Bronze Warlock Review

manufacturer: B.C. Rich date: 08/25/2015 category: Electric Guitars
B.C. Rich: Bronze Warlock
Agathis Body. Maple Neck. Rosewood Fingerboard. 24 Frets. Chrome Hardware. 2 Pickups.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.9
 14,761
reviews (63) pictures (1) 217 comments vote for this gear:
Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 23, 2005

Purchased from: Spectre Sound

Features: 2004 model BC Rich Warlock Metal Master edition with tribal patterns with a widow headstock. The guitar has 24 jumbo frets with dot inlays. The body is made from agathis and has a black matt finish with tribal patterns. Two BC Rich made humbuckers are featured with a volume pot and a bass pot and a three way Switch. // 6

Sound: Generally for my type of playing it sounds okay. I play mainly metal and hard rock such as AC/DC and Metallica. It sounds good through my Line 6 pod however I find that it does not have any edge to it. The guitar sounds distorted but has no crunch to it. Generally you recreate many famous tones however I would recommend buying better pickups. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up well. Strings had been replaced and the pick ups were dialled in right and there were no damagess to the body. The only problem was that the bridge was set up wrong and the action was very high however after fine tuning it myself I found the action was still very high, so it would cut into your fingers very easiy so I replaced with heavier strings. The guitar looked good from a distance however the finish feels very cheap and the neck had some sort of glue on it which wouldn't come off. It may have been just my guitar but it felt very tacky overall. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I don't think this guitar would stand live palying at all. The body has no chips after the sven months I have had it, howver the widow headstock sucks. It would easily chip and looked terrible. I would never use this in a gig I would be afraid that the headstock would snap of as it seems very flimsy. The strap buttons were pathetic the would just fall off without any extreme playing and the lead jack would keep falling into the guitar body. The worst thing I would say about this guitar was the bridge. To begin with no problems, however when I changed the strings the problem began. The bridge string saddles would literally cut through the strings within a few days of playing. I thought it may be just the string make howver I tried many other strings and it would still cut through them! Even a heavier guage will still be cut in half! I wouldn't recommend this guitar at all in this aspect. If anyone buys this guitar be very careful. // 2

Overall Impression: The guitar sound good for metal and rock and had a good range of tones but felt as if it had no life to the sound. I have played many guitars in the same price range and all are better. If it were stolen I would be glad beacsause I would have the excuse to buy another guitar. I basically hated evreything about it aspecially the bridege as I have said earlier, the only think I like is the tribale patterns on the body. Generally this guiatr feels cheap and very lifeless and tacky, do not buy this guitar its a waste of time! // 4

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 02, 2004

Purchased from: Second Encore Music

Features: My Warlock is a 2003 bronze series. I belive it to be made in China. It has 24 frets. It's got 2 humbuckers like any other Warlock and a fixed bridge. It's black with beautiful chrome hardware. It's got 1 volume, 1 tone, and a 3-way pickup selector, Gibson style. It's made of agathis or something, but I know its different then the 1999 version of this guitar. // 8

Sound: This guitar I half to say is one of the best metal guitars I have ever heard. It has a solid full bodied sound on the bridge pickup, although it does not pickup the sound of each string the way it should, and they can be muffles at times. Harmonics sounds very well on this guitar and even at low tunings keeps a very solid sound. I am using a Randall RG100SC, and i think that this guitar and this randall are the best mix for metal playing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I first bought this guitar, I found it so easy to play. The pickups were adjusted perfecly, bridge pickup raised and the neck pickup was lower, but both were just a perfect distance from the strings. Once I learned more about guitars, I was able to fix the bridge so it was set up perfectly. This gutiar can just hover over the fretboard and have barely any fret buzz, and create a strong resonating sound. The body chips on the corners quite easily, and one of the points on my widow headstock is chipped to crap. It's not visible unless you look hard though. The screws on the input jack stripped in a matter of around 8 months from the purchase date, brand new. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar sucks live playing. I've played 3 gigs and 3 times I've had to borrow a guitar. This warlock is cursed. I have had problems with the volume Switch, the pickup Switch, and the tone Switch as well as the input. I would not be surprised if I have soldered every wire back onto this guitar. I always keep a backup guitar if I'm playing live with this guitar. The nuts on the volume and tone knobs always come loose with turning, and need to be tightened time and time again. The nut was not securely fastened when I bought it and has needed to be refastened 2 or 3 times. the strap buttons are cleverly placed so that they are not seen by people watching, and I don't mind them being on the back. As long as you are not an idiot, you will be able to watch your strap so that it doesn't flip upside down and fall off on you. // 4

Overall Impression: I play metal and thsi gutiar is perfect for acheiving that sound. I have been playing for 10 months and i own a 100 watt randall amp and it sounds great with this amp. I really wish I knew more about guitars before buying this guitar, but the sound was just incredible for the price. If this guitar were stolen I would probably buy a Jackson. I would not buy another BC Rich guitar. I love the tone and playability of this guitar. I had the electrical. More time and effort should have been into that. I love how this guitar is so simple and easy to setup, and is easily adjusted to your comfortbility. I had compared this guitar to a type of Les Paul Copy and one other guitar, but this guitars superior sound and playability drove me towards it. I should have popped open the back first though to see the wiring. I wish this guitar had solid wires, and an unchippable headstock. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: njustice4all, on january 04, 2007

Purchased from: Gutar Center Las Vegas

Features: It was made in 2005 in the US. It has a maple fretboard with 24 jumbo frets. It has a solid top. It's got a Tune-O-Matic bridge I think. This is the warlock body style. it's all chrome hardware. 1 chrome volume contol, 1 chrome tone control, and 1 chrome 3-way selector. The pickups are stock B.C. Rich pickups. The tuners are non-locking, stock B.C. Rich tuners, also chromed out. // 10

Sound: It suits my music style very well. I like: classic rock a, d heavy metal. The sound couldn't be any clearer. I don't use any effects at the moment. But I'm using a 10 watt 'amplee', it's an okay amp mostly for noobs but I'm saving for a half stack. The guitar can make many kick ass sounds. From blues to metal it doesn't matter. It is mostly for heavier playing. The solos sound awesome. The sound is very rich and pure. My amp has a boost button to kick up that heavy metal sound, which I use all the time. It sounds great on any setting. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is set up very well. The pickups are not adjusted at all, and the guitar doesn't need it because it is such high quality. The bridge is just a bit altered for superior kick ass sound. The guitar contains absolutely no flaws. It is the prefect guitar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is built very well and is definetly going to last at least 2 life times. The strap buttons are very solid and stable. My guitar strap stays on for as long as I'm playin. This guiatr is most depenable. You could definetly use it on a gig without a backup, at least that is what I would do. Because these B.C. Riches are very reliable and trustworthy. The finish is great, and it has to be because there is no pick-guard. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a perfect match for my style of music (metal). I love this guitar. It is only my second guitar and I think I'm stickin with B.C. Rich for a while, baceuse they make the best guitars on earth dude. I've been playing for 3 years now and this is best guitar that I have played so far. And I have played a lot of guiars before, but none of them can be compared to this piece of work and history that I own. My first guitar was a crappy Strat look a like made by 'bridgenalt'. But I sold that about a month ago. My Warlock is the only guitar I own currently. It is pretty cheap for such great quality, I payed 199.99+tax. // 9

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 04, 2004

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: Its a pretty good guitar for starters. 24 frets so you can burn up the strings all the way to killer 24th fret screaming. Not too sure about all the wood it's made of but its kinda heavy. So if you are a small guy don't get this. I have mine in a blood red finish that shines in the light. I bought mine a little over a year ago and I just put a Duncan Detonator humbucker in it and it f--king rocks. I have never had any trouble with this guitar. // 10

Sound: It is f--king perfect for my style, which is f--king heavy metal. I have used it on a Marshall MGH100DFX full-stack of my friends and it is f--king crazy. I love the sound it has, especially with my new humbucker in it (I highly suggest the detonator to those metal players) but the original humbuckers are great too. Very very little noise if any at all, really that depends on what you are running it through cause its quiet running it straight no pedals on the Marshall. It is good for alot of playing styles. The friend of mine that has the amp can play alot of different styles and it sounds so great. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I took this guitar right out of the box and played it and it sounded f--ing great. No flaws at all. except after a year I had a tunning peg break but that was my fault and it was replaced by the warrenty. Everything on it has never been readjusted except the bridge because of different tunnings. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Hell yes it will. Hardware will last. Except for that peg I acidently broke. I have yet to have a problem with the strap buttons just my crappy made straps that break on me. Hell with this I have never needed a backup guitar unless I want one with different tunings I use this all the time. // 10

Overall Impression: I play heavy metal and hell yes it fits perfect. I've been playing for 2 years but from all those who have heard me I have the expirience of a player of 6 or 7 years, because I have dedicated my life to guitar and I play all the time. Hell I had never played a Warlock before in my life I just heard they were good and I liked how it looked. Hell I would kill the mutha f--ker who took my Warlock from me especially after it took a month to get it back from being fixed witht he new humbucker. I love everything about it. The weight got to me at first but its nothing now I'm used to it and I have had it strapped on for 5 hours straight before and didnt even get a sore shoulder. My favorite feature about it is its thin neck. Really easy to play on. I love it. I wish it had some Emg's in it but hell I'm happy with what I got. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: SpLiNt3rIzEr, on january 12, 2004

Features: Well, the Bronze Series Warlock is an excellent guitar. It has 24 Frets, and exceptional sound. I bought this guitar used but I still think it's a great guitar even though it was 160 USD off the normal price. // 8

Sound: The Warlock suits many types of music styles. Crank up the distortion for some heavy metal, or play clean and make a blink 182 sound. It does become very noisy if you crank up the distortion a little too much though, it makes a piercing sound sometimes. I love the distortion sound on the Warlock, but the clean sound could have been a little better. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: It has a very nice coat of red or black paint. The paint does chip pretty easily though, but otherwise its very good. The bolt where you insert the amp wire does come off very easily, which could snap some wires inside ( Like mine :-/ ) but just leave it be and it probably won't fall off. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is not amazing nor bad, its just average. Yes, it would hold up in live performances, but it will most likely not last for a long time, I've had mine for about 5 months now, and there has been many problems with it (Broken soundpad, wire snappage). The strap buttons are very solid and your strap should stay on easily. I am not sure if I would use it in a gig without a backup, from what ive seen I have a few problems with it that take quite a while to fix. // 6

Overall Impression: The warlock is a good guitar to buy, its cheap, and effective. I have owned it nearly half a year and it has served me well. However, if you really want a great guitar you should skip past the Warlock for the reasons above. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: ThisCorrosion, on march 15, 2004

Purchased from: Abroad

Features: Nice thin neck makes it easier for the metal heads amongst us to reach faster than light solos. My Warlock has a black finish and looks amazing when it's made all nice and shiny. Although it doesn't have the gorgeous widow head stock of the platinum range it is nevertheless just as scary and metal as an industrial factory. There is none more metal than this pointy evil body shape that looks most menacing in jet black. I've had it since christmas and it appears to stay in tune fairly well. Not always so easy to get a case as it may be with other guitars because of its larger body shape. // 8

Sound: I am first and foremost a heavy metaller and this guitar was built for that kind of music. On normal settings it gives you the perfect metal sound that fits as easily with Metallica as well as Iron Maiden. But with a little distortion, this baby is away and growlling insanly to dirtier sounding metal that could be perfect for death metal, black metal or anything that has a dirty bite. Whether it is your amp that has overdrive (like mine) or any range of pedals, this guitar can handle it. This guitar suits the thrash metal sound I wanted and can easily mould itself to fit several other style including classic rock, lighter metal, nu metal and even some of the heavier types of punk. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Sometimes, it does appear a little fragile around the neck and headstock. Maybe it's just me, but it always seems to need extra care. And the shiny finish, however amazing it looks, chips easy than most I find. But the sound finish is spot on. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've not had the pleasure of using my baby for a gig yet, but despite it's weight I think it can withstand it. The strap buttons are very solid, I am able to laugh at others without worrying if my own strap will fall off. And yes, I would use it at a gig without back-up. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar is my pefect match. I fell in love with it upon sight and that was sealed when I first heard it. It suits metal of all kinds for both sound and looks, it'll hake all your metal friends jealous. It's great for it's price, very much worth it. It would be nice to have a coffin case for it, but, well, we can't have everything. I'd certainly buy another one if anything happened to mine. All I can say is, a must for metal heads. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: EtHaNaT0R, on july 01, 2004

Features: 24 frets, agathis body, maple neck, Rosewood fretboard, dual humbucking pickups, chrome hardware, 3-way selector, volume and tone controls, all of these make up the B\.C\. Rich Bronze Series Warlock, a great starter guitar w/ awsome looks at a low, low price. // 10

Sound: I mostly play rock and metal, but it works for anything you don't need a whammy bar for, it has a sharp tone so it's really meant for metal. I don't have a guitar amp, but it sounds pretty good w/ my gorilla amp and BP50 bass processor. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It came in almost perfect condition, I can't find anything I don't like about it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't ever played live so I wouldn't be able to know, but I would definately consider this guitar reliable, the starp holder-thingies are great, even my worn-out strap wont fall off this beast, I don't mind the fact that the strap thingies are on the back, it just makes it look coller. // 10

Overall Impression: It's a great metal guitar, if I ever lost it, I would buy a new one (granted that I had the money) I wish the guitar center I bought it at had one in stock w/ a widow headstock, but it looks great anyway. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: Dark_Sanity, on august 18, 2004

Purchased from: gear one music (gear1music.com)

Features: - I think it was made in 2002 or 2003 - 24 frets - Agathis body rosewood fingerboard - two humbuckers (three way selecting) - one volume one tone - one piece bridge // 6

Sound: It sounds very good with my DigiTech Metal Master Distortion. You could play speed metal, death metal, even classiic rock if you wanted to. I play it through a 300watt crate combo amp and a stomp box. It has a little bit of a hum to it but a good gate can fix that. The agathis body makes it sound like crap clean, or it might be because the action is soo high. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set up was s--t! Do it yourself! The pickups were adjusted fine but I would replace them if you have the choice. My bridge is off center and the action is SOO high! I lowered them as low as they would go and it's still high! So it's not for solos, it will be after I work on it though. But I just use big strings and tune low. You can't tell the difference. The crome hardware dosen't look that good on the black guitar. // 4

Reliability & Durability: This guitar lasts! it's been dropped, kicked, rained on, and everything else that could happen to it. The hard ware will last but I would replace the bridge and get a 2 piece like on a Les Paul. I like the strap buttons, they are bigger than most of the other B\.C\. Rich guitars I've had. // 10

Overall Impression: I play black/death metal and speed metal with fast solos. So I wouldn't use this on a solo. But it's good to use at home or just messing around, you'll play alot faster on guitars with low action after playing this guitar for 2 or 3 days. If it were stolen I would get a better warlock or a Jackson Rr-3 Flying V. I love the sound and look but I hate the action. I would be pissed if this were stoled though! I waited too long in line to get kerry kind to sign this thing. I don't care if it's not that good of a guitar. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: Darkrunner, on april 28, 2005

