just wiggle around inside which had to be repaired. The ground wire also broke and had to be re-soldered to the jack. Also, one time my friend was standing on the cable without my knowledge, I stood up, and the jack came right out of the body. The screws were way too short, so I replace them with some longer screws and have had no problems since, even with stepping on the cable. Also, the finish on the bottom corner is coming off, but this is mainly due to it being banged against a brick floor.

The guitar came fairly well set up, the action was fairly low and I have not changed it at all since I got it two and a half years ago. The pickup was adjusted well, I have not changed that either. There were no aesthetic flaws in the guitar when it came, the tremolo and volume knob worked correctly, though the volume knob was a tad loose.

I have a 2007 Bronze Warlock. I believe it was made in Korea, as are most of B\.C\. Rich guitars. There are 24 jumbo frets with a rosewood fretboard. The neck is bolt on maple and the body is agathis. It obviously has a Warlock style body, as the name says. The hardware is black, a simple tremolo bridge and Standard tuners. The electronics are passive, with only a volume knob (the newer models have a volume knob, tone knob, and a three way selector switch). It came with a gig bag, a strap, some B\.C\. Rich picks, and a cable.

KrikKiller
    If you have the money get a schecter I played a Warlock at Guitar Center and Honestly my 200$ Omen ^ felt, sounded, played better overall. In short Warlocks suck and almost any guitar would be better.
    KrikKiller
    diabolus wrote: so a year ago I wrote a review on here, and everyone is bitching about body shape, wood, finish chips and who-the-***k-cares superficial shit. It's all about the SOUND! I could say, "My Warlock is still in pristine order", which it is. I wouldn't care if all the paint was gone and that I had to tune it everyday, it sounds great and if adjusted properly has wicked sustain. For the money, really, unless you got a wicked deal on a Jackson or Gibson it can't be beat. People with hardware issues are causing it themselves, learn to care for your shit!
    Dude honestly they sound lkike crap and aren't worth what you'd have to pay to fix this.
    Wayne637
    E V H 5150 wrote: And what's the hype about Les Paul's? Who cares, anyway? It's just an over-priced and over-glorified copy of the Telecaster, though a little disuised.
    ummmm. no
    antonvrg
    i love my warlock. i havbe put 2 EMG-81 active humbuckers on it. it sounds great. there a good guitar but you mgiht need to get the frets dressed and neck shaved. i did but i brought mine second hand off ebay. went to have a look at it and played it through my setup before i put a bid on it. i paid &140 AUD
    alexthegreat
    now everyone here is moaning about the warlocks... i own one myself aswell. it was my first electric guitar. i personally love mine but my gain switch and the input are coming loose. do they suck? no... the price you pay for them is NOTHING compared to great guitars such as esp's, fenders and gibsons so the quality cannot be compared aswell. if you want to be a stupid dumb ***hole you start moaning how they suck, but as my firstguitar i loved it.