DLXJRVO Deluxe Jr. V review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: DLXJRVO Deluxe Jr. V

Being a full blown metal head this guitar is perfect for most anything I do. I play it through a 75w Spider IV and even then I still get pretty decent tone. Not to mention with the neck through body and ebony fretboard the sustain goes on for days. The only thing I don't care for is the EMG's, the guitar sounds a bit thin, I'm thinking blackouts if I stay active, or if I go passive using some Bareknuckle UK Painkillers. But otherwise this guitar has a sick nasty growl and is extremely clean.

For metal this is an amazing guitar, not so much for anything cleaner or milder but great for anything with high gain. With about four years of playing I've owned Schecter, Cort, Fender, Fernandez, B.C. Rich, and a few generic brands I don't even consider guitars and I've decided that I'm going with B.C. Rich for everything, and if this guitar was stolen I would most certainly look to replace it with the same guitar, or atleast another nice B.C. Rich. I was looking at the ESP EC-1000, Schecter hellraiser, and Ibanez and this one stood out, I loved the playability, the look, and the fact I've already had good things from B.C. Rich.

I'm not saying I intentionally abuse my instruments but I do travel a lot and go through a lot of gigs, and none-the-less this guitar has been solid, I would depend on this guitar for most everything, although I'd probably bring my Warlock as a back up, you know locking trems... The finish is also wonderful, although it shows fingerprints after a while the black and and abolone binding looks dead sexy, and the guitar as a whole looks pretty evil during a metal gig.

I got the guitar from a friend who didn't quite know what he was doing, so I was able to attribute all issues to him, although I've gotten all of them fixed and as far as playability goes I couldn't ask for anything better on the action or trem settings. The only flaw here is my hand likes to stick to the finished neck more so than a straight wood neck.

This guitar is phenomenal. Original floyd rose tremolo, ebony fretboard, abolone binding inlays and knobs, grover tuning machines, neck through design, and EMG 81/85 pickups.

MaggaraMarine
    HoddiDarko wrote: EpiExplorer wrote: Spider strikes again.. The undeserved Spider flame strikes again. Spiders are not the top of the line, but there is nothing wrong with them as practise amps. Belive me, I have had a Spider and now I have a Mesa and a Marshall. I wouldn't buy a spider now, but when I had the amp, I was satisfied and learned a lot about amps. Its a great thing for all beginners to learn about some effects, what they do and see if you are actually going to use any of them for the music you play. And who says a review can't be based on a Spider? Anyways, this guitar looks pretty badass. I wouldn't buy it but I sure can imagine why many people do. But this review is also glorifying the guitar a bit too much. I would be suprised if the guitar is that perfect to have so many 10's.
    This. But I don't like Spiders because 1. too many features to tweak (I like more simple amps) 2. I don't like the Marshall tone emulation 3. the 2x12 version is too bassy and muddy 4. it doesn't cut through the mix well and 5. it lacks the "presence", the "feel" of the amp. But why are we talking about Spiders here? This is a guitar review, not an amp. And I think people can review a guitar through a Spider and I think they have played the guitar through more amps than just Spider. But of course 10/10 reviews are not helpful, nor are 1/10 reviews.
    OddKnee
    Anyone know what type of case will fit this guitar?
    redorc
    I bought a Coffin Case at the same time I bought this guitar. Later I also bought a Rockbag RB 20621 B/PLUS to have a lighter bag to carry it to rehearsals.