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Features: I purchased this guitar from Musician's Friend in 2005. It is the red BC Rich Bronze Warlock. I basically wanted something fairly inexpensive to get back into playing guitar after a long layoff. It is a 2005 red Bronze Warlock, made in China. It has 24 frets on a maple neck/rosewood fretboard and an agathis body. It has a volume, tone and 3-way selector Switch. Pickups are of somewhat poor quality and have a tendency to buzz at times. Included accessories were a fairly cheap guitar cable as well as a allen key for adjustments. // 8

Sound: The sound is good enough for me. I use it through a small Marshall amp for my own personal practice sessions, and it does the job. For gigging I would upgrade the pickups for better sound or, upgrade the guitar. But like I said, it's good enough for me to practice on. As I said before, there is some buzzing at times, and I imagine that it is due to the rather inexpensive pickups it came with. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: After reading the reviews before I purchase this guitar, I was expecting to have to have a guitar tech set it up, but I was pleasantly surprised. It came with clean strings (no rust or dirt), the action was perfect. All it required was a tuning and it was ready to play. All nuts and fittings were snug and no other work was required. Neck was straight and flush. No scratches, marks or flaws. I give it a 5 here because I was expecting to have to do some work on it when it came, but it just needed tuning and was ready to go. Only minor gripe is that the pictue in musican's friend shows the BC Rich logo on the headstock, but it came with a big "Bronze" logo on the headstock, with a small "BC Rich" below that, so everyone can see it's the low end model, but I'm not gigging with it so thats a minor complaint. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It is possible that this guitar could withstand limited live playing. One gripe is that with excessive bending or hard jamming, it requires re-tuning fairly often. As long as you aren't bending up 1 1/2 steps all the time, it should stay in tune fairly decently. The harware seems pretty solid. People have said the finish chips easily, but I've been taking care of it and not abusing it, and the finish is just as nice as when I got it. The strap buttons are in kind of an awkward place on the back of the guitar, but I haven't had any problems with them yet. It seems pretty reliable, other than the tuning issues, but I would never gig without a backup anyways, as you never know when strings will break on any guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: I play rock and classic rock and this is a good practice guitar for that. I have been playing off and on for 10 years, and I'm using this to get back into it seriously. I also own a Marshall amp as well as a Ibanez electric. I like the shape, color and action of this guitar. It is of much better quality than I was expecting from reading reviews. If it were stolen or lost, I would upgrade to the Platinum BC Rich for the better pickups. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 13, 2005

Purchased from: Holiday's Guitar Shop

Features: I purchest the Bronze Worlock with Mick Tompsons style head stock it has a satin black finnish with chrome hardware, featuring 3-way selector Switch, 1 slightly bent volume control and a tone control, it has 24 frets crap looking pearl innlays, it had a maple and rosewood fretboard, my accesories I recieved was a cardboard box to put my guitar in. // 6

Sound: The sound was s--t on my 10watt amp but then I stuck it on my Line 6 Spider 2 112watt and the sound was sick, I use micks and james roots pre-settings called snarl or cheese and then you have some serious sound, but on the down side you get a buzz from the pickups, put some better pickups on and it is ridiculous. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: My one was not that well set up, but my one could be just a one off, the wood is a little too soft I knocked it and a fat chip come of, same with the paint, the flaws were as I explained earlier wonky volume knob a cardboard box and gay looking pearl innlays. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will stand about a whole world tour providing you don't smash it up, my volume Switch looks like it will fall off any minute now but I would depend on it, I deffinatly wouldn't use it without a backup because knowing my luck it would spontaniously explode and set me on fire. The paint work is crap and it chips off too easily and when it does you can see a red layer underneath like as if it was originaly red. // 8

Overall Impression: At the moment I would love some one to steal it so I can buy a PRS like Cradle Of Filth are using, the BC Rich looks great sounds great, feels great but it needs more tone controls and a better pickup plus a thousand way selecter? I would buy it again but I would buy the see through one like glass. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 16, 2005

Features: 24 frets, don't know where it was made or what its made of. It's black with green tribal flame kinda thing and looks awesome! It has a volume knob, tone knob and a three way selector Switch. To wicked humbuckers make this sound awesome, although it would sound better if you changed the pickups. // 8

Sound: I play pretty much everything and I just needed a guitar specifically for metal so I traded in my unused bass and bass amp for this. I play it through a Crate FXT65 sounds awesome. Nice rich upper tones and deep growling tones perfect for metal. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on this guitar was low and unlike my two other guitars and it was just perfect. My others are really high so when I play it pretty much tears my fingers apart. The pickups I've had no problem with but I would suggest getting better ones for the ultimate tone. Really the only bad things were how the neck dips down and the positioning of the strap holders. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I don't know if this guitar would withstad live playing but I would most likely only be a backup guitar since my main guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Studio the finish seems great on mine. Although when I got it somebody got the back all sticky so it took a lot of polish to get that off. // 6

Overall Impression: This guitar is perfect for metal and looks the part. I have been playing a little over three years and I have a Fender Strat and a Gibson Les Paul Studio. If I had the money I wish I could have gotten the Platnium version but for something under $250 it's not bad. If it was stolen I would be very mad but I would save up and buy the Platnuim version. There's nothing I can compare this guitar to as it is very unique. My favorite feature would have to be the body design that looks absolutely wicked. The only thing I wish it had was a flamethrower so I could kill someone with the looks and/or the flamethrower but I don't think they make stock guitars with that feature. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: Death's Pariah, on july 22, 2005

Purchased from: Local Music Center

Sound: Sound is amazing, great for metal, hard rock, punk, whatever. I'm using Peavy Rage 158 and a DOD Death Metal Distortion pedal, and even with that crappy pedal there is very little feedback and sounds very nice. This is my first guitar that I've owned, I learned on a Squire Stratocaster and this thing kicks the shit outta that thing. I'm very impressed with this thing I love it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar was very well set up when I got it, action is a lil high for my taste, I'm thinking of lowering it. Pickups are really nice, haven't needed to adjust or w/e. So far havn't found any flaws aside from teh high action, but I guess some people like that. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think this thing could withstand playing in a hurricane if you take care of it. Hardware looks really solid and everything is nice and tight. Strap buttons prolly wouldn't come off if you bashed them w/a hammer. Personally I think the finnish is really well done and will last a good while, but mine is fairly new. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal and this thing is friggen amazing. I love it. I've been playing a while and I've tried a few other guitars and wasn't nearly as immpressed with them as I am with this beauty. On mine I got the headstock switched out for a BC Rich Beast headstock so now this guitar is the perfect definition of freakin awesome. If this thing got stolen I'd hunt the guy down and tear out his heart with my bare hands nobody is takin this from me. Only thing I really wish this thing had was maybe a 5-way selector. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: the_beastly_one, on july 25, 2005

Purchased from: Bruce Miller's

Features: Japanese model, made in 2002. It has a 24-fret rosewood neck, with an agathis body and a tribal pattern design over a plain black finish. It has a speedloading bridge, and has a 3-way pickup selector, plus one volume and one tone knob. Two humbucker pickups, I'm unsure of the exact model. I was given a pack which included a BC Rich practise amp, BC Rich softcase, a flimsy strap, and a cheap-looking guitar cable. // 6

Sound: I'm open minded on music, but I'm primarily a metalhead. This guitar isn't the best, but I couldn't have asked for more from my first one, it's suited well to the heavily distorted tones I like, for beginner to intermediate kind of standard. I'm playing it nowadays through a Randall RG100 100W transistor amp, and a Hughes and Kettner Warp distortion pedal. I really love this guitar when the treble's cranked up and you saturate it in gain, but it can get very noisy and sometimes notes aren't quite as clear as I'd like them to be, although this is partly due to my other equipment too. The clean tone on this guitar is so-so, tolerable, but it really comes into its own with high distortion/overdrive settings, I wouldn't say it has that much variety, but it's good at the job it's intended for (some really filthy metal tones). // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The setup here was alright, some other reviews have cited problems with the action, but mines seems good enough. The pickups are quite responsive, considering the price I paid for the guitar, but they're definitely not high quality, I wouldn't use it to a play live with those pickups on it. The guitar itself was/is well set up, but the accessories that came with it are of poor quality, and if you buy this pack, I'd advise replacing the gigbag within 6 months to a year, the handles on mine are ripping off now etc. Unless you're requiring the amp, the package isn't really worth it to be honest. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Our band aren't up to the gigging stage yet, but I doubt I'll be using this when it comes, unless I change the pickups at least. Our other guitarist has the Platinum version of this guitar, and there's a distinct difference, his tone has a definite edge over mine. Thinking of buying either a more upmarket BC Rich, or a Jackson model for the next guitar, maybe use this as a backup. I've had a recurring problem with the input jack on this guitar, so that's pissed me off quite a bit too. The strap buttons could take a beating I reckon, so they're not really a problem, but I definitely wouldn't use this without a backup, mainly due to that dodgy input jack. The finish is cheap as hell, and I've knocked off chips of it on all the corners, plus the wood is too soft for my liking, as I've chipped off a bit of the widow headstock, after accidentally hitting it against a wall. // 6

Overall Impression: If you're into metal of any sort (right from the mainstream stuff like Slipknot and Metallica, to the heavier stuff like Decapitated or Unleashed, and most genres in between), and finding your feet as a musician, this is the ideal beginner's guitar for you. I've been playing for about a year and a half now, and this guitar's served me well, although now I feel I'm ready for something a bit more upmarket. Despite the problems with the input jack/paintwork, you're definitely getting much more than you're paying for with this one and you most likely won't regret having it, but only as a first guitar, for more experienced players, it isn't worth it. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 21, 2003

Purchased from: Music Maker

Features: 3 words... Oh My Beep! This is my first electric guitar, and maybe i don't know a whole lot about electric guitars, but wow! I worked for 4 weeks for this beautiful guitar. Its got a beautiful fret board, thin enough and 25 frets long... Its Black... That shiny black that looks real slick when its polished up. Its one of those pointy type guitars that just says "Look at me everybody! Ive a big pointy black rock style guitar!" before you even say hello... The pack comes with a 10 watt amp, leads etc, plecs, strap, bag, the whole shabang!, which I suppose is good for anyone starting off. My tutor told me "I wouldnt reccomend starting off with an electric guitar" but i suppose he overlooked this one... // 8

Sound: Ive a pathetic 10-watt amp, which came with the guitar, but i decided to go to my friends house, and plug it into his brand new 30 watt amp... 2 minutes later, we had the neighbours complaining. Im a bit of a punk rocker myself, and this guitar makes playing the likes of Sum 41, Blink 182 etc a breeze! It makes Hammer ons and Pull offs a dream! Put on some distortion and... W O W!!! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I didn't realy find anything wrong with it in this section, except for the head. The head is quite pointy, and this is bad for 2 reasons. 1. It chips easily. Even in the bag. I suggest a big bag if you are getting this guitar, or, the Hardcase which is available for about 50-60 Euro. 2. When I first gor it, I was in my friends house jamming, his mum called me (Phone call) and i heard a loud "OW! You picece of!!!" and I had just cut my friend's arm pretty bad!!! BE CAREFUL WITH THIS BAD BOY!!! // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is quite a bit heavier than most other Elecs ive played. Even so, ive managed to play a few gigs with it. You get used to it. Just be VERY careful of the head as I explained in the last section. This is extremely reliable though other than that. The strap buttons are very well fitted. The finish is very resistable aswell... My dog cant even touch the finish!!! Although, it does tend to get covered in dirty finger prints easily. I usually keep an oil-cloth in my bag and give it a bit of a wipe before a gig. it makes it look amazing! a bit like those adds on tv for dish-washer where the things sparkle!!! HA HA HA! // 10

Overall Impression: I play punk-rock (eg. Blink 182) and a bit of heavy metal (eg. Metalica). For both genre's, it plays well, and looks the part. I havent been playing too long, but im getting a 30-watt amp this christmas (YAY!) Before buying this, I wish I had asked "Is there anything i can take for loving this too much?" If it were lost, I'd probably save up and get the gold series. They're the exact same, just with crazy designs on them!!!! OOOH! I wish it had its own breakfast-bar (Bye the way, im just going through the questions they suggest for the reviews) I'd like to share my thoughts on how amazing this guitar REALY is...oooh... // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 08, 2004

Purchased from: Music Go Round

Features: Some of the major features that this guitar has that stands out compared to the normal body design 24 frets has a more matalic sound to it about medium weight compared to some other guitars fairly cheep good for a beginner-intermediate guitar and tells everyone about your style or thoughts. // 8

Sound: For this guitar it is better suited for hard-core rock or anything intense to play so it has better sound I also have a 15 watt Peavey amp to start with and I usually like to put alot of distortion on it so it has a more distinct/metalic sound to it so you can play like Rob Zombie or Korn on it with better sound to fit it the sound is actually better than alot other guitars that were more expensive than this or looked like thats but has a diffrent sound to it so that's why I chose this guitar rather than a ore expensive one. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Pretty much this guitar had no flaws at all in it for about 2 years except that the strings go out of tune a little bit easier than some others but it was built very well and I would recommend this to anyone who wants a good quality guitar for there money or just likes the looks of it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar wouldn't really break or warp withen the first 2 or 3 years and would be very good to play on like a concert or anything really this is a verry well built guitar and everything would last on it for at lest 2-3 years and is verry cheep for the components that this guitar uses. // 8

Overall Impression: Over all I think this would be a good guitar to fool around with or be in a band with depending on the style of the band but... if I had the money I would get another one of these guitars and start a band with them and have a good time =) // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 24, 2004

Features: - 24 frets - Rosewood fretboard - 2 humbuckers along with a 3 way Switch - 2 tone knobs and 1 volume pot - HardTail bridge // 6

Sound: This is basically set up like a Les Paul, same configuration. It has a heavier more driven sound. This hhas a warm sound when switched to the middle position, it gets kinda scratchy and isnt very bright when switched to the bridge position. I play country music and southern rock, and saw it as an alternative to a Les Paul. It would be well suited for Metal. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When it was new it looked awesome. But 2 years later the widow headstock has taken a beating, and the corners have some nice chunks taken out of them. You cant really tell unless you look for them. This is an awkward thing to move around with in closed areas. It has a plastic nut which is starting to wear away. It does stay in tune, and once you lower hte action you can really pick on it. The knobs have held well, but the input jack has fallen into the guitar, it was hard to get back out. and b/c of that and the corners, I'm not going to rate it as high. // 4

Reliability & Durability: This is a nice and heavy guitar, definitely sturdy, weighs about as much as my Telecaster. I gigged with it twice a week last year, but laid it down on the stand when i bought my Strat and Tele. I definitely would rely on it w/o a backup, but I like playing other guitars during a gig. It has withstood a lot of abuse from traveling and from hitting walls. // 8

Overall Impression: I typically wouldnt have picked it out for country music, but it has a nice humbucking sound, it also has a unique shape that definitley grabs attention. The headstock is dangerous, i have cut my arm on it before, it is overall a good guitar. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 04, 2004

