Doc Murdock Warlock Review

manufacturer: B.C. Rich date: 11/27/2009 category: Electric Guitars
B.C. Rich: Doc Murdock Warlock
The Doc Murdock Warlock is the July 2003 edition of BC Rich's popular Body Art Collection.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.3
 7.3
 7.9
 6.7
reviews (3) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Doc Murdock Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 16, 2005

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Features: Decent enough. Dual humbuckers, tone and volume controls. An overall good fisrt impression. 24 frets. Looks sweet. // 6

Sound: This is not a very versitale guitar. Sounds great with metal like Metallica and Ozzy, but the sound is rather heavey and when you play stuff like Nirvana, Green Day, Led Zeppelin, and Blink 182. This is meant for metal, but it does ok with other types if you can tollerate the heavey sound. I give it a three overall, but if you just play metal, it can't be beat. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar played like a Fender. It was smooth, easy, and didn't have much string vibration. It's light but badly balanced. Hoever, it's put together like a piece of crap! It fell apart after just two months. I expected a lot better. // 4

Reliability & Durability: Maybe I got a dud. The plug fell right out of it and broke to pieces. I tried to put it back together myself, but that failed. The nearest repair center is 50 some miles away, so now it's just sitting in my room collecting dust. I've had a Squier for more that a year and a half and it plays just like the day I got it. // 2

Overall Impression: This guitar was a bad choice because it is meant for metal. I play a wide variety of music, so it didn't work out too well. It fell apart after just two months. If you play all metal, don't expect it to last more than a few days! Don't waste your money. If you need a guitar in this pricerange, buy a Squier. You won't regret it. Otherwise, save your money for a Fender. My advise to you: don't bother. This is a mediocre guitar. // 4

Doc Murdock Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 28, 2004

Purchased from: local music store

Features: - 24 frets - 1 volume knob - 1 tone knob - 3-way Switch - String thru body - Black hardware - Rosewood fingerboard/diamond inlays // 8

Sound: I play a lot of metal and this guitar is perfect for that. I use it thru a Roland cube-30 and its sound awesome. The clean doesn't really sound clean. This guitar is more for punk/rock, metal. B\.C\. Rich certainly does not made these guitar for play country songs. The sound is really good with distorsion but like I said before, the clean is not that good. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is very easy to play. Nice action on the neck. I never had a probleme with this guitar yet. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I never play a gig with it but I would do one without a backup for sure. If you treath the guitar well, the hardware would last a lifetime. You can really depend on this guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar really match my style of music(metal, punk/rock, rock). If it were stolen I would defenitly buy another one the same day. At first I wasn't sure wich one to buy, the boris beast, or this one. I try both of them and this one is way more comfortable. // 10

Doc Murdock Warlock Reviewed by: tully29, on november 27, 2009

Purchased from: Cash Generator

Features: - made in china july 2003 - 24 frets Thin rosewood fretboard Diamond inlays - laminated top with amazing (Doc Murdock) skull and bones graphics - warlock body style - String thru-body - 1 volume control 1 tone control 3-way pick-up selector - B.C Rich Pick-ups neck and bridge // 10

Sound: This guitar suits metal and clean metal it can play stuff from Black Sabbath to pantera to Slipknot, I use a Randall RG100 and a Zoom G2.1u suits it great. It is best for low tuned songs such as moment of truth(damageplan) but with the right settings you can get a varied sound buti don't recommend it for the more relaxed guitarist. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought the guitar it was second hand (and a great find I doubt the shop knew what they had) but the set-up was fine I just tuned it to my own needs. The pick-ups needed an ajustment and so did the bridge The only flaw is that it is chipped at the bottom. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Mine has withstood four moving vans and crazy ex-girlfriends, the hardware hasn't failed me so far and I've had it for two years now, the strap button is as solid as the day I got it. It is a very dependable guitar I doubt I'd ever need a backup while playing Live but would still take one, the finish may wear and tear after a few years but thats why we are careful. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal so it's a great match and I've been playing for five years now of which I've had two ESP's (Explorer, M-50), a Westfield Explorer and a Dean mlx and they all pretty much suck compared to this, even though they are good guitars. I love everything about this guitar except that it doesn't have a Floyd Rose and I havn't met anyone with the same guitar. Overall if you love metal of the heavy kind this is the guitar for you. // 10

Comments