Handmade USA Jr. V review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Handmade USA Jr. V

Purchased from: BC Rich Custom shop

Oh man. Unholy hell. This is how a metal guitar should sound. The EMG pup are not everyons thing but my Jackson KV2 has passives in is so I wanted some actives it one. The emgs scream through my jsx. I think peoples problem with emgs comes from using the wrong strings. Use ernie balls not de addarios. The nickel in the balls works with the emgs better. The attack on this guitar is f--king brutal. Its alot darker sounding that my Jackson but in a good way.

Well for metal this is the axe of champions. In 10 years of playing guitar this is the best overall guitar I've ever played. My Jackson sounds a little better imo but the neck is so flawless that it makes up for it. My Peavey JSX sounds like a Monster with this thing blazing through it. If it were stolen I would hunt down the person who took it and give them the Blood Eagle (look that one up). I would then get my guitar back and with thier money I would buy a 2nd one. You Gibson lovers don't know what your doing. You say your guitar is ok at playing everything but I say its halfass at playing everything. And they don't do metal near as well as this Monster. The active Pups limit the guitar to metal but I didn't buy this thing to play some shit emo rock or light jazz or blues. I got this thing to play metal and that's all it dose and is all I want it to do. BEST MADE GUITAR EVER.

This has now replaced my KV2 as my main guitar. I've played it live about 10 times and I have no worries about using it for 40 yeas down the road that's how well this guitar is made. I had strap locks orderd on it so the strap buttons are great. I still keep my KV2 as my 2nd guitar and my V blade as a backup because the Floyd Rose is a pain to restring in a hurry but that's just life. I've bashed it a few times on mic stands and the finish took it like a champ. This guitar will be working for 40 years down the road so no worries about it.

The guitar came set up prety good from B.C. Rich. This is the best setup from the factory I have ever seen. I still had to lower the action but that was from shipping across the country. The pups were set just right and the Bridge routing was flawless. Even my KV2 was not as flawless as this. The finish looks great with the dark alblone binding on the white. My other guitars are black so I wanted a white one and it looks flawless. I can't find a flaw anywere on it. B.C. Rich handmades are one of the best looking and crafted guitars I've ever seen

This is a guitar with features. It was made in 2010 in the USA. Its 24 jumbo frets with a ebony fretbord. Its white with albalone binding around the body and head stock and white binding around the neck. The body is alder and the neck is 5ply mapel. Its the Jr V style Body witch is like a king v but the wings are closer together. It has a orginal Floyd Rose witch is the best Bridge ever. It has emgs with 2 volume and one tone nob. The nobs have albalone in the top of them. It has grover tuners and a locking nut. These are what I chose on this B.C. Rich offers anything you want on their handmades so this is my personal choice. All B.C. Rich handmades come with a fitted hardcase.