Purchased from: musiciansfriend.com

Features: This guitar is one hard rockin metallic powerhouse! It has the spiky death look, a pointy head (perfect for stabbin eyes out)and is the lightest guitar I have ever used. It has 24 frets, perfect for those high solo notes. The only problem I have noticed is the difficulty of inding a gig bag. This guitar is a bit larger then others, but I can deal with that! // 10

Sound: This guitar is perfect for my punk/metal playing style. I'm usin a 30watt Marshall amp with it, and with or without distortion, it has a very rich sound. My friend said the sound is almost as good as his Les Paul! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well, it may have just been the company I ordered from, but there was a lot of tuning up I had to do on it before I played. The strings had rust on them, the input had fallen into the guitar, and their was quite a few chips out of the edges. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I've havent used this guitar at a gig yet, but I'm, agine it would hold up very well. The hardware is on there pretty good, and the strap buttons are great compared to my last few guitars. The finish on it ispretty average, and probable wont wear off for a good year or two. If i ever played in a gig though, I would probably bring a backup, just to be safe. // 10

Overall Impression: The only other thing to say is this - this guitar is awesome! // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 16, 2004

Purchased from: Squid

Features: Awsome. Features: 24 frets awsome for solos, came with gig bag (that sucked ass) came with amp (10 watt not many features on it, bright red) 1 volume, 1 tone control, 2 pick up, 3way pickup switcher, tuners are good but my high e slips alot. // 10

Sound: I play heavy metal and punk rock this guitar is perfect even for light chord working it rules and it can get really dirty and real hard it rules! Great variety of sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action is by far perfect, the back pick up is higher than the front (perfect cuz I play lead guitar) finish was beautiful, but it chips way too easily at the corners (I'v only chipped one though) light scratches but it was beatiful when I first got it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Very reliable no warping at all (none) and I got it from an open display (used by customers) paint chips easy though so get a hard case and keep it in there and it will be perfect, get strap lockers or your guitar will die it will slip and hit the ground and that would suck. Very good for live playing (but the high e has to be retuned evey once an a while) don't bang it into things (not that you'd want to do such a thing with such a beautiful guitar). // 8

Overall Impression: Over all perfection beond belief (exect it chips), perfect for metal and punk and hard rock, if it was stonel I would kill them with the guitar and then buy a new one. I wish I could get the paint re-done then I would be more carfull prefection. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: Cyrus-602, on june 23, 2004

Features: The bronze series warlock has 24 frets, dual humbucker pickups, 3-way selector, Floyd rose floating bridge, 1 volume/1 tone controls and mines got a Widow headstock (costs a bit more but the looks are worth it). The body and neck are maple. // 8

Sound: BC Rich make metal guitars. If you play punk our rock it will still sound good if you set it up right but its definatlya metal guitar. The dual humbuckers give it a great sound, it can scream or moan depending on which pichup your using and even with full distortion it dosent over fuzz or give to much feedback. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar looks amazing and it plays just as well, when I got mine it was set up fine i havent mucked around with the pick ups at all. All the knobs have stayed on as long as you dont take them off very often. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Id play this guitar any where, with aggod bag and stand this guitar will last for years, because of its shape it is more likely to chip but its kept together very well so far and iv never had any problems with it. // 10

Overall Impression: Playing this guitar is great, it flows really well with your body and but is weighty so you feel like your actuly playing something made of MDF with strings attached (or a Squier). The best bit is it looks amazing, there are other guitars i considered instead of this but the looks win everytime. I've had it for 6 months and its my second guitar and so far iv had no problems and it still sounds just as good evertime you play it. Buy 1! // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 28, 2004

Features: The Bronze Series Warlock is like the Squire of B\.C\. Rich. An Agathis body makes it feel light and very cheap. It's got two standard humbuckers, 1 volume, 1 tone, and a 3 way pickup selector Switch. The strap pegs are on the back of the guitar which is annoying to me cause it messes up your strap. // 4

Sound: This is definatly a metal guitar. The bridge pickup is warm and punchy and thats really the only reason that I bought it. The neck pickup sounds a bit too mooshy. The good thing with it is that it doesnt make too much extra noise like feedback and buzzing which is a good thing. I use a Crate stack with it and so far I've used it once live, and it sounded alright I guess. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set-up sucked ass. The pickups were in the body, the neck was warped, the bridge was too low so the strings were practically on the neck, and the annotation was way off. There was no dings and/or scratches at the time of purchase. But after I bought it I took it home and made everything as good as I can get it. The thing is is that it feels really cheap, it's like playing a really cheap guitar. maybe it's because I'm used to my 40th annirversery Strat, or les Paul I don't know but I do not like to play it because it feels very "cheap". // 4

Reliability & Durability: The shape of this guitar was cool untill I chipped the living hell out of it. I also have to adjust the pickups a lot cuz they seem to like to fall into the guitar alot. No, I wouldn't be using it in a gig to begin with, and I can't sell it cause no one wants it. // 4

Overall Impression: I never should have bought this guitar, waste of 150$. The only good thing about it is the tone I get out of the bridge pickup. I walk into my studio everyday hoping to find it missing so I have an excuse to buy a different guitar, but it's always there on it's stand, taking up space and collecting dust. // 2

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 20, 2004

Purchased from: Guitarworks

Features: It's a 2004 model, with 24 frets, good solid body, very easy to just pickup and play with. I love the style of this guitar and its the sound (I'm a metal head) that got me in the door, All that aside, mines a little different from everyone elses, I dont have 2 dual hummbuckers, I only have 1 and the reason for the increased cost was they tuned it perfectly and had it ready to go when I bought it. // 8

Sound: Its great for any form of heavy metal or hard rock. It loves distrotion yet it does have a good bit of hum when you kick the gains way up. I was playing it on a BC Rich 25watt pratice mini amp with distortion effects. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Well, I don't know how it came from the factory, I heard it was bad, but when I got it all the issues had been fixed, I love the way they have this thing designed with the bridge adjustiable and the neck fixed, and It was in perfect condition when I got it. Paint seams of very good quality and the neck is very solid. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I think it'll hold up to anything you wana do to it. Only think I could see is paint chipping off. It could take live playing but I wouldn't advise it unless you're not a monster insaniac. The guitar as I said before seams to be very solid pice and it should last as long as you take good care of it. The strap buttons are some of the most solid I've ever seen. And it's very reliable. // 6

Overall Impression: I have to say, this is the funniest, best sounding, low prices guitar I've ever seen. With a price like this, you should not pass this up. The only thing I could have wanted would have been dual hummbuckere, and if it got stolen or lost I would buy a dual hummbucker model. Only major thing I dislike about it is. It looks as if the neck toper isnt part of the neck, Just sloted and glued on. If you compair this with a Squire Telecaster price to price. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: etherealprince, on september 21, 2004

Features: - Made in 2002 - 24 Frets - 2 Humbuckers - Agathis body w/ rosewood fretboard - Floating bridge - 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 3 Way Selector // 6

Sound: I play mostly metal and some rock. I play this through a Marshall 15CD Practice amp and the sound I can get is not bad at all. Although it does put out alot of hum on high levels. Once I put this through my Boss GT-6, it sounded absolutely sweet, you wouldn't know it was such a cheap guitar. This guitar is pretty much only for the heavier types of music, it's no good for punk and other types. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came set up pretty well straight from the store. The action was perfect for my tastes but the bridge pickup was a little high, but easily adjusted. Straight from the store, this guitar had no noticeable flaws. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've owned this guitar for about 8 months now and it has taken a beating. The strap buttons are solid as a rock and I've never had a problem with them. The finish is also very tough, although it could not withstand a bit of concrete, but what can? About a week ago I started having volume knob problems, the knob got very loose and I kept losing sound. I looked inside and 2 of the solder points to the volume knob had separated. This could be a result of the major beating it has taken but I would only use this as an emergency backup at a gig. Otherwise it is a tough guitar. // 6

Overall Impression: I play metal and have been playing for a little over a year, and BC Rich guitars are perfect for my tastes. This has been agreat first real guitar and has stood up to some tough times. If this were stolen or lost, I probably would replace it just to have an axe I can just beat the hell out of due to its low price. This guitar sounds ok going straight through an amp, and through my Boss GT-6 Multi-FX, you are ready to shred! // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: CandyCaneChild1, on november 20, 2004

Purchased from: online

Features: The features on this guitar are so-so throughout, except for a few which really stand out. The pickups are nice, and the tuning pegs and knobs really do their job well. The only thing really wrong with it was that within a couple of months, the input-jack came loose and I had to re-saulder it. No biggie. However, its really heavy so be prepared to get a work out when jamming. The little amp is good for practice and on full blast puts out a good amound of noise, but get a better strap and gig bag. // 8

Sound: The pickups, like I said, really do their job well. Most people would think that this guitar is purely meant for "metal," but it can really do anything. They aren't pheonominal, but they are above average. Kudos to BC Rich for the great pickups. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The way the guitar was set-up was nice, but I lowered the bridge to get more of a "buzzy" tone to the distortion. Otherwise, the action was pretty standard. The actual body, neck and headstock of the guitar, though, ding and dent easily. Dont jam too hard with this baby, it will show up. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is definitely dependant enough for a live perfomance. The body is black, so any dings and fingerprints wount show up too badly. I've never really had a problem with the strap buttons, but you may want to get a better strap. The given one sucks. I would definitely bring a back-up to a show, but thats not saying anything because I would bring a back-up regaurdless of the guitar. This is a very "worth-it" guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: The overall impression of this guitar is great. It will make you look good, because its design. I play all styles of rock, and the way it makes me sound improves the performance. It will work great through professional style amps and pedals, but I just wish the body didn't ding so easily. I currently own a LP Special II, but this guitar improved my playing and ability. If someone stole it, I would find them and show them what for! // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: kirk_rules!, on february 01, 2005

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

Features: The guitar had 24 frets. Some double coil pickups that said BC Rich on them so I don't know what kind they were. Basswood body (insane-looking by the way). The bridge made the strings really far away from the body. Like probably close to an inch or so. It felt different at first. I bought the package so it included a gig bag, strap, cable, tools, and some pics and stuff. // 6

Sound: It sounded ok. I don't applaud it because it doesn't deserve applause. I mean, it sounded ok. I play Metallica, Megadeth, Sabbath, Maiden, stuff like that. This guitar's shape fit the style perfect. It was wicked looking, but when I played it, it was like my heart sank because it looked so cool and I couldn't wait to play it and it really didn't sound amazing. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was fine from the magazine I bought it from. No flaws or anything. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is about as durable as any other guitar I guess. I mean it took a few bumps and bruises through its experience with me, but it came out ok. (I think) I would definately bring a backup with me to a gig because of the way the bridge is setup. The strings don't break, but the 5th and 6th strings "uncoil" around the center spindle. // 8

Overall Impression: Like I said before, I play metal, and this guitar looks awesome when you're playing a fast, heavy song, but I wasn't impressed much with the sound. (That's what you buy a guitar for right). If I lost this guitar, I would not buy a new one of the same kind. If you want a sick looking guitar that sounds great, spend the extra 200 bucks and buy the Kerry King Signature model. (I wish I would have). // 6

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: Gunshot247, on april 16, 2005

Purchased from: Music123.com

Sound: I play all kinds of music including metal, heavy metal, rock, alternative, '70s-'90s rock and this guitar fits in anywhere. Although the body style may seem "metal" looking this guitar is really great tone. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up pretty good in the factory. The action on the guitar was absolutly wonderful (high). I have a 600$ Jackson/Dean/Ibanez and I play on this guitar more than I play on those. The pickups were ajusted just fine. The bridge was fixed up for the setting it was ment for. The guitar contained no flaws. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can withstand live playing as seem by professional guitarist. I only had one problem with this guitar (the input wire came off) - that is a 20$ fix. The strap buttons are solid. I can depend on it. I could use this guitar without a backup and not worry about it but I wouldn't use it without a backup. Neither would I use a Les Paul Black Beauty 3000$ guitar without a backup. This finish is wonderful. They coated it very heavily. More heavier than my Randy Rhoads. This guitar is 3 years old that I have now and it has only few scratches on it for my randy rhoads has excesive dings and scratches on it. 1) Randy Rhoads RR3 cost more. 2) I got it 1 year after this guitar and barely play it although the RR3 is exellent in my opinon. // 10

Overall Impression: When I first got this guitar I was a beginner. I will be honest. I got this guitar the way it looks. Crazy but I have developed radically over 3 years to find that this guitar plays better than others. I have a RR3, Dean and a Ibanez AG85 (all worth 600$++) and this guitar is still chosen to play on. The price is wonderful for this quality. I began as a guitarist on this guitar and I will finish as one. Although the body is crazy looking, dont let that full you. My friend who loves his acoustic and like nirvana and other grunge bands says, "If this guitar was in the form of a Ibanex RG body I would get it, the tone and clarity is awesome." But now I don't care how guitars look I get it because of the sound. You wont be dissapointed if you start out on this guitar! // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 18, 2005

Sound: I play mostly metal type music. Lots of different effects thru an old Zoom pedal and an old Carvin tube amp. I can honestly say that it plays great through any of these effects, even clean (not that I play it often) it makes a lot of noise through a flanger, but otherwise not too much noise. You could probably stand to replace the pickups, but assuming you bought this as a beginning guitar, you'll find they're more than adequate. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was really f--king high on this guitar. Anyone used to playing a Jackson or some other low action guitar will probably have to make some adjustments. This was my first electric, and actually had a lower action than the acoustic I learned on, so I was fine with the action. The pickups were set perfectly. All the hardware has lasted overtime, and in 4 years, I've only made one minor bridge adjustment. I've had people who've been playing years longer than me on $700 guitars tell me it plays great. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal in my band, but I experiment freely in my spare time with all kinds of effects, and it's versatile enough to match any style pretty well. Based on the looks and the sharp tone, I'd reccomend it for metal over anything else, but anyone can play this guitar and love it. I love the action, the looks, and the fact that it stays playable as I get better. I also play a pretty nice Jackson, but I don't like the lower action or the fact that it has fewer frets. If this were lost or stolen, I would try and find the exact same guitar. I wouldn't try and upgrade at all (even if I had the money), as the high end models all use floyd rose tremolos, which are notorious pains in my ass. I do wish it had a trem, but I'm not into the floyd rose at all, so I've kept it the same. Beginner, or advanced on a budget, buy this guitar, now! // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 16, 2005

Features: This guitar is the lowest of the low. Most Bronze series have two pickups, tone and volume control, and a selector. Mine has one pickup, and one volume control. I only paid about 150-200 for it, and it came with a 10 watt amp. This thing doesn't have too much to it, but I still love it to death! It sounds better than all of my friends guitars, and they paid around 300-500 for their guitars. After playing this guitar, I will only play B Rich and maybe a Dean. This guitar has chipped like hell and the pickup is a piece of crap (but I'm about to replace it). // 6

