Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

I play hardcore and punk music where as this guitar is more suited to metal. I play this guitar through a Line 6 Spider III 75W amp and a DigiTech Grunge pedal. My guitar has a bright sound due to me replacing the stock plastic nut with a Tusq nut.

This guitar is a mediocre match to my music style. I have been playing for 3 years starting with this guitar. I would not buy this guitar again if it was stolen. The big thing about this guitar that draws me to it is it's "edgy" body style.

This guitar survives live playing mostly due to the large size of the body. The stock hardware probably will not last which is why I replaced most of it. The strap buttons are not solid which is why I screwed the strap to the body. The finish will last only if the paint does not flake off from dropping it too much.

Everything was poorly set-up when I bought the guitar. There were many flaws which is the reason I gave it to my repairman to fix. He fixed the low E slot on the nut and shaved the edges of the fret wire which were cutting up my fingers.

I bought this guitar as my first guitar. Unfortunately it was made in China. It features 24 jumbo frets on a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. It is made from a solid agathis body which in my opinion is too thick and heavy. The style is very unique and very "BC Rich," which is why I bought it. I bought it with 2 BC Rich passive BDSM pickups, I replaced the bridge with a Seymour Duncan active Blackout and I cut the neck pickup so I could use the selector Switch as a killswitch. The controls are a very simple 3-way selector switch, volume and tone knob. The tuners were BC Rich non-locking stock tuners which I replaced with Grover mini-tuners. I bought a bass Coffin case separately from this guitar.