DLXJRVO Deluxe Jr. V Review

7.9
 2,699
reviews (3) pictures (3) 67 comments vote for this gear:
DLXJRVO Deluxe Jr. V Reviewed by: DLXJRVO, on october 15, 2010

Features: This guitar is perfect for metal! It has 24 jumbo frets on an ebony fretboard. The neck wood is maple and the body is Nato (Eastern Mahogany). The guitar has neck thru construction, Active EMG Pickups (81 and 60), Original Floyd Rose Tremolo, Grover tuners, and an Abalone outline around the V and on the Knobs. The guitar has two volume and 1 tone knob. One thing about the knobs is that the Top knob is the Bridge Pickup and the middle knob is the Neck Pickup. One of the only cases that this guitar can fit in is a Coffin Case bass case so be prepared to have a big case. // 10

Sound: The guitar is perfect for metal! I play through a Line 6 75 Watt Spider Jam amp and it has a nice heavy tone. The guitar can sound good on just about any setting, but sounds best on a heavy distortion setting. In order to get a great clean sound you need to turn down the volume and turn the tone knob all the way down, otherwise you'll get a crunch sound on a clean setting. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought the floor model from guitar center and the action was pretty good, it could have been lower but it was playable. The EMG's did need a new battery but that's only because they're active pickups. After having the guitar set up the action was super low and the Floyd Rose was able to do dive bombs without coming untuned. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar will withstand live playing although I would bring a backup guitar just because if you break a string on the Floyd Rose you're done for. The strap buttons are in a comfortable spot (I put strap locks on mine just in case but you really don't need them) and the input jack is on the back side of the V, unlike a Rhoads where it's inside the V. The finish has lasted me so far and I play 7+ hours a day. The only thing about the finish is that it shows fingerprints because of the gloss black finish, so bring a cloth to gigs to wipe it down. // 10

Overall Impression: I play Metal and this is one of the best matches for me because I love playing on V shaped guitars. I've been playing for about two years now and if this guitar were stolen I would hunt it down until I found it. I absolutely love everything about this guitar! I had compared it to the Jackson RR3 Rhoads, Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6, and the Schecter Blackjack ATX C1 FR and I found this guitar to be the best for me. // 10

DLXJRVO Deluxe Jr. V Reviewed by: asmithgdci, on august 17, 2011

Features: - Made in Korea - 24 jumbo frets - 25.5" scale - Maple neck; with abalone binding - Ebony fretboard - Nato (Eastern Mahogany) body; V shaped with abalone binding - Original Floyd Rose tremolo - Active EMG 81-85s - 2 volumes, 1 tone, three way pickup selector - Grover Tuners, locking nut (43mm) - "Beast" headstock; with abalone binding - I had to buy a case for it, I got a Coffin Case // 9

Sound: I play metal, so this guitar is perfect for that. It looks a bit more brutal than to my liking because of the "beast" headstock. I use a Peavy Vypyr 75, so I probably don't get same tone that I would with a tube amp, but it sounds great through it so I'm happy. It has a very rich sound, and I can get the thrash metal tone I like with it. The EMG don't have that much versatility, I am thinking about changing them. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was great when I got it, I could play it fine right out of the case, it just needed a quick tuning. The finish and everything was to my liking. The only flaws were a few tiny paint smudges, but nothing too noticeable and one of the fine tuners was a bit loose but it's fine now. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I haven't played live with it yet but it seems pretty solid, and has strong hardware. The strap buttons are very solid, the strap I have on it is new so holes are tough to get off. The finish is good too. I would probably bring a backup just because it has a Floyd Rose. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar is a great match for metal. I have been playing for around 5 years, and this is my first guitar with a Floyd Rose and I love it! I compared it to various Jackson's and ESP's but this one had all of the features I wanted pretty much. If it were stolen, I would probably buy it again, but I might look around for another one like it. I love that it has the jack on the back of the body because the other V I have has it is inside the bottom wing so it's hard to play sitting down without a right angled cable. I wish it had different pickups, and that is all. // 9

DLXJRVO Deluxe Jr. V Reviewed by: alexskolnick13, on december 09, 2011

Features: This guitar is phenomenal. Original floyd rose tremolo, ebony fretboard, abolone binding inlays and knobs, grover tuning machines, neck through design, and EMG 81/85 pickups. // 8

Sound: Being a full blown metal head this guitar is perfect for most anything I do. I play it through a 75w Spider IV and even then I still get pretty decent tone. Not to mention with the neck through body and ebony fretboard the sustain goes on for days. The only thing I don't care for is the EMG's, the guitar sounds a bit thin, I'm thinking blackouts if I stay active, or if I go passive using some Bareknuckle UK Painkillers. But otherwise this guitar has a sick nasty growl and is extremely clean. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I got the guitar from a friend who didn't quite know what he was doing, so I was able to attribute all issues to him, although I've gotten all of them fixed and as far as playability goes I couldn't ask for anything better on the action or trem settings. The only flaw here is my hand likes to stick to the finished neck more so than a straight wood neck. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I'm not saying I intentionally abuse my instruments but I do travel a lot and go through a lot of gigs, and none-the-less this guitar has been solid, I would depend on this guitar for most everything, although I'd probably bring my Warlock as a back up, you know locking trems... The finish is also wonderful, although it shows fingerprints after a while the black and and abolone binding looks dead sexy, and the guitar as a whole looks pretty evil during a metal gig. // 10

Overall Impression: For metal this is an amazing guitar, not so much for anything cleaner or milder but great for anything with high gain. With about four years of playing I've owned Schecter, Cort, Fender, Fernandez, B.C. Rich, and a few generic brands I don't even consider guitars and I've decided that I'm going with B.C. Rich for everything, and if this guitar was stolen I would most certainly look to replace it with the same guitar, or atleast another nice B.C. Rich. I was looking at the ESP EC-1000, Schecter hellraiser, and Ibanez and this one stood out, I loved the playability, the look, and the fact I've already had good things from B.C. Rich. // 9

Comments