Sound: The sound is amazing, actually. The pickup does hum and scream from time to time, but it still sounds good. It's really fast playing and it mutes really good too. BC Rich is made for what I play, metal. It has a really full, deep sound to it. Really heavy! It can do your highs, and your low crunchy stuff. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was perfect when I picked it up. I haven't had to make any adjustments so far. The only thing I'm going to do is replace the pickup. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definetaly withstand live playing. Everything is good on this guitar, even though it's a Bronze series. I wouldn't give a crap about the finish wearing away, because it's made for metal! It's not supposed to look shiny and pretty. If you play heavy, it's going to look heavy. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is a perfect match for me. It's all about metal. I've only been playing for about 3 years, and I've had it for two. If this guitar was stolen I'd find the person who stole it and steal it back. I love this thing, and I'm going to have it for the rest of my life. I love the way it looks, the way it sounds, the way it plays, just everything man. I might replace the headstock and neck with a widow headstock though. I guess all I have to say is if you play metal, BC Rich is the brand for you. These guitars are amazing, you will not be dissappointed. Go out and get one, plug it in, and just rip it man! // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: 666slayer666, on may 26, 2005

Features: I don't know what year it was made but it was made in Japan. It has 24 jumbo frets, the neck is rosewood, the body style is a Warlock. It's like an X, it's cool because it looks like a weapon and it has a kick ass reputation. The brige is weird because you have to like slide it through the bottom of the bridge which you have little space because of the pickups. I wish it atleast had a "Chafamax" wammy bar. The one that I got was the 1 with only 1 volume control I wish it had 2 more. The pickups are humbuckers. The tunners are normal, the ones that get untuned fast wat I like is that they look like studs. It came with a 10 watt amp, picks, gig bag, a kick ass BC Rich strap that always slides off, a crapy ass cable. An L-tool 2 sets of strings on the guitar and a seperate one. // 6

Sound: The guitar with the amp it comes with its not that bad even though it whisles alot with the overdrive but is't good to play what I play wich is thrash/death metal because there is hardly a moment of silence in that music you can't really hear it whisle. Now I blew the amp speaker and now I'm using it on a Pylepro 30 watt amp it doesn't whisle much but with effects like the Metal Master, it still doesn't screech but it kinda hums with the death metal stomp box omg it sounds freking werd its "sofa king" screechy and loud by the way the pedals are digitech. But overall it's good its really a metal machine. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is noisy. The pickups are crap I took it to the shop to repair the pickups but I didn't really have any thing really wrong with it I didn't have to agust anything (exept that I had to tune it). The headstock is cool, it's like a Tom Araya bass headstock. The paint color is black, it's kinda like the paint just chiped off at the bottom after 2 years I had it but again I only took it to repair one time I've been doing 2 gigs with this guitar sofar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Yes this guitar would last after you fix the pickups but this guitar would last you a good long "deadly" time. On gigs or live playing I always have a NJ Warlock with speedloader I will comment the NJ Warlock at the bottom. This guitar's paint is good. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is the perfect mack to play thrash and death metal but it has a high ass tone to play thrash but that doesent realy matter with the Metal Master DigiTech pedal. I've been playing for 6 years. I also own an NJ Warlock with speedloader (speedloader suck, I preffer a floidrose atleast it will have tuners). I wish I would have tested it before I bought it but I'm just saying that because I couldn't wait to play it. If it were lost or stolen I wil haunt the s--t out of whoever stole it and I wouldn't guy a new one because I garrante you I will get it back. I use this guitar with a Pylepro 30 watt amp and a 200 watt Marshall half stack for live gigs. I use a Death Metal and Metalmaster DigiTech pedals. I wish it had a floid rose. But overall this guitar is kickass. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: Maverick77, on september 23, 2005

Purchased from: Music Store Owner/Friend

Sound: This guitar has a powerful sound to it. Many of my students have it and it is much louder for some reason compared to anything else. I accredit it to the pickups being raised so high, which are adjustable by the way. Nice sound on both the warm and bassier setting, but not as rich as I expected. I think I would rather adjust the pickups lower so it isnt as powerful. Maybe I'd get a better tone from it then. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was perfect, as I mentioned before, the pickups were too high from the factoy. The 24 fret bridge and matched top fit perfectly. Nothing too big, but the inlays were off-centered. The fretboard was a little rough from what I was used to. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The way the starp locks were positioned it was hard to keep the long neck rom falling when standing up. The finish looks good enough to last, as well as the rest of the peice. I wouldn't worry too much about a backup on stage. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar is a mean looking one. It is perfect for metal and rock guitarists. Espicially with the widower headstock, I've gotten plenty of complements about how bad-ass it looks. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 16, 2005

Purchased from: eBay

Features: Well, I happen to be a lucky owner of a Bronze Warlock with a widow headstock. It has a volume and bass control and a 3-way Switch. And of coarse, like all great Warlocks, it's black! With 24 frets its amazing to rip on! But I do wish it had a little something more, not sure what though. By the way, get a coffin case when you get one! You need it! // 9

Sound: This baby can do anything! I'm a huge heavy metal/death metal head. I mess shit up when in the mood, and this guitar fits those maniacs that create the emotion I play off of. Ok if you understood one word of that congradulations, ur a genius. But any ways the sound it amazing! It's a crisp, rich sound that this monster creates. From classical to the craziest shit ever this Warlock will delight you with the sound. So far I've only used my tiny crap of an amp and it still sounds beautiful. I have never had a bad harp come off of this thing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well I bought this used so I cant say how it came new, but it seems the same sound is coming out. Action s great. The fitting could be better. Its a little hard to sit and play some times cust may cut into your thigh or slide (but I depends on your body type. I kinda fat). And for the hardcore girls (which I am one which huge boobs, not fun while playing guitar) the saddle fits breasts perfact! So don't worrie there. Sorry just had to tell you since I cant play most guitars because of my curse. Oh and it chips and scratches really easy so take care of it. And the head it fragile too so dont hit it against anything hard cus it will cause damage. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have never played a gig ('cause I suck). But if I did I think it would hold up very well. I see no problems. The strap bottons are very solid and I would not bring a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: Greatest guitar I have ever seen/played. When I first saw one of these guitars, I was attached to the computer to fidding the perfact one. If it was stolen, I would first hunt down the person, kill them, get my guitar back, then buy another one for a present for myself because of the trauma of losing my love. they are beautiful music, looks, and personality wise. I love showing it off because of the gasps and whispers I hear behind my back about it! Go buy one now! Actually dont because I want to be idevidual and have the best one so poo on you! // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 30, 2006

Purchased from: Music 123

Features: These are very well made, low priced guitars that amaze me they play so well. This quitar comes black or red, I own both and they both look great. The neck and fretboard are extreamly comfortable and easy to play, they feel like a Strat with an unfinished neck. The products this guitar is made out of really doesn't matter (it's a cheap guitar) but everythig feels solid and everything works. // 10

Sound: I play a wide variety of music and I have the equipment to make any guitar sound great. What I like about this guitar is the overall vibe I get when I play, I am really impressed. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I had to adjust my both of my guitars when I got them - fret buzz. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Both of my guitars I have played live and have not had any problems. I would not play a gig without a backup. I have owned these guitars for over 1 year and I leave them out for company to play when they come over or for me to grab when I don't feel like playing my more expensive guitars. Anyone is allowed to play them adults/kids so they are not always handled as carefully as I would handle them and yet they have held up great. I do have a ding on one of the V tips. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all types of music and I find this guitar to work for me. If I play in public I would use this guitar for hard rock/metal and my tamer looking, higher quality sounding Les Pauls for everything else. I have been playing for 8 years and I own 9 guitars, 8 electric and 1 acoustic. I wish there was a $1000.00 top of the line version of this model for us to move up to. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: wings4marie, on may 17, 2006

Features: The 2005 Bronze Warlock is a big improvement compared to the previous models. 24 rosewood frets on a maple neck. Beautiful polished finish. Its the image of devil horns, making it the perfect metal guitar. Pretty basic, volume, tone, 3-way selector. One dual humbucker and a clean, beautiful sounding neck pickup. It has room for more pickups though, which would be nice. // 8

Sound: The humbucker sounds great with some light distortion on top. With no effects, this guitar is good for some soft metal solos and some clean rhythm stuff. Its really good for metal, which is what I mainly play. It sound on the neck pickup is beautiful, and the humbucker is great as well. Harmonics sound amazing on this guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Um, not much to say here. Most of it is assembled by machine, but my neck is put on a little crooked, so it feels a little weird compared to another Warlock. Everything else is perfect. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can survive the next World War. It is a rock compared to other guitars with similar shapes that I own. The hardware is standing fine, but the paint chips off kinda easy. I have a couple spots where the wood is showing through. But that's from being in a cramped lesson room. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a perfect guitar for newbies listening to Metallica, Slayer, or Tool. I've been playing for a couple years now, and this guitar has been held together pretty good considering how much I play (3-4 hours everyday). I would've probably asked where I could buy touch-up paint before I bought it. And if anybody tried to steal, I'd stab them with it, its like a knife. Compared to my other guitars, it is the most durable and sounds the best with distortion. // 9

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: MeatSandwich55, on july 17, 2006

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Sound: I play a lot of differant genres of music. It didn't sound as good in some genres as it did in others. It has a beautiful clean sound with a little chorus, and it does sound great with heavy distortion. But anywhere in between it isn't as good. If you are into pure metal and noting else this would be a great guitar for you. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar needed a few things out of the box. The action was a little high for my taste so I lowered that. The intonation was a little off so I had to change that a little. Of course I had to tune it when it got here. as for the finish, it was perfect. It didn't have any blemishes or loose knobs, or anything like that. The nut was not filled right though. Other then that it was perfect. // 5

Reliability & Durability: The guitar has taken a beating through our live gigs. I take it to gigs so I don't have to use my Jackson on stage. It has held together preatty well though. The only thing That has ben damaged is the finish. And that is becouse I am pretty hard on my equiptment. The hardware is really stable. The stap has never slipped off so I trust the strap buttons. I really depend on this guitar to get me through my gigs. I use it as a main on stage and a backup when were recording. And as I said I am very demanding and Rough with my equiptment so the finish looks pretty warn now. If you are a little more carefull than I am it should last you a really long time. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said before I play a lot of differant types of music so I use a bunch of differant guitars for each sound. This one has been a mach for most of my music. I have been playing for a little under 6 years now so I have tried a lot of differant of guitars. I use it with a DOD Grunge Distortion pedal, a Fender Blues Deluxe amp. My other guitars include a Jackson Dinky DK2, a Fender Mexican Stratocaster, a Davidson Les Paul. If the guitar was stolen I would be lost without it. I would have to replace it with the same thing. I love the tone, the durability, the look, the waight, and the feeling of the guitar. The only thing I wish it had was EMG 81 pickups, and a floyd rose trem. I am so glad I didn't buy the Jackson Kelly instead of this guitar. If you want a stable great sounding guitar, go for this. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: decky1990, on july 29, 2006

Purchased from: Matchetts Music Belfast

Features: I got this guitar in December 2003 as a Christmas present and I still have and play it to this day. I think it was made in Korea or China or somewhere like that. I have a tendency to take stickers off. It has 24 frets just the way I like it and has a glossy black finish with delightful chrome hardware. Agathis body (never heard of that type of wood in my life) and maple neck with the special "balls-holder" headstock. It has one volume and one tone control with a 3 way selector to Switch between the neck and/or brigde humbuckers. The store man even threw in a Laney HCM30 to sweeten the deal! // 9

Sound: I play a lot of instrumental/metal music and this guitar definitely looks the deal but sometimes looks can be deceiving. It was my first electric guitar and didn't really care how it sounded but over time I have been trying to make my guitar sound like other artists such as Vai and Satriani but this guitar can't compete with their outrageous tone and clarity. I play a few live gigs now an then and there are two major problems with the sound of this guitar; treble and feedback as they both go hand in hand. When playing lead breaks my treble notes are smothered by my friends amp and mine is turned up louder than his! But when I try to turn up the treble EQ past 3 or 4 my guitar screeches uncontrollably. Nevertheless I would suggest this guitar if you play mostly rhythm as it sounds great with the bassy notes and mids and are very distinguisable when palm-muting. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory setup was great it didn't need much adjustment apart from lowering the action as it was very very high, which may be good for tapping and pull-offs is too high for my liking. But when you lower the action too much you get a lot of fret buzz on the lower notes but I think that it is because my neck is slightly warped. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has definitely withstanded live gigging. I've smashed it off stair railings right before gigs and it was still fit for playing. During a solo in a live gig my high E lost grip and completely detuned but it was a Brand New string so I don't know whether to blame it on the guitar or not. I have had a few problems with the jack electronics and have had to resolder the connectors on two seperate occasions. I'v played it without a backup because I don't have any other guitars but soon I hope to get a Ibanez RG350DX with paf pro neck and dimarzio evolution bridge pickups so then my warlock can be there when it fails or I needa downtune and don't have any allen keys with me. I has a few bits of paint missing around the main edges but thats probably because I leave it at my ass once I've stopped playing. // 6

Overall Impression: I play instrumental/metal but I think it suits metal more although I would prefer intrumental now a days. I've been playing for around 3 years this Christmas. I only have this and my HCM30 so I wouldn't say I have the best or biggest variety of equipment. If it were stolen I'd hope the robber would trip and impale himself while running away with it. Mostly I love the shape and the ease to play but I wish it had some new pickups (paf pros and Diarzio evolutions) and a double locking tremolo so I could possibly expand my playing style a bit more. Overall great beginner guitar or advanced rhythm players but I would suggest looking elsewhere if your looking for a guitar with more extreme lead capabilites. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: subzero3009, on september 05, 2006

Purchased from: ZZSounds

Features: I really liked it when I first got it. I still do. It has an amazingly easy to play fretboard, very easy to play basically any type of music. The finish is pretty good. Has 24 frets, 2 humbuckers (changed them to seymour duncans tho), Diecast tuners, and a rosewood fingerboard. // 10

Sound: This guitar really works with my musical style which has a lot of styles. Blues, Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, basically all types of metal, Neo-Classical, and other things of that sort. I basically can get really good sound and very amazing feel out of this guitar. I've been playing 3 years now. It has a very rich full sound now, just get your amp settin right and it sounds amazing all the time. It has the best sound of any guitar and I've played almost every guitar out there. Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, other BC Rich guitars, ect. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Amazing action. I had to raise the bridge pickup after I had it installed from my guitar mechanic or whatever you call them. They were very easy to adjust, absolutely no problem what so ever. There are really no problems with this at all. The bridge is very nice on it. Frets are very easy to fit your fingers on and solo with. The tuning pegs aren't loose at all and keep in tune pretty well. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've played a lot of times live, and in the studio. Amazing quality especially during solos. Scales, sweep, all of that is extremely easy on this guitar. You just flow right through it without even thinking bout anything. Your hands basically just are part of the guitar as soon as you grab it. The finish is nice on it doesnt't wear at all so far. Strap stays on really well also. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all kinds of music like I said before. Amazing guitar, 100% awesome. I've been laying 3 years, and I have gibsons, had a Fender and many others. Plays many other guitars like ESP also. So I know what the others sound like and I say by far this is the best guitar ever made. I would buy this guitar again if it was stolen for sure. I would get a better amplifier though, mine is a POS right now. The bridge is my favorite feature, it's a one peace adjustable. Extremely easy to palm mute and do other things with it. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: Trivium_A7X, on november 13, 2006

