Kerry King V Generation 2 review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Kerry King V Generation 2

Purchased from: Mid Air Music

This was my first time using active pickups, and I wasn't disappointed. My music style is hard rock and metal, and through a Marshall, it suits those styles perfectly. It can be slightly noisy on the clean tone, as with all active pickups, but the neck pickup fixes this. The tone is overtly metal, which is good because it suits the guitar's image. You would look and sound stupid trying to play jazz licks on this.

I play rock/hard rock in my band, and metal at home, and this guitar is perfect for me. I own a Jackson KVX10, this and an Ibanez GRG07LTD-1. I have previously owned Deans, BC Richs, other Ibanezs, an LTD MW-600 and have played many guitars from Ibanez, Jackson, BC Rich, Gibson, Fender, ESP, Epiphone and Schecter. This BC Rich is the best BC Rich I've played and one of the best guitars I've ever played. I compared it to an LP Custom and a Dean Razorback at the store but I bought this on it's individuality, playability and tone, and I'm not disappointed.

This guitar will take live playing. If I took this guitar, it would be my main axe but, as I am a Kahler novice, I couldn't trust that everything would go right with it. I'd take my Jackson KVX10 as a backup. The finish is rock solid and lacquered so I can trust it, a few minor knocks around the house wouldn't hurt the finish too much.

This guitar has NO flaws whatsoever that I had noticed. The guitar was set up very well, the frets were low and wide to allow for low action, the pickups were adjusted perfectly and there were no blemishes on the finish. The tuning pegs on the headstock are very solid, whilst the fine-tuners at the Kahler are very smooth, as is the tremolo, which allows (even with dead-low action) me to pull up 4 or 5 frets on the tremolo.

It was made in 2009 in Korea. It has 24 ebony frets, a basswood body and a bolted on maple neck. The finish is Kerry King's new Generation 2 Tribal Graphics over flames that come on Kerry King's BC Rich handcrafted models. There are a set of BCRA active BC Rich pickups and a Kahler tremolo, with 2 volume and 1 tone. Tuners are non-locking BC Rich, and with this guitar I got a BC Rich molded hardcase.

DarkfnTemplar1
    Oxidation_Shed
    whencowsfart101
    Oxidation_Shed wrote: It's nice to see that you love your axe; but dude people try to find impartial advice on this site and just sticking the ratings up at 9 or 10 isn't helping anyone out. And no I'm not just assuming this is a shit guitar, I'm looking at the two reviews by you and the user rating for both of them. Try toning down your praise and actually evaluating them for what they are.
    Understandable, but I actually do think this guitar is worthy of a 9/10 at least.
    rishabhcv
    well i own this axe too.takes 1 hours to restring and then tune!!! badass!!! perfect for pantera and metallica stuff.BCRA are a bit more fat than passives.i like it go for it if it is your 1st or 2nd guitar.cheap and worth it.test before u play as i always say.
    J3ddN3r0
    Have to agree with that, I love mine and would agree it is the best guitar I've played!
    whencowsfart101
    B.C.R.A active pickups, they are active versions of the BDSM's.
    whencowsfart101
    stephen_rettie wrote: since you didnt specify which marshall im guessing its an MG rendering this review moot.
    Nope. It's a VS65R Valvestate, which is ok.
    addman22
    Tyler Durden wrote: this looks as bad as KK plays
    well y did u look at it , i think it is cool,the flames and the tribel its really cool and bc rich is a great guitar company if u find the right guitar the cheap bronze seris are bad,but if y get lucky and urs comes with some flaws like mine did (good flaws) u get a sweet guitar,my tuning nobs practicly lock in place so i dont have to worry about bumping into crap and haveing it go out of tune,and my puckups are th b,d,s,m pickups they sound good when u ajust them
    Northus
    omg,your impression is full of crap...jesus...liar...nhf....but full of shit
    whencowsfart101
    whencowsfart101 wrote: DarkfnTemplar1 wrote: I saw slayer two days ago, and KK used something that looked like this. The riffs sounded as expected but his tapping solos sounded worse. However, that can be attributed to a number of things. What pick ups are in it? B.C.R.A active pickups, they are active versions of the BDSM's.
    # KK's actual stage guitar is fitted with EMGs though.
    heminder
    i'm guessing the pickups are EMGs it's all i ever see the new metal guys playing