Bronze Warlock review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock

Purchased from: C.A. House of Music

This guitar is one of the worst-sounding beginner guitars that you could buy at 250 dollars. When played through the beginner amp that came with it (made by B.C. Rich) it plays metal, and that's it. It's pretty noisy for passive pickups, and pinch harmonics are difficult to play.

I play metal, that is what this guitar was made for. My second guitar is an ESP Ltd F-100FM. It was about 30 dollars more expensive, and it sounds 30 times better. My 3rd guitar was an ESP Ltd MH-1000FR. It was an amazing guitar, but the neck was snapped in a recent car accident. I love this guitar's durability. I wouldn't replace it if it was broken. If it was stolen, I would hunt down the person that stole her. I would find the guitar and disembowel them with the headstock for taking my first guitar.

This is the silver lining I see in this guitar. It is extremely durable. I've had it for about 5 or 6 years, and the only thing that has needed changing are the strings. I've dropped it countless times. The tips of the headstock are chipped, and pieces of paint are missing from the bottom corners of the body. I would never use this as a backup for a gig because of how bad it sounds, but if my main guitar was this reliable, I wouldn't need a backup.

The factory set-up was OK. The action was as low as it could go without any fret-buzz. The stock strings were crap. I think I remember the B, G, and E strings breaking when I first tried tuning the guitar: though that may have been my fault. The pickups looked as if they hadn't been adjusted when the guitar was set up. They were at equal heights and very low.

This Guitar was made in 2005 or 2006. It has all the low end B.C. Rich accessories; wrap-around bridge, bolt-on neck, etc. The neck is pretty thick and has 24 XJ frets. I believe the back of the neck has a light finish. I'm being generous with a 4 rating because the action can be set pretty low without much buzz, and 24 frets is a must-have for me. I got this as part of a beginner's package.

anomynoushelper
    I live this guitar. i just bought one the other week and it is epic!!!!! i play it through a 200wat monster amp of my dads. the crunch is amazing and it plays metal as well more mellow stuff beautifuly.