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: It was made in China in early 2006, it has 24 rosewood frets and a maple neck. It has a volume and a tone selector and a 3 way Switch with B.C. Rich pickups and came with a cable, a temporary case and an allen key. It has a black laquer finish, which is quite hardy except from the corners, which are vulnerable. // 6

Sound: It suits my music style perfectly (metal) and I am currently using it with a Marshall MG100. It has the best tone I have ever come across in a guitar, and suits thrash metal as it is a heavy sound. The strings provide a much more metallic tone to any guitar I have used previously. It can produce a wide variety of sounnds and even at high volumes does not lose it's incredible tone. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up untuned but the pickups were adjusted just to my liking. There were no flaws whatsoever after a thorough examination by me and a few friends. The bridge and top were perfectly routed and bookmatched and the controls all work well without being too loose or stiff. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar withstands live playing very well, however I have seen examples in the past of carelessness when people have chipped or knocked the spikes and the head. The strap buttons are solid and I would defineately use it gigging as I have already several times without fault. The finish will last unless you are careless. // 7

Overall Impression: I play a lot of metal and the guitar works perfectly with the genre, the tone fits and it looks the part too. I have been playin just over 2 years, and own a Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster which are nowhere near up to the standard of this. If it was stolen or lost then I would defineatly buy another, though if I had a little mor cash I would defineately consider moving up to the silver or platinum series for superior build quality and tone. I love the look, tone, and feel of this guitar, and I fing it impossible to flaw. My favourite feature is either the overall amazing appearance or the incredible tone. I compared it to a Gibson SG, but I decided that as a Gibson costs over 400 more, and if you ask me has pretty poor tone, that this was by far the better option. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: Satan Incarnate, on november 24, 2006

Features: This guitar is similar to the Bronze series Warlocks, except it has a red tribal graphic and a widow headstock. Rosewood fretboard and maple neck, I think, and an agathis body. As I said, it is black with a red tribal, Kerry King style, with a gloss coat. 1 tone and 1 volume, plus a 3-way Switch. Also, it has a single-piece bridge, which the strings run through. 2 B.C. Rich humbuckers, non-locking tunimg machines, and no accessories. Overall, a simply, if effectively equipped guitar. // 10

Sound: The Warlock, and most B.C. Rich guitars, are made for metal. It definitely delivers, considering the price, although with sufficient funds and experience, one might want to put in new pickups, as the stock humbuckers are not the best quality. They are dull and lifeless clean, but crank up the distortion to an intelligent level, and they sound very good. There is a difference between good distortion and too much distortion though, and I think many people don't understand this. I am running it though a DigiTech RP-250, so I have a lot more control over tone and distortion compared to just an amp. The guitar is only suited to distorion though, don't go for anything flamboyant such as a phaser or a flanger unless you like effects like that combined with distortion. It does have a thicker sound though, and gets muddy at times, although it could be the pedal settings, seeing as that I have not owned the pedal for very long. I have also noticed some unwanted noise, although again, that is the product of too much distortion. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought the guitar, it was set up very well. The action was acceptable, although I did lower it after I started playing. I have never seen action this low on any other guitar without any buzzing. I cannot slip a medium pick under the strings without moving them, and I only get buzz on the higher frets with the 5th and 6th strings. The only major flaw I can think of is the neck pickup. It is angled the wrong way, and when I took it out and looked at it, it seemed to be that the holes for the height adjustment screws were not square with the pickup. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could go to hell and back, and still be alive and thrashing. I have not had any problems with the hardware, I have only tightened the tuning machine pegs so they don't turn as easily. The finish is thick, probably more than 3/4 of a milimeter. I know this because of all the chips on my guitar. I am not the best with this thing, but it holds up. Just the other day, my friend accidently rammed one of the bottom protrusions into a ciderblock wall (very rough), and only a small amount of paint chipped off. One thing I have noticed especially is the strap buttons. They are very large, and well anchored, and I have a feeling my strap will break before the buttons do, as it is already tearing. // 10

Overall Impression: I would say, for the price and series, this is a very good guitar. It is definitely worth the $200, and I am glad I chose this guitar over any other guitars within the price range. I would love for it to have a Floyd Rose and EMG's, or Swineshead pickups, but any of those items would jack up the price considerably. My favourite part of this guitar is definitely the action. As I said, I have never seen action lower than this. This is a great guitar for metalheads, and music such as The Black Dahlia Murder, Mayhem, Strapping Young Lad, Behemoth, etc. // 9

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: kegsstarr, on november 25, 2006

Purchased from: Soundsmusical.com

Features: My Warlock is I believe a 2003 model, maybe younger. It has 24 frets an agathis body and a maple neck. The fingerboard is made of rosewood for inlay has dots. It has a flloyd rose tremelo bridge and two BDSM humbucker pickups. 3 way controls, volume, tone and a three way tone selector (bass-treble) // 10

Sound: It is perfect for me and I have no complaints about the sound of the guitar. For the price that I paid it as an outstanding guitar. I use a frontman 15R amp with it, they go together like bread and butter. You can get a ride range of tones from it and so suits most peoples requirements. Just be sure you use it in accordance to a very good amp. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I have not had any problems with the guitar. It was manufactured perfectly, I haven't encountered any flaws with it to date (a year on). Everything on it was properly fitted. The paint finish is one that is meant to last and has not let me down yet, even though I coulod treat the guitar better. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is definitely built for durability. It can withstand Live playing and has accompanied me to many 'gigs' and has not let me down yet. The strap buttons are solid, and it has lasted through a lot, and I mean a lot, of bashes and drops, still funcitoning as if it was new. // 10

Overall Impression: No doubt about it, this guitar's looks do not take anything away from it's sound. It is a perfect match for me, as it produces the perfect sounds that I want, and gives me a bit of flare around the stage. If I lost this guitar, I would most probably get it again, maybe in one of the newer colours, but still keep to the same model. I took about 6 months of hard work looking at hundreds of guitars and this was the best one I could find to fit what I wanted and my price tag, it has not disproved me. You should definitely buy one, but just make sure you don't play near my turf, because you will still my thunder for having the coolest guitar around. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: breadfan82, on february 01, 2007

Purchased from: A Friend

Features: I bought this axe from a friend of mine. It was a project guitar he was revamping for someone else, so it was Brand New. It is a 2002 model with 24 frets, bolt-on maple neck and agathis body. When I got it, it was already rigged with passive Seymour Duncan pickups (SH-6 bridge, SH-1 '59 neck), so that was a very good thing. Has a solid black finish. I'm not sure what to call the bridge style (you other Warlock owners know what I'm getting at), but I don't like it very much at all. One volume, one tone, three-way selector Switch. Two humbuckers. The nuners are non-locking and are extremely touchy, to the point of annoyance. Came with durable hardshell case and strap with Schaller straplocks. // 8

Sound: I play mostly Metal, Thrash, and Alternative, and it gets the job done. I use a GNX4 guitar workstation and a Peavey Bandit 112. It has very warm tone due to the Duncan pickups, but can also be very crisp and edgy with the right distortion. Pickup selector is a bit noisy. It's best for metal, but it does the other genres to satisfaction, at least. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar's setup was done by my friend when he got it, so the action was pretty good. Pickups needed to be raised a bit, and sit in the housings a little loose, but not too bad. Other than that, I hate the Warlock bridge, but the guitar isn't all that bad. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has withstood Live gigs. Hardware is solid, straplocks are solid, finish is also very good. I never use any guitar without a backup, but it could do everything in my band's setlist. Finish has a few dings in it from a few years worth of normal use, but it's still a good solid finish. // 9

Overall Impression: I play metal, thrash, and alternative, so it is a pretty decent match for that stuff. I've been playing 8 1/2 years, and Own a Jackson JS30KV and Epiphone Gothic '58 Explorer. Before I bought this, I should have asked if the bridge could be swapped out for something better. I don't regret owning this guitar by any means, but if it were stolen, I'd ptrobably buy something else. I love the neck because it's lightning fast, and the pickups are really good. I really hate the bridge style. I didn't compare it to anything else. I was looking for a "metal guitar" with good pickups, and my friend told me he had this, and I bought it before I really thought about it and examined it. I wish it had a better bridge, and better tuners. This thing doesn't hold tune for more than two or three songs in a row. But still, not the worst guitar you could buy, by any means. I'd recommend this to the entry-level metal guitarist. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: H1ghGa1n, on may 30, 2007

Purchased from: some music store

Features: I'm not sure what year it was made or where exactly. I'm not up to date on where all of my guitars are from, but I'm guessing it wasn't made in the U.S.A. It's got 24 frets, 25.5 scale. The neck feels pretty comfortable to me, the neck is maple, and has an ebony fret board. The body is Agathis(ewww). Mine has a black finish that's chipping away, and it's of course the warlock body style. It's got a fixed bridge, 2 Passive hum bucking pickups(HH configuration) which give off a fuzzy kinda tone with my metal zone pedal and Peavey studio pro 40 amp and have some pretty bad cleans unless you roll down the volume quite a bit, and I'm not sure on the make or model of the pickups they're just the stock ones. It has non locking die-cast tuners that stay in tune okay over all. It came with a gig bag, I bought it very slightly used. The guy before me had it maybe one or 2 days and it just sat around. // 5

Sound: It's okay for some metal. Mainly it's good for drop tuning songs and I can actually play a lot of old System Of A Down stuff on it and it sounds alright, but it doesn't really play anything else. I'm using a MT-2 Metal Zone pedal, an Alesis Midiverb2, and a Peavey studio pro 40 amp. It's pretty noisy if you crank it too far but part of that might be the rest of my rig although my other guitars don't have this much of a problem as this guitar does. It's really only suited for metal, and it's good for a beginner to learn on because it's cheap and a beginner would feel like a bad ass holding a guitar of this shape. I know I did for a while. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: It was setup okay from the factory but as I learned more on how to change the action I lowered it a bit. The pickups were in a fine place, but maybe a bit far from the strings. No flaws I could see except for some fret buzz on the lower frets making it nearly impossible to get a good lead sound, but that may have been in part my fault for lowering the strings a bit. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I think you could use this as a last resort for Live playing. The hardware seems like it will last for a while, but not like generations upon generations. The strap buttons suck, period. I really don't depend on this guitar, it's just too cheap feeling, and I would not gig with this as my main guitar, but as my very last resort of all my guitars. The finish wont last it's already peeling away. // 4

Overall Impression: I play a lot of music, but it's only good for heavier stuff, nu-metal and stuff of that nature. I've been playing for almost 2 years and have 7 guitars this is the 3rd cheapest guitar I have but the worst sounding and worst playing guitar I have. It even sounds and plays worse than the $89 Lotus Strat copy that I bought with a gig bag and a tiny Kustom amp. If it were stolen or lost I would be mad because someone stole something of mine, but I'm not sure I would replace it. I didn't really compare it to anything because it was cheap and I wanted a guitar with hum buckers and it looked cool and I had just started playing. Only buy this guitar if your a beginner, and when you start to develop some technique and sense of tone buy something more expensive. // 5

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 02, 2007

Purchased from: trademe.co.nz

Features: I'm not sure when or where it was made, Korea I'm guessing. It's got 24 jumbo frets, agathis body with rosewood fretboard. The bridge is a simple Tune-O-Matic. Electronics wise it has 1 volume, 1 tone and 3-way selector, the pickups a dual bc rich humbuckers. Every thing is of a high quality and not really much different than the platinum series. // 9

Sound: The guitar suits my style very well as I generally play metal/death metal. I play it through a Line 6 spider II on the "insane" setting most of the time. The guitar sounds awesome considering it has Standard pickups, they produce a hard punchy tone and really bring out artificial harmonics. I plan to put a syemour duncan dimebucker in the bridge spot which will make it sound mint. I hope. The pickups also sound pretty decent on clean which is a bonus. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got it the action was almost perfect, just a little low which resluted in slight buzz on the low E, but easily fixed. The frets were all good and are nice to play on. All the hardware is very good quality on the guitar and most is the same as the platinum models. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would look awesome Live, but the only problem is the extravagent spikes can chip easily. I dropped my bc rich platinum beast once a while ago and am still pissed of now as it took a big chunk out of the bottom spike. I would recommend buy strap locks. The hardware is very good and feel like they could take a beating. I feel as if I could rely on it at a gig but I would always take my platinum beast as a backup or the other way round, just incase. // 8

Overall Impression: I have been playing for almost 3 years now and I also own a B\.C\. Rich Platinum Beast, Line 6 Spider II 30 amp and. My favourite feature of this guitar and the many other B.C. Richs is the awesome headstock. For the price I got this I am very pleased, I blows away all the Ibanez, Ashton and Jackson guitars that are under $600. One day I would like to own a B.C. Rich mockingbird with floyd rose and neckthru, also I would love a Dean ML or Razorback. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: blazerok, on december 10, 2007

Purchased from: Music123.com

Features: The features are good, nothing exceptionnal, but good enough for a beginner/average guitarist. // 7

Sound: I mostly play metal(of course) and this guitar work perfectly for it. I use it with a DigiTech Grunge distortion pedal and a 15w Fender practise amp. I really love the sound of it. Because of humbucking pickup, wich are surprisingly good, there is no noise, or very little (I cannot hear any from my amp), even with a lot of distorton. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Well, the setup of my warlock was good, but other warlock owners said teirs axe were poorly made. I only had to adjust the bridge (which was really easy) to get a nice low acion. I haven't had any trouble with pickup or anything else, and I own this guitar for 4 years now. Maybe I was lucky to have a bronze series warlock with good setup, or other players were attempting too much from a 150$ guitar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is really solid. I would totally trust it when playing live, and I wouldn't bring any backup. I played a lot during the last 6 month, and even after that, there is no scratch on the finish of the guitar (only little chips on the corners). // 9

Overall Impression: I mostly play metal, and this guitar is really good for it. I have a Squier Strat too, but I prefer the warlock because of the nice humbucking pickup on it. Don't be afraid to use it with a lot of distortion, the sound will remain clear! If it would be stolen, maybe I'd buy the warlock platinum, because now I have enough money for it! It would be nice to have a tremolo on it, but I don't really matter to me. This is a good guitar at an affordable price. // 9

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: cheeseisthebomb, on december 25, 2007

Purchased from: ebay

Features: This guitar features a Wicked Warlock design, an Agathis body, a Maple neck, a Rosewood fretboard, 24 frets, a set of Dual humbucking pickups, and cool chrome hardware. The finsih can come in either black or red. The black looks evil. The red looks sleeker. // 8