Zan595
    meticadpa wrote: 1.) Awful spelling and grammar makes it hard to take what someone is saying seriously; if you can't write a sentence that a competent 10-year-old should be able to write with no difficulty, why should we pay attention to anything you're saying about something which costs $3,000? It's not the point about it being the internet - there's no reason for borderline illiteracy anywhere. If you didn't give a **** about it, you wouldn't be replying in that caustic manner, either. 2.) Too many 10s for something you admit another guitar does better; I'm not sure what you think a 10 actually means, but it means perfection, as in, it cannot get any better. 3.) "lacked a ebony fretbord." Where do I begin? It should be "an" and it also should be "fretboard." If you want us to take things seriously, you should maybe be able to spell the parts of the guitar you're talking about, and besides, there's nothing wrong with rosewood as fretboards; many people (including myself, and numerous artists) prefer it. 4.) LOL YOUR PROFILE IS FUNNY
    jeffmetalhead
    Spell check, punctuation, and grammar for ****s sake! 10/10 I doubt it. Go home and try again.
    pato15
    and at least i own or have owned the guitars i review. i dont just go into guitar center and play it throug a line 6 spider then think "oh dis guitarz is teh bestests ever" before you ****s start talking shit you should go out and buy a high quility guitar insted of siting on you 13 year old ass and flaming people on the internet I dunno about those high "quillity" guitars man especially when they have the BC Rich logo on them... now high quality guitars like Gibsons are another thing. You do realise that the shape of your guitar was basically copied from the GIBSON flying v? I'm just saying...
    I<3Gibson
    and i actualy played a gibson i liked the other day. it was a modded 84 flying v with a ofr and a locking nut. it was pretty good. so yes i will eat my words. my Rich still has the best neck ive ever played on and the gibby sitll lacked a ebony fretbord.
    meticadpa
    valennic
    hawk6611 wrote: go play a USA bc rich. then come back and talk about your gibson. and i could give a **** about my spelling and grammar. this is the god damn internet not a ****ing job app
    It's called common courtesy when you're posting your words all over the internet. It helps other people to understand what you're trying to say better.
    I<3Gibson
    and at least i own or have owned the guitars i review. i dont just go into guitar center and play it throug a line 6 spider then think "oh dis guitarz is teh bestests ever" before you ****s start talking shit you should go out and buy a high quility guitar insted of siting on you 13 year old ass and flaming people on the internet and think you Mydian. it is a nice axe you should get one its worth the money
    sirriffsalot
    This review has face amp written all over it... fail fail fail fail!!! No guitar in the world can strike a perfect 10, and custom guitars made to the reviewers standards in my opinion should NOT be up for review. They are one-sided and obviously going to be given high marks. Plus, I can think of more important things to spend $3000 on... like a good car, or a home... or a life!!! Oh, and btw.. your grammar sucks awkward turtle baby balls. In short... you failed the UG critizism test! You have been BAN HAMMERED!!!
    jeffmetalhead
    hawk6611 wrote: i can understand prefering rosewood boards but most people who want a shred guitar like ebony. its less sticky and i think it looks better. and just like some people hate neck binding i like it. and yes i gave the custom bc rich a 10. i think the jackson sounds better but this ones playability is alot better so that makes up for a little diffrence in sound. and i am not from the usa orginaly i am from norway so stop ****ing with my grammer you god damn grammer nazis
    Oh no...he mention the Nazis. It was only a matter of time before someone mention Hitler or Nazis
    pato15
    @hawk6611, just wondering, but r u one of those people who only likes a guitar if it has an OFR or any other locking trem? I have an Ibanez reverse headstock with a locking trem, so its not like im hating on locking trems like an old fart... but still
    I<3Gibson
    naa i just dont like the tune o matic. my ibanez v blade has a cool non trem bridge that i love.
    I<3Gibson
    sirriffsalot: you threats have gone un answered sir. you can buy a custom bc rich to so it is up for review. they just dont make hundreds upon hundreds of cookie cutter USA guitars. yes their low end guitars suck shit. but if you pay more than 500$ for a bc rich you get a great guitar. if you pay more than 2 grand you get a flawlessly crafted masterpeice.
    Zan595
    ^Maybe if you want to convince somebody that YOU aren't 13, you should learn how to spell...
    dale-banez
    Sakke wrote: Have you read his review of the Jackson KV2? He pretty much does the same in those reviews too. Just the things that you listed don't belong to interviews at all.
    Yes, I have. I'm almost convinced UG is trolling us.
    Bezza27
    This is a review tha deserves 10/10. It's a custom. Made to the reviewers standards
    Enix165
    GibsonMan321 wrote: Why is there a review for a guitar that there's only one of in the world? There is no point. Also, the strings do not make any difference in the sound, especially with EMG's.
    Iunno, man, I find D'Addarios sound a LOT better than Ernie Balls(less of that overly-twangy tone, it only lasts about an hour on D'Addarios but with Ernie Balls it stays for a good week or longer, and the strings are dying by then), and I think .12s sound a lot fuller/ballsier/less tinny than .9s. xD Anyways, Iunno if I'd trust this review(it's Knobs, not nobs, and I think Gibsons can be great for metal, if you think I'm nuts go listen to 70s Judas Priest or Black Sabbath...), but if you like it, that's all that matters!
    ProgFolk12
    Epirechaun694
    "Gibson lovers" love Gibson for a reason, and it sure as hell ain't metal. I know this guitar probably handles metal better than a Gibson, because that's what it's made for. You can't just pick up any guitar and expect it to be able to play every genre perfectly. This guitar is probably terrible for blues and classic rock, which Gibsons excel in. And I agree with ProgFolk12, there really should at least be a spell check or something on UG. Until they get that addressed, please people, know your grammar and spelling.
    GibsonMan321
    Hail
    EMGs and Ernie Balls...not even specifying the model of EMGs. And you admit that your other guitar is superior in tone, still giving it a 10/10. UG continues to amaze me. Even with $3k people go with EMGs and BC Rich.
    I<3Gibson
    thers is not just one of them in the world. the jrv is a bc rich model. this is just the stuff that came on the one i have made. i played alot of strings on the Emgs and i found i like Ernie balls sound the most on them. i like d'addarios on my passive jackson more than the Ernie balls. 70 priest used fender man.
    BlackDeath92
    ProgFolk12 wrote: ^ Still doesn't make it perfect. I expect people who spend $3k on a guitar to be incredibly picky. I mean I understand the reviewer is happy but come on, it's not going to do EVERYTHING PERFECTLY. Also, the quality of spelling, punctuatuion and grammar is rather poor. No offense to the reviewer if it's not his first language or anything but I think if people are going to write reviews like this they need to be up to a certain standard. Sorry to sound like a prick.
    You're absolutely correct. I have a problem trusting a review that has tons of spelling and grammatical errors in it. It makes the reviewer look stupid. Also, I'd be incredibly picky too if I were going to drop $3K on a BC Rich! A perfect 10 seems off.
    AcousticMetal99
    if you're going to spend $3k, why not spend less, go with a Hufschmid, and get something which IS made to virtual perfection? Even the pickups are hand-wound to the user specs! And I agree, poor spelling & grammar is annoying. But I'd say it is a nice guitar, for metal.
    dale-banez
    Sakke
    dale-banez wrote: My head is spinning with all the idiocy in this review. The senseless bashing, the metal elitism, the unrelenting typos, and an underlying current of ignorance to pull it all together.
    Sakke
    Active pups don't make the guitar narrowed to any genre, your amp can do that and the sound you want does that too.
    I<3Gibson
    i like how nothing but my spelling errors and my gibson hate is the olny thing you people can point out. sakke i dont like how active pups sound on anything els but metal. my kv2s passives sound better playing jazz or blues and my buddys stock hamer super strat sounds better than it. and i am very picky when it comes to guitars. thats why i got the damn BC Rich. Acoustic ive never herd of hufschmid. are they good and do they make a V
    markelijah
    style Body witch is like a king v but the wings are closer together. It has a orginal Floyd Rose witch is the best Bridge ever. annoying, "which" not "witch" shithead