Chuck Schuldiner Stealth review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Chuck Schuldiner Stealth

Price paid: € 822

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I mainly play Trashmetal and Deathmetal and this guitar is perfect for my needs, it has nothing more I need and none less, and everything this guitar has, they work as they should without any problem and makes playing confortable! The X2N pickup is great, its even hotter than an EMG 81 which I had in my older Jackson guitar. Pretty weird though... I had always thought that active pickups have more output than passive ones. Anyway, the sound of the pickup: clear distortion, very nice when playing fast palm muted riffs, its and agressive sound, not muddy at all! Noisy? NO! Very quiet pickup. It does what it should do: lot of distortion but no feedback at all! But the harmonics from the amp (the "good feedback") ring very nicely! The guitar is meant for metal music, so rockplayers don't bother at all. If you play trash, death, or the good old heavy metal, this is your guitar!

As i have said, I play Trash- and deathmetal and this guitar is a perfect match! I have been playing for about 8 years now and I own also a Gibson Les Paul V.O.S. -58 guitar, Modified Jackson Dinky guitar, Marshall Super Lead Plexi amp, Bugera 6262 (People, the stereotypes about bugeras are WRONG, they are AWESOME amps!), Marshall Mg 100w combo and a Roland Cube 60 watt combo. If this guitar would be stolen, I would hunt that son-of-a-***** down and get it back after beating the heck out of that guy. What do I love about it? Everything! At first I hated the way neck dived but I got used to it. My favorite feature on this guitar is probably the neck, its not thin, but its not very fat either. Somewhere in between, and BC Rich nailed the shape! Very easy access to upper frets and no string buzz at all! Very nice guitar, probably the best guitar I have ever owned!

Will this guitar withstand live playing? YES! Very nicely! I love to play this guitar live! The hardware seems pretty solid, except that the volume knob is not that sure thing... I haven't got any problems yet but I have had it for only a couple of months. Strap buttons are very solid! They will hold, I don't use straplocks on this guitar, the strap buttons are good enough which come with the guitar. I would definetly use this guitar on a gig without a backup, its very reliable!

The action was pretty much nailed when I got the guitar. I had nothing else to do but tune it when I got it. Pickup was adjusted pretty well also. So far I have not found any flaws on anything else but that it gets scratchy pretty easily and the guitar is not very well balanced, the neck will dive. At first its very annoying but after a while you get used to it. Nut is well cut and the tuning pegs are not loose at all!

I guess it was made in 2009, in Korea. (Don't you people EVER say that Korean guitars are bad quality, check this guitar out and you will know!) It has 24 Jumbo frets on an ebony fingerboard, 25.5/8 scale. The neck amazed me when I finally got this guitar, its phenomenal! perfect for my needs! Neck trough body, Alder body. (not sure about the necks wood, bc rich page says only that its mahogany or maple, I guess its maple because of the weight, not sure though)The black finish is great, it can get scratches easily though... Wrap around tailpiece bridge is also just awesome! This bridge became my favorite one instantly! One passive DiMarzio X2N pickup and one volume knob for it. Non locking mini rotomatic tuners are also very stable!

Bxesparty
    whats with all the hate about bc riches being shitty? you guys think that every other company has some shitty made guitars? besides, its not that bad, its features are kind of basic but you don't need all the fancy features to have an awesome guitar. imo floyd rose tremolo, etc are a pain in the ass to setup, i prefer fixed bridges because its easier to change string etc. so stop the hate.
    Kingkilla
    Setting the record straight: I just played one of these today. Not for everyone, but if this is what you are after, get it. The DiMarzio X2N is great on this guitar. For the people (including GW mag) who naysay using this guitar though a tube amp: I ran it through a Diezel Herbert using each channel: channel 2 was best: I think the tube amps need u to back off the bass and up the mids: NO MID SCOOPING, or this axe sounds lousy. Been playing over 20 years, and while a ten may be too much, I can say this is the best import I've played, but will of couse need new tuning pegs if it were mine.....
    Chaos_AD
    This guitar sounds great! I'm a huge Death fan and it sounds so close to Chucks actual sound as I can get. I picked one up for 200 the other day off a friend who needed cash, and I think it's a good guitar. The only major flaw it is the fact that it's VERY top heavy, but playing a Jackson RR2 for years that doesn't really bother me. The neck is rather fat, but it's not too bad. Not a perfect 10 guitar (in my opinion only an ESP AX-400 can get a perfect 10) but nether the less an 7 or 8, at a stretch a 9.