Sound: This guitar was made to play metal, it looks like it and sounds like it. It sounds good through a lot of amps, but I had some problems with a Fender amp on the clean channel. It isn't noisy on high gain settings, because that is what it is desinged for. It could use a better clean sound. This is a good guitar for comping out heavy power chords, or shredding out a loud, fast solo. However, if you want to do a slow bluesy rythem or solo, look elsewere. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is pretty good, but it could be a little higher. The pickups were ajusted just right. The bridge was properly routed. Mine came used, so there were already some finish flaws, and the tuning pegs were loose, and so were the tone controls. There were a couple places were the fretwire was filled poorly. The reason I'm giving this a higher rating than I should is because, again, I got it used, and some of the flaws could of come with handling. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I could see somebody using this guitar to play Live. It is durable, reliable, and it looks awesome. However, it is a little heavy. I would bring a backup to a gig for string breaks and everything. It is obvious that there was a lot of finish problems when I got it, and the finish is only wereing away more and more rapidly. The strapbuttons are as solid as they come. // 9

Overall Impression: If this guitar were stolen or lost I wouldn't buy it again. I play blues music and this guitar isn't a good match. If you play heavy metal, then buy this guitar. I just wish it had more variety in it's sound. In comparison to other B.C. Rich guitars, this is the best one for the money. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 07, 2008

Features: I think it was made around 2004/2005, not really sure. It has 24 frets and a maple neck, Tune-O-Matic bridge and it comes with a volume a tone, and a 3-way pickup selector. It has B.C. Rich stock pickups and non-locking tuners, unfortunately it just comes with the guitar no accesories. // 8

Sound: This guitar suits my music really well, Iplay anything ranging from classic rock to hardcore/death metal/black metal. Currently I am using a Dean Markley 40-watt and a Boss Distortion pedal and it comes out to be a nice combination, I can get different decired effects and reach a variety of different sounds. The guitar is noisy sometimes but it's not the kind of noisy that kills you till death, you will probably hear fuzzes when they aren't supposed to be there, not really a big deal. Also this guitar sounds well with warm or bright sounds, I prefer warm, it sounds a little better. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got the guitar it was perfectly fine, the pickups were perfectly adjusted and everything worked just fine. It came with a properly routed bridge and completely free of flaws. I also think that the controls will last you a along time since they are so well adjusted and thight as if to last you a couple lifetimes. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Yes it will, I tried it a couple of times in some gigs, since I usually use my vendetta. I believe that the guitar will last you a long while it's durable. Sorry no solid strap buttons. I would bring a backup to gigs, just in case, you never know what may happen. The finishe will probbably last you a good couple years, perfectly fine if you take care of it that is! // 9

Overall Impression: I've benn playing for 2 years, I own a First Act, A Yamaha acoustic and a Vendetta. If this guitar were stolen or lost I would probably buy another model or make. I love the finish/design the look of it is so awesome. I hate that the tuning knobs are non-locking. My favorite feature would once again be the design. I wish it had a tremolo bar and locking tuning knobs. // 9

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: Stuthedew_666, on march 24, 2008

Purchased from: Local Pawn Shop

Features: I believe this was made in Asia somewhere, likely China and is made of agathis wood. I has 24 frets so you can get quite a bit outta it. Rosewood fretboard and all that good shit, I have the black finished model of this which I got used at a pawnshop, with a broken switch. It has a strange "one piece ajustable" bridge on it, but once you get a screwdriver out you can easily set tension and action stuff with it. The pickups aren't top of the line, and the bridge one was popped out a bit when I got it, but I think that's partially the reason the switch doesn't work. But I'm pretty happy with it all together. The main problem I have is that it doesn't fit in an average case because of the sexy horns and shit it has all over. // 7

Sound: It looks metal as hell, and has nice pointy ends to impale rabid fans while on stage when you're shredding. Okay not really, but you get the point, definatly has a heavy metal look to it. I use a horribly rigged Fender bass amp to 2 fifteen inch Weston amps, which were used by country stars in the late sixties. I know that's metal as hell right? It is a little dull and probbley could use a new bridge pickup. The pinch harmonics sound sweet and it doesn't loose any sound with different guage strings or detuning. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: I got it set up rather crappy at the pawnshop but then again, IT's a pawnshop riight? The bridge one is practically falling out, so. That's probbley not a good sign but it sounds good so Who cares. This thing smells like it's been in a reefer den and was sold for drug money. But uh, yeah it's pretty rad now that I cleaned it up and tossed some 52 guage strings and detuned it to C#. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This thing seems alright after a little interior work gets done to it to fix the damned Switch, it doesn't hum or anything and sounds pretty rad when I'm playing it through my setup, But I only had to pay 30 dollars with the trade in of a used guitar so what do I care I got the better deal out of it. I wouldn't rely to heavily on it in a gig it just has a feeling that it miiight shit out on you. // 4

Overall Impression: This is a perfect match for me because I'm just that metal to have a warlock. I've been playing for about 3 years or so now, and I run everything through a crappy set of country amps with a Fender bass amp cut apart inside to be rigged to them, and then run through a bunch of distotion pedals and wah and stuff, so it's my equipment if anything, but it sounds metal with the riight settings rigged around it. I would be sad if this thing got stolen but I still have my Vintage Kramer axe so I'm not too worried about this thing. I hate the fact that it doesn't fit in average cases but I love the look so I'll just have to suck it up and not be a pussy over it then right? I chose this because it looks metal and sounds metal too, what more do you need? // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: WARLOCK123, on june 09, 2008

Purchased from: Minster Guitars

Features: Firstly I got this guitar because the model I wanted was cancelled and chose it as an alternative. Got it in November 2007 as my first guitar.I think it was made somwhere in Asia.This guitar has 24 jumbo frets, maple neck and rosewood frets.Solid top. Black finish. Wrap around adjustable bridge. 2 black humbuckers, a 3 way toggle and 1 tone. // 8

Sound: As a beginner my teacher has got me playing blues and chords but I play some rock and metal stuff and it works fine for all of them.However I feel because of it's looks it is best suited for rock and metal as I would not expect to see someone playin Mcfly on this guitar.I use a Watson 15 watt amp. it's not the best amp but I can get a great sound with this guitar. It is quite noisy depending on volume settings. You can get a really rich sound for playing blues with this guitar and a really heavy sound for metal and rock. This guitar can churn out most sounds easily. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Set up well everything in it's place. one slight mark on one of the Dot inlays but it is very small and the input for the amp cable gets loose and nedds tightening. bridge was routed properly. pickups adjusted fine. please note these flaws may only be on my guitar, // 8

Reliability & Durability: I don't play Live but do jam with my neighbour Who drums. out of the six months I've had it I have had no problems and I expect that to continue. strap buttons are solid. I might consider using it without a backup for a gig. It has a good finish that looks like lasting. it does go out of tune quite quickly. // 9

Overall Impression: it is a great match to what I play considering I have only been playing six momths. it is my only guitar. if I could I would probably have asked if there were better guitars made ny Ibanez or Epiphone that were cheaper or slightly more expensive. if it were stolen I would kill the thief and try to get it back or if I could not get it back I would most likely buy another. The thing I love is the shape and the overall look of the guitar. but I hate the fact that it goes out of tune quickly. I did not compare it to other guitars but got advice from other players. p.s I am thinking of getting a second guitar should I get an Ibanez GAX30 or an Epihone G400? please send me a reply. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: diabolus, on june 30, 2008

Price paid: C$ 250

Purchased from: Renaissance Music

Features: Made in 2006 in China, this Warlock has 24 Jumbo frets, a maple neck, and an agathis body. The bridge is one of those wrap around adjustable types that are a pain in the ass to restring. Standard B.C. Rich "BDSM" humbuckers mounted neck and bridge. Hideous chrome volume and tone knobs mar this otherwise beautifully crafted body, accompanied by a three-position toggle. B.C. Rich tuners on the Widow headstock. What do you expect for the money you're paying though. // 8

Sound: I play mostly metal, such as Slayer, old Metallica, and Pantera. This guitar sounds great through my garbage Kustom Solo16 amp, clean and with distortion. I found that the attack was a bit low, creating a hum, but this turned out to be a faulty patch cord which has been replaced and now the guitar is kicking ass! Shredding from the first all the way up the neck to that screaming 24th fret is completely possible, no "puking" as on crappier guitars. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When this guitar came home, the first job was replacing the strings. During replacement, I noticed that the pickups looked low, but it actually turned out to be that the action was ridiculously high right out of the factory, probably around 6mm at the 12th. Other than the action, the only real flaw noticed is top of the nut adjacent to the headstock looks sanded or gouged, you can only notice it if you really look and are actually playing the guitar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: There is no way that this guitar would withstand constant live usage. Just walking around the apartment can be hazardous as the strap can come off of the body at any time without notice. The buttons are solid, just not large enough. The finish on this guitar is particularly tough, I have no idea how many times I've bashed the Widow headstock against the wall, or the body on a chair or desk, wincing all the while, but so far no scratches or chips. // 6

Overall Impression: This guitar sounds rather decent for the genre which I play. I've been playing for just over three years, purchased this guitar about a year and a half ago. Great at the time, but I would never buy another Bronze series again. A fantastic guitar for beginners, but the lack of tremolo and some quality hardware really limits this guitar. I'm sure that I'll keep it around for years, even after I purchase another guitar or two, but I wouldn't replace it with an identical model if it were damaged or stolen. // 7

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: Nirvana6722, on august 18, 2008

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: This guitar is very good for beginners because obviously it looks cool and it plays very well for such a low price. My guitar is a 2006 Warlock Bronze. It has a maple neck, a rosewood fret board, and an agathis body. It has an unusual 24 frets that can achieve a very high sound. I bought my B.C. Rich Warlock about 2 years ago. The first thing about it that got me was it's look. The body of the guitar was very original and it looked cool. But, being the novice and naive guitarist I was then I bought into it not thinking any thing about the sound. When I got it on Christmas morning I was thrilled to have my first electric guitar and the first thing I did was played it. I noticed right away that the G string did not want to stay in tune. It would sound like a car wreck after a couple of chords. The worst part was that it was unpredictable. It would happen just randomly. I would play the guitar the same way and it would still come out of tune. I am not saying it would come out of tune every time I played it just more than I wanted it to. Now for the rest of the stuff. Ok, so the pickups were very well made and assembled onto the guitar. I have had no problem so far with it. As for the wiring there was a big problem there though. When I would plug my guitar into my amp, I would get a very fuzzy sound. It was almost inaudible though. The sound progressively got louder as I played my guitar more and more though the weeks until I could not even hear my guitar any more. So, I took it up to my local music store to get it fixed and very ironically there was a man there that had the exact same guitar. He asked me what the problem with mine was and I told him. Turns out both of our wirings were messed up. So When I got it back it worked fine for the first couple of weeks, but of course. It broke again. I'm not sure if it was the stores fault or the guitar itself. But I took it back 3 more times and finally after a 50 dollar charge, it finally worked long term. I have had no other problems with my Warlock at all. // 7

Sound: I play pretty much all kinds of music on my guitar and it has not failed me yet. Distortion is only as good as your amp, but as for as the sound goes it works great for any kind of metal/rock song. The only problem you might have playing is some acoustic stuff because you just cannot attain a very rich sound with this guitar, but for 149.00 dollars it is pretty good. The pickups are good for playing all kinds of rock for beginners. If you play heavy heavy stuff such as Pantera and Korn I would advise either buying a very good effect pedal or a pick up change because it just doesn't have enough "power" to get that grainy. But overall the sound of it is very good. No buzzing or anything. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on this guitar is very good. I can get it like half a milimeter off of the neck without it buzzing. It was very well setup and the pickups are great except for a couple of things. The wiring gave out after a couple of months, there were a couple of loose tuning pegs that had be replaced when I bought it, and the volume knob refused to stop turning a couple of times. But all of this can be fixed very easily. The guitar was made the USA and all of the stock stuff is great. No real problems with the bridge, neck, buzz, or anything. // 7

Reliability & Durability: The Warlock can withstand a lot of punishment. It could possibly go through Jimi Hendrix's fire, Kurt Cobain's playing, and Paul Stanley's smashing and come out playable. It is very, very durable and lightweight. It is kind of like an old Nokia phone, if it breaks you can just put it back together again. This guitar is great for soloing, due to the very low action, and it's great for everything in between. The body is very sturdy and can take a lot of punishment. The paint job is very good and will not wear away any time soon. The frets are solid. The bridge has absolutely no problems and the pickups are good for being stock. The tuners are too well put together and almost constantly come out of tune, but that's not something that can't be fixed with some more put on. There is one more thing, the wiring seems to be not put together so well because I know of 3 more people Who own Warlocks with the same problem. But, after all of the above are solved it is great! // 9

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this guitar is one that is good for beginners but still ok for more serious people. It can withstand a lot of damage and it's very reliable except for a couple of problems with which I have already explained. The Warlock Bronze is a very good guitar and it has lasted me for 2 years and hopefully will last much longer. // 8

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 20, 2008

Features: Manufactured in the U.S. in 2004, my B.C. Rich Warlock (Bronze Series), comes with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard with 24 Jumbo Frets. The neck is bolt-on configured with a B.C. Rich plate. It was manufactured with the Half-Widow Bronze Series headstock, rather than the accustomed Widow headstock. The headstock is sporting die-cast B.C. Rich tuners. The bridge is a B.C. Rich wrap-around adjustible, which is chromed out. This warlock comes with two B.C. Rich stock pickups with a 3-way pickup selector on a beveled top, onyx body made of agathis. // 8

Sound: This guitar does everything I want it to do. It suits my music style (Varied types of metal) perfectly. I'm using no effects at the time, though I did run it through a Washburn Lyon Distortion pedal a while back. I play on a small Marshall MG10 practice amp, and it sounds perfect. Through the clean channel, the amp works as good as ever. Even though it was built for heavier playing, its capibilities on a clean channel are the best for a guitar of it's calibur. And with the destortion, the guitar plays at its best. Solos and lead is what you want with this guitar. it's lead pickup is great for what you need to play, and the rythm pickup works just as well. From blues to the heaviest metal you can think of, this guitar prevails. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I first picked up this guitar, I loved it. It's body and neck are comfortable to work with, even though it is an odd shape for a guitar. Besides breaking strings every 4 months or so, nothing is wrong with this guitar. I've owned it for 4 years and have had no problems with it. The plastic top did break off because of a little too much playing around with the guitar. And carelessness of where I put the guitar did put a couple scratches on the body, but the guitar still works. The bridge is easy to adjust to your needs, and if so, the pick-ups are easy to adjust too. The only problem with the guitar, is the 3-way pickup selector can be a bit noisy when switching. But I mostly play lead anyway, so I don't have to switch pickups that much at all. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Seeing that I have played Live with this guitar, it can and will withstand Live playing. The rugged hard body can take some blows and the neck is pretty hard to bend back too. The hardware on the guitar will last as long as you don't go crazy with your guitar and hit anything extremely hard. The strap buttons are as hard as titanium. I have never had my strap fall off ever since I've had this guitar. I did have a strap break once, while headbanging, but that was probably due to the fact that the strap was given to me by my grandfather and was at least 10 or 15 years old. I've had sweat, dirt, dust, water, and occasionaly screw drivers on this guitar, and none of the paint has come off. All you need is a good washing and the guitar looks good as new. Even when adjusting my neck with a slippery screw driver, even if the screw driver hit the body of my guitar, all it did was put a little endenture in the wood. The paint didn't even come off! // 10

