DLXJRVO Deluxe Jr. V review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: DLXJRVO Deluxe Jr. V

I play metal, so this guitar is perfect for that. It looks a bit more brutal than to my liking because of the "beast" headstock. I use a Peavy Vypyr 75, so I probably don't get same tone that I would with a tube amp, but it sounds great through it so I'm happy. It has a very rich sound, and I can get the thrash metal tone I like with it. The EMG don't have that much versatility, I am thinking about changing them.

This guitar is a great match for metal. I have been playing for around 5 years, and this is my first guitar with a Floyd Rose and I love it! I compared it to various Jackson's and ESP's but this one had all of the features I wanted pretty much. If it were stolen, I would probably buy it again, but I might look around for another one like it. I love that it has the jack on the back of the body because the other V I have has it is inside the bottom wing so it's hard to play sitting down without a right angled cable. I wish it had different pickups, and that is all.

I haven't played live with it yet but it seems pretty solid, and has strong hardware. The strap buttons are very solid, the strap I have on it is new so holes are tough to get off. The finish is good too. I would probably bring a backup just because it has a Floyd Rose.

The action was great when I got it, I could play it fine right out of the case, it just needed a quick tuning. The finish and everything was to my liking. The only flaws were a few tiny paint smudges, but nothing too noticeable and one of the fine tuners was a bit loose but it's fine now.

- Made in Korea - 24 jumbo frets - 25.5" scale - Maple neck; with abalone binding - Ebony fretboard - Nato (Eastern Mahogany) body; V shaped with abalone binding - Original Floyd Rose tremolo - Active EMG 81-85s - 2 volumes, 1 tone, three way pickup selector - Grover Tuners, locking nut (43mm) - "Beast" headstock; with abalone binding - I had to buy a case for it, I got a Coffin Case

RetroGunslinger
    BC Rich are making some fantastic guitars now for the price especially in the 400-1000 range, the cheap ones are still pretty poor though, and people seriously need to realise that amps make a far greater difference to your sound than guitars, too many people are buying expensive guitars and playing them through spiders and mgs and the like, a cheap guitar through a good amp will sound 5x better than a good guitar through a spider or mg or watever
    SSampuser68
    If you eq any amp correctly, it will sound fine. Sure a line 6 spider doesn't have have the tonal potential of an all tube amp, but you give me about an hour messing with the amp's eq and I can make a spider 3 sing! About the BC Rich, I've owned my share of their guitars, and the only good guitars of their's are the ones that are in the 500 plus dollar range. Their low end guitars are suited better for the gigantic paper weight role rather than the go-to guitar role for playing.
    Tango616
    Neckthrough, 24 frets, Ebony fretboard, OFR, jack on the back and not on the bottom horn (it's a plus), bound body, neck and headstock with abalone, EMG's 81/85 and grover tuners, these go for 600 on Ebay, what's not to like. Seems like a steal, with all the features alone this guitar should be in the $800+
    DistantUtopia
    there's a reason why spider amps are so popular you know. not every single person who owns one is an idiot. i've tried my spider IV 150 head against a lot of other amps and I still prefer it, even over the upper end peaveys, bogners, and mesa boogie's. There's really nothing wrong with them, especially the higher end ones. It's all about preference.
    Zan595
    Spider amps aren't so bad for garage band practices and learning. Is the tone phenomenal? No. Is it the best tone someone learning or on a budget can get? Definitely. For the price, the Line 6 Spiders are great. It seems like people without these just like to bandwagon and bash on them for the sake of it. I used a Spider IV until I could save up enough to get my Peavey 6505+, and guess what? I still practice with the Spider, I keep my other set up at home until it's time for gigs, far too big to lug around all the time. I'm not understanding the hate.
    mydian
    OMG a spider doesn't sound as good as an amp that cost 2 to 3 times as much! It sucks now! /end sarcasm. For the price, the only amp that is a little better is a Vyper.