Ironbird One review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Ironbird One

Purchased from: Music Inn

I found, after a whole year of this being my main guitar that the best way to make it sound great is to have a higher gauge string on it, for example don't even bother with 9's or 10's for that matter, instead I recommend 11's or even better 12's. I mainly used The Line 6 Spider 3 amps, both 30 watt version and 150 watt version, the guitar sounded amazing on the insane setting. Pickups are good enough to use live, as I did for a year but don't even think this thing will do a nice clean chord bassed song, no chance, it must be meaty and full of power chords and stuff like that in order to cope. Overall this guitar is most suited for heavy rock and metal but you can brave punk if you dare. 7 due to its lack of versatility of songs it can achieve.

When I had this guitar I was all about heavy rock and metal, meaning I was always on 12 gauge strings in B tuning so that suited perfectly, but then I moved onto more blues and jazz so I had to change guitars but kept this one as well. This guitar was used for a year solid, before this I used a Fender Strat Squire for a year, used this guitar for a year and now I use a Vintage V-100 mostly but I also have my Ibanez RG350EX. The thing I love about this guitar is the appearance, I was lead guitar for my group at the time and this guitar just radiates lead guitarishness:P If this guitar was good at a wider variety of music and had a Floyd Rose trem system then I would still have it but sadly I got rid of it so that I could get my Ibanez RG350EX.

This guitar lasted a year of live playing from me but throughout this I had the same problem, the contact point for the jack input easily comes out of place and that leads to bad connection, which results in crackling every time you move with a cable, so unless your on wireless or wrap the cable about 5 times round your strap then its unavoidable. The other problem with this guitar is where the strap buttons are, it was placed in such a place where the weight of the neck made it fall every time you let go of the neck. Other then that there are no problems with it. Both problems can be solved by adjusting the jack imput connector and by re positioning the strap button.

This guitar, put simply, turns heads, no doubt about it, but in order to carry it I had to use a Rosseti Bass carry case which was awkward. Everything was made to last, that much is obvious, no complaints about the tuning pegs being loose, the bridge is nicely set, intonation is no problem on the guitar. No Floyd Rose trem system though which is disapointing.

24 jumbo frets, scale size is 24 5/8. The neck is a really nice rosewood, even better if you use a cleaner like Fast Fret as the oils get the wood nice and healthy. Body is a sturdy basswood. Great iron bird cut away body, very nice to look at. Tune-O-matic bridge. 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob and 1 3-way toggle. Pickup model B.C. Rich B.D.S.M.

Tenguska
    AvernusAblaze
    why is everone going on about the shape? it may only be good for one genre. True. but let's face, check trey azagthoth with one ov the high end ironbird's and you'll see they are cool as **** for metal, and especially death.
    EpiExplorer
    Fail. Line6 is for n00bs. Fender bent your bender. Sort of
    EdweirdoG
    EpiExplorer : TheAbsentOne wrote: No, no, EpiExplorer. You forgot the important details! You set your ML-2 with everything set to it's highest, in front of your Line 6 Spider III on the insane setting, with your EQ all set to the max of ELEVEN, DA BR00TALZ METAL! Now you have Fail. Line6 is for n00bs. Fender bent your bender. Sort of
    Fail
    the2menis1
    ginger ninja102
    the2menis1 wrote: i don't have the best grammar in the world, i made an honest review about a guitar i did own and hopefully portrayed its strengths and weaknesses. this was to help people when they consider buying one.
    whyd u get rid of it?
    MetalmushaVin97
    The guitar is clearly built for metal. So if you want a guitar thats good for a different genre then go get it. for instance, a 335 is for jazz, a strat is for rock and pop and this is for metal. Besides,thios looks better than a razorback, Deans headstocks are gross.
    Priestfeast
    I was recommended this guitar by the person who helped me choose the perfect guitar for me under 300. He said his mate in his band played one, I didn't really fancy it as it had a harsh, heavy tone; good but not what I really wanted. I wanted a guitar that had a hard rock, classic metal tone so I picked the Dean MIchael Schenker Standard. I have only been playing for about two years and this was perfect for me. Anyway the Ironbird's shape also put me off getting it because I just find it really ugly no offence.
    rockmaster689
    Anyway the Ironbird's shape also put me off getting it because I just find it really ugly no offence. [/quote] Dude, what are you saying?
    rockmaster689
    [quote]Tenguska wrote: I keep seeing comments about the Ironbird being very similar to the Razorback by dean, and people bad mouthing it because it looks too much like the Razorback. Little do people know that the first Ironbird was made like 20 years before the Razorback was even designed.I like your style lol
    rockmaster689
    jannick wrote: cool name for a very ugly shit-designed guitar...
    You really need to get yourself a reality check
    rockmaster689
    cyanide02 wrote: But what about if you play metal? Review needs to be clearer *end sarcasm* lol.
    You idiot, this guitar was made for metal *end sarcasm*
    rockmaster689
    ErinDunne wrote: it looks like a retarded razorback lol
    Well, so do you but who`s complaining?