Overall Impression: I play all types of metal and blues, and this guitar matches that playing style perfectly. It can make all the sounds I need to play my bes. I've been playing for almost 5 years now, and this B.C. Rich was my second guitar, after my Johnson acoustic. That acoustic and this warlock is all I own. And after playing Les Pauls, Expensive Jacksons, ESPs, Gibsons, and Fenders, I would still say that my warlock is more comfortable and easier to play than most of those other guitars I tried out at Guitar Center. I'm pleased with my decision for a new guitar. If this guitar was stolen, I'd probably buy the same model, but with EMG active pickups, I've found EMGs easier to use than stocks. My favorite feature of the Warlock is definately the shape. it's heavy style of playing matches perfectly with it's dark and maniacal look. I didn't compare the warlock to other guitars, because I don't like comparing guitars. My saying is, "if it's a guitar, play it your best." The only thing I wish the Bronze Warlock had, even though it's just because I found that I liked these features better on a guitar over the years, is some EMG active pickups and a Floyd Rose temelo. // 9

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: megadeth45, on january 13, 2009

Purchased from: Flores Music

Features: It is a 2003 Warlock and it wont fit Tradition warlock specs because I re-built the neck from scratch. 24 amazing jumbo frets that have never failed me, not a single buzz in the 5 years I've had it all sitting on top of a rose wood fingerboard and I don't know the exact width of the nut but it's a lot wider than average. Solid black top made of agathis and the neck is maple but the headstock is the widowmaker headstock instead of the slanted. Traditional Warlock body as one would expect. It has a wrap-around adjustable bridge. 1 volume knob that tends to come lose and spring back if you try and push it beyond 10, 1 tone knob, and a 3 way toggle swtich. Two B\.C\. Rich BDSM humbckers for that very full tone. Diecast tuners which have given me no problems at all although I kind of wish that this guitar had a Floyd Rose so I could add a locking nut because after bending for awhile the strings come out of tune and it's never anything severe but I've had the low E string go to drop D after about an hour of playing. // 8

Sound: This guitar is great if you are one of those guys whose band does 4 hour sets because it sounds amazing both clean and distorted if you put too much gain on a heavy distortion pedal you might get a little feedback and some unwanted noise. I play all kinds of music from classical to black metal and it fur elise may not be that cool on a Warlock but through on some distortion and a very small amount of delay and you can make any kind of music sound good. Like I said before it has a very full sound and with a sub octave pedal feels like it could rip your face off with a loud enough amp. With the right effects you can go from Steve Vai phaser type sounds all the way to Arch-Enemy type metal and is probably my best sounding guitar out of 9. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was a little high for me but I like my strings to practically sit on the frets so that all depends on how you like your action and if you don't like how the action is set up just take some time and adjust it to your liking and be sure to check the truss rod because B\.C\. Rich has been known to bow their necks down. The pickups were perfect when I bought the guitar so very little adjust was done to them. the bridge routing is perfect and if you don't like it there isn't a whole lot that can be done about it. I have yet to notice any flaws other than that the volume knob tends to come loose if you fiddle with it too much. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I've been playing it for 5 years and playing Live with it for 2 and the only thing I've had to change on it was occasionally making a new nut for it. The hardware it built to last and the nut will wear down on any guitar so don't really take that into consideration when buying. The strap buttons seem to be a little small so you might want to replaces those with wider or even locking strap buttons to avoid dropping it in the middle of a gig. The finish is gonna last forever but, if you don't use a stand, since this is a rather pointy guitar it might chip the paint if you rest it against a wall or lay it on a flat surface so be careful when putting it down. I would totally only use this guitar for a gig because I think it is amazing and would last the whole gig with out any ware and tear afterwords. // 8

Overall Impression: It is perfect if you want to show that you mean business when it comes to playing and is very intimidating. I play all kinds of music and it has served me through it all. I've got so much other gear I won't even begin to list it. If I lost it or it was stolen I don't know if I would buy another one I might buy a B\.C\. Rich Mockingbird instead. I love how thin the neck is and even the original neck is thin. I hate that freaking volume knob always coming loose. I didn't compare it to any others besides the Mockingbird because the instant I saw Kerry King's Warlock I immediately wanted one. I'm only 14 but I've been playing since I was 7 and I've owned at least 10 different guitars over that time span and this is probably the best of all. Also, I think EMGs would sound a little better than the stock pickups. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: ShredGod George, on january 14, 2009

Features: I believe this guitar was made somewhere around 2004-5, Probably in china, It has 24 frets and an Extremely thin neck, something similar to an Ibanez neck, with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard, the body is alder, It has a polyurethane finish n black, which had small chips on the points when I got it, It has the Standard BC Rich warlock shape, which is fairly unique looking and more comfortable than it looks, It has a wraparound bridge that's difficlut to keep the action the right height on since the screws will slip and slide around. Causing the action to lower itself, it has passive, yet fairly high output BC Rich BDSM humbuckers, It has one volume and one tone knob the volume knobs Busted though so it's either all the way, or off. The tuners are BC rich brand non-locking tuners and don't hold tune very well, you'd probably have to tune every 2 days. // 4

Sound: I play lots of everything, but only use this for thrash/groove metal and while the cleans on this guitar are abysmal, it's distorted tone is great, which is why someone would buy a guitar like this, I use a Crate V33 and Distortion pedal with this guitar and This will push the tubes in the amp to a heavy distortion pretty quick, it's not noisy, andhas a pretty dark tone, This guitar is pretty much good for one thing, Metal but it does it well. Though I'm thining about a Pickup swap to seymour duncans. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Since I Bought this used as a beater guitar for metal. The previous owner already had it set up, and the chips were from his using it, this is a one piece guitar with no seperate top, so it can't have been bookmatched, the volume knob was broken, bat other than that, the action was suprisingly good, and all the hardware was pretty solid. // 5

Reliability & Durability: It's a decant sounding guitar as long as tyou make sure not to bang the headstock nto anything and knock it out of tune, and since it's flashy looking and sounds decent for metal, I could see it gigging, but I'd have a backup on hand, the strap buttons are fine, just make sure the screws are tight beforehand the polyurethane finish on this thing wont wear off, but it chips pretty easily. // 5

Overall Impression: I play everything from blues to thrash metal, and this guitar fits the heavier genres well, but not anything that requires less distortion than hard rock, I've been playing for a few yearwsm and I own 4 guitars and a couple amps, I like the look and the bridge pickup in it& the neck is very fast, the neck pickup is terrible however and the bridge is... meh. If this guitar was stolen or lost, I'd probably upgrade to a Jackson RR of somesort like a JS30RR or RR3, It'd be nice if it had a Floyd Rose. // 4

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: mooncow67, on august 05, 2009

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Features: I have a 2007 Bronze Warlock. I believe it was made in Korea, as are most of B\.C\. Rich guitars. There are 24 jumbo frets with a rosewood fretboard. The neck is bolt on maple and the body is agathis. It obviously has a Warlock style body, as the name says. The hardware is black, a simple tremolo bridge and Standard tuners. The electronics are passive, with only a volume knob (the newer models have a volume knob, tone knob, and a three way selector switch). It came with a gig bag, a strap, some B\.C\. Rich picks, and a cable. // 8

Sound: I generally play metal, with some rock, punk, etc.. thrown in. It suits my style extremely well, the distortion is nice and crisp, but the cleans are also extremely clear. I usually run it through a Line 6 Spider II, but I have run it through a 15W Crate and a 15W Fender amp, it sounds good on all of them. There is a little feedback when using the cheaper amps, but on the Line 6 when not playing there is dead silence, even with the volume on the guitar and amp turned all the way up. The sound is somewhat limited due to the single pickup, but what you can produce is rather nice for such a well-priced instrument. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came fairly well set up, the action was fairly low and I have not changed it at all since I got it two and a half years ago. The pickup was adjusted well, I have not changed that either. There were no aesthetic flaws in the guitar when it came, the tremolo and volume knob worked correctly, though the volume knob was a tad loose. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is where the Bronze Warlock takes a hit. I'm not exactly gentle on my instruments, but I'm not hard on them. Its taken its share of bumps but nothing too major. The tuners have come a little loose and tend to need adjusting every hour or so. The volume knob became unattached from the body and would just wiggle around inside which had to be repaired. The ground wire also broke and had to be re-soldered to the jack. Also, one time my friend was standing on the cable without my knowledge, I stood up, and the jack came right out of the body. The screws were way too short, so I replace them with some longer screws and have had no problems since, even with stepping on the cable. Also, the finish on the bottom corner is coming off, but this is mainly due to it being banged against a brick floor. // 4

Overall Impression: As I have said I play mainly metal and this guitar is extremely well suited to it. I've been playing for two and a half years, this is the only electric guitar I own, but I have played several Fenders, Ibanez, Deans, etc... and to tell the truth, most of them are better than this, but they also cost several hundred dollars more. If this guitar were stolen or lost, I would probably get a different model B\.C\. Rich or a Shecter. I love this guitar, the shape is awesome, not everyone has one (like Fenders and Gibsons) and the sound is extremely good for the price. I do however hate the fact that it refuses to stay in tune. I compared this to a few cheap guitars and ended up choosing this one because it looked cooler. I was a noobie with no experience what-so-ever and really had no idea what I was getting, but I can't really complain with my choice, it has stood up relatively well. I do wish this guitar had another pickup and maybe a tone knob and selector switch like the newer models (which are the same price), but other than that I can't really complain. // 7

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: Thrash_Head1990, on july 09, 2010

Purchased from: World Music Nashville

Features: 2005 made in china 24 frets average size neck flat rosewood fretboard its pretty good Agathis body maple neck crimson solid finish TOM bridge passive bdsm bcrich pick-ups 1 volume 1 tone 3 way toggle bcrich tuners I got it used so I don't know about any extras // 6

Sound: Keep in mind this is a $200 guitar so the sound is far from appectable. But I have a cheaper Jackson with a much better tone. The pickups just sound masked muddy and fake. I play through a Peavey bandit 112. Cleans are muddy, overdrive you can't hear all the different notes in a chord. Really its just a sound and not notes. Too much bass and not enough treble and mids but the guitar is pretty noise-less which surprises me from such a cheap guitar. // 4

Action, Fit & Finish: I can't say how it was set from the factory cause I got it used. But the guitar is pretty good quality for a china toy. No cracks in the finish no loose paint AND! The finish was chipless after 4 years of play so the finish really good. But sadly I had a dead note on the 17th fret on the b string and no matter how I set it up it wouldn't be solved. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Never played it live but it doesn't sound good enough for me to use live but like I've said its one tough mofo it just feels very solid and can take a beating before losing one fleck of finish but within 10 minutes of putting a strap on it, it fell so strap buttons are far from good and its very very heavy probably because of the cheap wood. // 6

Overall Impression: I play thrash and nwobhm but this guitar is not a good sonic match for anything I play this guitar would be decent for a beginner but once you get a better guitar this guitar is pretty much useless I think B.C.Rich focused too much on build quality and not sound. // 5

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 14, 2010

Purchased from: Fair Deal Music

Features: I brought this guitat in 2007 as a step up from the generic "starter guitar set" we have all had forced on us at some point. I am not sure on the exact specs so best read someone elces review on that (sorry) I got my guitar in black, not only becuase I thought it looks bette but mostly becuase it had 100 pound taken of the price for being to over stocked, but I wasn't complaning. // 8

Sound: I play a lot of metal, this guitar screams metal at a glance and does a prity good job at keeping up with the style. I use a Line 6 15w amp and mostly have it on the "insane setting" this works realy well with the guitar and I haven't had any complaints with it, however on clean it does sound a bit bad, but then this is a metal guitar so it is expected. pith harmonics come easily on this guitar and the sounds it makes are not to rougth. THe general tone of the guitar is rich and chunky and works well in drop D, C, etc. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got hold of this guitat the factory setting were in all honisty, Crap. The bridge was to high, the pick ups wernt doing their job properly and the two pegs for volume and tone were both loose and wouldn't stop turing with no change to the sound. However the guys at fair deal were grate and took the guitar in and gave it the love and treatment a mass producing supply line fail to give, after a day with them it was awesome. I rated it a 3 from factory, but after a bi of tlc it is 8-9. // 3

Reliability & Durability: Due to its shape this guitar is prone to damage, when I first got it back from the shop I chipped the head of it on a buss pole when the driver slamed on his breaks (dam you to hell bus driver) following that it has been droped due to strap breakeges and has chips taken out prity much every edge it posseses. The paint work is awesome and hasn't faded or spontaniously fallen off so all is well there, and its hardware is very durable, I have had mine for 3ish years now and they are the same as they ever were. // 6

Overall Impression: right, this is the fun bit, over all this guitar is very good to achive the metal sound and look without spending a lot. This is the only electric guitar I own at the moment and it is doing well. (I am not bored of it yet) for its price 250 (or less) it is a good guitar, some people see the Warlock shape and just love it and want nothing elce, so to those people. Yes. Buy it. It is fun, interesting and totaly awesome to show off with at live gigs. To the other guys (want a decent gutar for around 300) I would consider somthing elce, as there are guitats round that can sound or proform better than this one. Personaly I love warlocks, always have and I wouldn't change anything if I could go back to the day I brought it. Oh, almost forgot, for the love of god buy a hard case! // 9

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 16, 2010

Purchased from: http://www.rexsom.com.br/

Features: Mine guitar was made in 2010, and it was made in China. It features 24 jumbo frets, rosewood fingerboard (a very dark and beautiful rosewood), maple neck, solid agathis body (the body is lightly beveled), it got a wraparound bridge and B.C.Rich tuners, passive B.D.S.M. B.C.Rich humbuckers, 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob and a 3-way toggle switcher (all hardware is chrome). // 9

Sound: I play mainly old-school Thrash and Death Metal, and it fits perfectly for my kind of sound. This guitar has a rich, full and crushing sound. It has a very heavy sound (possibly from the dense wood), but the humbuckers aren't great, just better than the regular factory ones. I play in drop D, and use Meteoro amps (Brazilian brand) and Boss distortion pedals (MT-2 Metal Zone and MD-2 Mega Distortion) and with that (very simple) equipment i can get a very "Obituary" sound (like on "Cause Of Death"). If you think that buying this, you will be able to perform in the stage with your metal band, and in the church at sundays, you're thinking wrong (go get yourself an Ibanez). // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came in perfect shape, it was just not tuned too well, but that was easily fixed. The action was not too high but not too low also, the pickups came in the right height (bridge upper and neck lower). It came without any signs or "hurts", the frets was awesome aligned but a little dirty, this was the only flaw. It came shiny and beautiful from the factory. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have been using my Warlock for live gigs on my band, and she is just awesome. It has a very solid body, the hardware are nice and well chromed (I think it is very hard to get rust on these). And the paint job is just expectacular, it is like a very strong and shielded mirror. I think it will last forever with me. // 10

Overall Impression: This might be the cheapest line of B.C.Rich guitars, but it honours the name. Everything in this (except the pickups) could be in a Pro or a very expensive guitar. The body is astonishing beautiful, and very well painted and beveled. The neck is very thin and has a soft touch. Everything in this guitar is nicely combined, and the best part is that B.C.Rich maintained the classic design that is a true killer. This is a guitar made for METAL. I've used lots of different guitar brands, such as Jackson, LTD and Washburn, but this B.C.Rich is the one that most fits to me. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: Broken Words, on january 13, 2011

Features: I bought this guitar as my first guitar. Unfortunately it was made in China. It features 24 jumbo frets on a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. It is made from a solid agathis body which in my opinion is too thick and heavy. The style is very unique and very "BC Rich," which is why I bought it. I bought it with 2 BC Rich passive BDSM pickups, I replaced the bridge with a Seymour Duncan active Blackout and I cut the neck pickup so I could use the selector Switch as a killswitch. The controls are a very simple 3-way selector switch, volume and tone knob. The tuners were BC Rich non-locking stock tuners which I replaced with Grover mini-tuners. I bought a bass Coffin case separately from this guitar. // 6

Sound: I play hardcore and punk music where as this guitar is more suited to metal. I play this guitar through a Line 6 Spider III 75W amp and a DigiTech Grunge pedal. My guitar has a bright sound due to me replacing the stock plastic nut with a Tusq nut. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything was poorly set-up when I bought the guitar. There were many flaws which is the reason I gave it to my repairman to fix. He fixed the low E slot on the nut and shaved the edges of the fret wire which were cutting up my fingers. // 5

Reliability & Durability: This guitar survives live playing mostly due to the large size of the body. The stock hardware probably will not last which is why I replaced most of it. The strap buttons are not solid which is why I screwed the strap to the body. The finish will last only if the paint does not flake off from dropping it too much. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar is a mediocre match to my music style. I have been playing for 3 years starting with this guitar. I would not buy this guitar again if it was stolen. The big thing about this guitar that draws me to it is it's "edgy" body style. // 4

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: RCAlbright, on january 17, 2011

Purchased from: C.A. House of Music

Features: This Guitar was made in 2005 or 2006. It has all the low end B.C. Rich accessories; wrap-around bridge, bolt-on neck, etc. The neck is pretty thick and has 24 XJ frets. I believe the back of the neck has a light finish. I'm being generous with a 4 rating because the action can be set pretty low without much buzz, and 24 frets is a must-have for me. I got this as part of a beginner's package. // 4

Sound: This guitar is one of the worst-sounding beginner guitars that you could buy at 250 dollars. When played through the beginner amp that came with it (made by B.C. Rich) it plays metal, and that's it. It's pretty noisy for passive pickups, and pinch harmonics are difficult to play. // 2

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set-up was OK. The action was as low as it could go without any fret-buzz. The stock strings were crap. I think I remember the B, G, and E strings breaking when I first tried tuning the guitar: though that may have been my fault. The pickups looked as if they hadn't been adjusted when the guitar was set up. They were at equal heights and very low. // 5

Reliability & Durability: This is the silver lining I see in this guitar. It is extremely durable. I've had it for about 5 or 6 years, and the only thing that has needed changing are the strings. I've dropped it countless times. The tips of the headstock are chipped, and pieces of paint are missing from the bottom corners of the body. I would never use this as a backup for a gig because of how bad it sounds, but if my main guitar was this reliable, I wouldn't need a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal, that is what this guitar was made for. My second guitar is an ESP Ltd F-100FM. It was about 30 dollars more expensive, and it sounds 30 times better. My 3rd guitar was an ESP Ltd MH-1000FR. It was an amazing guitar, but the neck was snapped in a recent car accident. I love this guitar's durability. I wouldn't replace it if it was broken. If it was stolen, I would hunt down the person that stole her. I would find the guitar and disembowel them with the headstock for taking my first guitar. // 3

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: FalkFreak, on may 02, 2011

Price paid: € 230

Purchased from: Local Guitar Shop

Features: Specs: Construction: Bolt-On Body Wood: Mahogany Top Style: Beveled Headstock Style: Widow Headstock Color: Black Tuners: B.C. Rich Diecast Neck Wood: Maple Neck Radius: 12" Nut Width: 43mm Fretboard: Rosewood Inlay: Dots Frets: 24 jumbo Scale: 25.5" Bridge Type: Tune o matic Pickups: BC Rich B.S.D.M. Controls: 1 volume, 1 three-way toggle and 1 tone. Hardware: ChromeFinish: Onyx The Features of this guitar are great! The Guitar stays in tune really long because of the great B.C. Rich Diecast tuners! A litte Minus was that the Guitar didn`t come with a Tremolo // 8

Sound: Normaly I play Heavy Metal but also Jazz and Blues and this guitar suits all these Styles great! I'm using it throught a IMG Stage Line 40 Watts and if you turn the Gain, Shape and Presence fully up, this guitar is a Heavy-Metal-Killer! And if you change to the Clean-Channel it Sounds great too! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well, first I want to say the Fretjob at this guitar is AMAZING! The pickups were ajusted ok and the Tune-O-Matic Bridge is great too. Just the Tone- and Volumecontrolls were ajusted a little sloppy. A great Minus at this guitar was that it didn't come with a Tremolo. A good thing was that there aren`t any Factory Flaws at my model. // 6

Reliability & Durability: The hardware of this guitar will surely last sometime. The only thing I'm worried about are the the controll-knobs. They seem like they wouldn`t survive a fall from a greater hight. The Strap-Buttons suck, because the strap keeps slipping out of the buttons! // 8

Overall Impression: If somebody would steal this guitar I would probably buy it again. For a guitar in this Prize-Class its a great guitar! I love at this guitar the great look! I love at this guitar also the absolutly Bada-s Headstock! There is only one thing I wished it had: A Factory-Installed Tremolo. (Sorry for the bad spelling, I'm German). // 9

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: timi.charles.7, on august 25, 2015

Features: Plenty of players have listed this information. So many have listed this information. In fact that I don't know how or what to write that would equal 500 characters of NEW information? The guitar comes with a power cable. I would invest in a better cable that's higher quality or you may get some static on some amp settings. I would also get a better cable that's a LONGER cable. The cable that comes with this guitar is only 6 feet long. It does NOT come with a case or gig bag and I'm having trouble finding one. I know I WILL find one but it's an oddly shaped guitar that you can't throw into just any case. // 10

Sound: I can get any sound I want out of this guitar! My amp allows me to turn this guitar into anything I want it to be: sitar, synthesizer, loops recordings, works with music software online, turns my guitar into a bass. I can plug a bass or an acoustic into my amp and press the right button and the amp (Vypyr 11) is set up for an acoustic or a bass. It's an awesome guitar if you pair it with an awesome amp. I get the really hard-core punk and grungy sounds when I play cover by the clash. I can use a clean setting on my amp and turn the guitar into a twangy Country and Western sound. I can also clean it up so much that it sounds like an acoustic guitar! I do all these things through my amp. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I love the action on it when I spray the strings with string cleaner and Tone Finger Ease. If you bought this from the factory it would have been set up for lead. It sounds great playing both lead and rhythm. The pickups are adjusted just right. The B.C. Rich humbuckers are great quality! The bridge is routed perfectly. Because mine was used the person who owned it before me set it on some hard flooring and chipped the bottom of the body. However, I learned that I can take alcohol ink markers and match the colors perfectly and then seal them with clear nail polish that is high gloss or a nail top coat that is high gloss and it gives me a pro. Finish! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will last just as long as any other guitar if you care for it properly. I suggest purchasing a case humidifier. Purchase the type that will absorb moisture if it gets too high and release moisture into the case or body and neck of the guitar if it gets too low. There are plenty of humidifiers that do both. I keep my guitar polished after every single playing and grease the strings BEFORE each time I play! I may sure my guitar strap is locked down tight! I take care of my guitars. I now own 5 electric and 2 acoustic and I'm still adding more guitars and equipment to my collection. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this guitar. I saw Kerry King of Slayer playing the guitar and I fell in love with the tribal print. I now want to collect the New Jersey Series. I have the Assasin, S.O.B. (Son Of Beast) and now the KKW Metal Master which is the technical name for the Bronze series. What many new players (and even some experienced players) do not include in their reviews is the fact that now that we're in a digital age, you can get any sound you want out of a cheap guitar. You can spend $50 at a pawn shop and if you spend $150 at the pawn shop on a digital amp you can get any sound effect you want out of an inexpensive guitar. Nobody seems to bring this up. I'm playing this through the Fender G Dec 30 or my Peavey Vypyr Two (Vypyr 11) with the Sanpera Two foot switch (not the Sanpera 1 because it really limits what you can do) and it sounds awesome! I also use the foot switch for my Fender G Dec 30 and it sounds awesome! // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 25, 2005

Purchased from: Sight And Sound Music Terrace

Features: I got it a year ago about this time. Made in Japan, 24 frets the standard in most B Warlocks. // 10

Sound: I mostly use my Spider 2 amp with it but I have used Roland and Fender amps on it and has had kicking sound through it all. I mostly play metal and some clean songs. I can go from a nice clean sound into a really powerful metal setting and sounds good in both but I find its a bit lacking in a rock sound. But everything else it works good in. It has only made feed back noise on me 3 times in the year I've had it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar's action was a bit high for me but I fixed that quickly, took me 5 mins. The pickups are set up nice. The only flaw I found was after about 4 months playing it the volume knobs nut got loose and the jack was loose a bunch but both are minor flaws that were easily fixed. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I haven't played it live yet but I'm sure it would. The strap buttons I swear were put in so well it would take a powersaw to get em out the finnish is good but it chipped in one place 'cause I dropped it but it held up to the drop great. // 10

Overall Impression: The guitar is the best guitar I've ever played period. I love how it feels when your playing it. I don't hate anything about it at all and my fave feature is its tunning pegs. The only thing I wish it had is a floyd rose. // 10

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: Mistaa Man, on december 21, 2007

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

Features: This one was made this year and already, some of the 24 frets had pre-mature fret ware when I got it. I got another one and the same thing occurred. It had an Agathis body, maple neck, and a rosewood fingerboard on it, it was kind of fast and kind of slow at times. It had that ugly warlock body body, the cutaway was good enough though to be able to get to the high frets. The most annoying part of this guitar was that damned tail piece where you have to put the string through the side with close to the pickups ad it was so hard to do, then you had to sit the string, and keep it in these not-deep-enough indentations where the bridge is, while you tune it until your string is tight enough to stay in there. Chrome hardware with 1 volume and 1 tone control and 3-way switch with dual B.C. Rich humbuckers. The pickups weren't adjusted too bad though actually. // 6

Sound: It does not suit my music style at all. It is not versatile enough. It is only good for metal-ish stuff. I play rock, punk, blues, metal, grunge, and this just doesn't make the cut. I used it with some kind of Kustom amp along with a DigiTech Death Metal, and a DigiTech GNX1. The Death metal is the only thing that made the guitar sound good, and I've tried it on great amps like Line 6's and everything. It sucked. At least it was not noisy though. // 3

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was way too high and I got a lot of string vibration that was very noticeable. The pickups were adjusted pretty good though. This guitar basically IS a flaw. Fret ware, no variety, messed up controls and switch, you name it. And the guitar had a very slow fingerboard most of the time. // 2

Reliability & Durability: I don't think this guitar could withstand live playing, it is very week and the paint and finish chips off so easily from like anything. The hardware doesn't seem like it would last very long either. The strap button even fell off of my guitar too. Would I use it without a backup on a gig? I wouldn't even use this on a gig period. // 2

Overall Impression: This does not match my music style at all. Only if I played a lot of dark stuff but I don't think it would even still match. It sounds like crap. I have been playing for 2 years and I own 5 guitars and 2 amps. I do not own this one, I took it back and traded it for my Ibanez Gio GSZ120, much better. I wish I'd have asked about the versatility of this guitar before making such a mistake in buying it. I hate everything about this guitar except for the headstock, that is the only thing that looks cool. Compared to all my other guitars this sucks. I only chose this because I heard they were good. I wish it had good sound, a whammy bar. // 1

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: D3athM4gnetic19, on january 14, 2009

Features: I have no idea where this guitar was made but I bought it at guitar center about 2 years ago. It has 24 frets rosewood fret board and 2 passive humbucking pickups. The pickups on the guitar are made by BC Rich. There is a 3-way selector for the 2 pickups. There is one volume control knob and one tone control knob. // 7

Sound: The style of music I play is heavy metal, and I usually write my own stuff but I will do covers of Metallica, Megadeth, and some Iron Maiden. The guitar works really well for solos because of it having 24 frets. I use it on a Crate FXT30 Amp and I use it with a Line 6 Uber Metal Distortion pedal, and a crybaby wah pedal as well. The sound of the guitar is really messy it does not work well on my amp with my distortion pedal and wah, unfortunately. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitars set up really well, everything was in place and working properly for a while. The only flaws when I bought it was that the strings needed changed but that's because I bought it from guitar center. So no real flaws when I bought it, but now it's having all kinds of problems. The pickup selector needed to get fixed because it would not work at all, and now the neck pickup is dead, luckily I put EMG's on my les paul and now I can put the original pickups from my les paul onto my BC Rich. So if you buy this guitar, be sure to get a new set of pickups eventually. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I would not attempt to play this guitar at a show, period. If my other pickup died I would definetly be screwed. The hardware, strap buttons and the finish on the guitar seems to be fine, it's just the electronics that are really screwed up on it. I would take a Squier Strat up on stage before I even thought about taking my BC Rich on stage with me. // 2

Overall Impression: As I mentioned before I play heavy metal music and this guitar would match my style if the electronics was a lot better. I have been playing guitar for about 9 years now and I also own an Epiphone Les Paul Standard guitar, and a BC Rich Warlock Bass, and an Ibanez SR305 Bass. If this guitar was stolen I would actually be happy because it takes up space just sitting in my room right now. I chose it because it looked cool, but as they say, never judge a book by it's cover... And finally, I just wish I had got the Les Paul first so I did not waste my time and money! // 2

Bronze Warlock Reviewed by: ShredGod George, on january 14, 2009

Features: I believe this guitar was made somewhere around 2004-5, Probably in china, It has 24 frets and an Extremely thin neck, something similar to an Ibanez neck, with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard, the body is alder, It has a polyurethane finish n black, which had small chips on the points when I got it, It has the Standard BC Rich warlock shape, which is fairly unique looking and more comfortable than it looks, It has a wraparound bridge that's difficlut to keep the action the right height on since the screws will slip and slide around. Causing the action to lower itself, it has passive, yet fairly high output BC Rich BDSM humbuckers, It has one volume and one tone knob the volume knobs Busted though so it's either all the way, or off the tuners are BC rich brand non-locking tuners and don't hold tune very well, you'd probably have to tune every 2 days. // 4

Sound: I play lots of everything,but only use this for thrash/groove metal and while the cleans on this guitar are abysmal, it's distorted tone is great, which is why someone would buy a guitar like this, I use a Crate V33 and Distortion pedal with this guitar and This will push the tubes in the amp to a heavy distortion pretty quick, it's not noisy, andhas a pretty dark tone, This guitar is pretty much good for one thing, Metal but it does it well. Though i'm thining about a Pickup swap to seymour duncans. // 6

Comments