Kerry King V Generation 2 review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Kerry King V Generation 2

Purchased from: BAJAAO.com

I play metal, hard-rock mainly, but I play my favourite songs of all genre with it too. I am using Fender Mustang II with it, which gives heavy tone with high gain amp models, which fits into my style. It is not noisy at all, as you know, passives are more noisy than actives. It sounds heavier than anything with my Boss me-70. I don't have a tube amp. (I wonder how it will sound with it then. Full and fat sound with neck pickup. Crunchy with bridge pickup. Some crossroads, punk and blues can be played with it. For funk, you will have to do a lot of tweaking.

Perfect match for me! I have been playing for 2 years now. This is my first electric guitar, but I was accustomed to electric guitars before, as I used to play my friend's guitars earlier during gigs(I didn't have much bux to buy a great axe. I have a Fender Mustang II amp, roland ube 20xl and I have only one mfx processor me-70(daddy of all, son of gt-10, brother of pod hd 500, cousin of DigiTech rp500). I would buy it again if it gets stolen, as it stands out in crowd. It was the cheapest, had a trem, had active pickups, which no other guitar had in its range. FUlly loaded with all feature. Don't need something more.

This guitar has experienced heavy knocks and humid conditions. So it is good for live playing, if you are accustomed to Flying V shape. I think I will replace the kahler with a brand new 2300 series trem after 5 years. Strap buttons are heavy duty and well placed. Finish is reliable, as it is very well painted and polished.

The guitar was set up fantastically at the factory. Strings were rusted though. Action was a bit higher than my usual action(3mm higher). Properly bookmatched top was there too. Fret leveling was excellent. I didn't mind the loose tone knob, as I don't need it much(I fixed it by putting some support at back panel.

Made in China, 2010. 24 jumbo frets, ebony fretboard, 25.5" scale, beveled top, body wood-mahogany, fret wood-maple, bolt on neck(can be changed in future), adjustable truss rod, kahler x-trem bridge(can be use as fixed as well as floating bridge), locking nut-floyd rose type, Pickups: BC Rich Active Controls: 2 volume, 1 three-way toggle and 1 tone, hardware:black, Neck Radius: 12", Back of Neck: Painted, Nut Width: 43mm, Inlay: Custom Kerry King Inlay @ 12th Fret, Headstock Style: Beast, Headstock Color: Matching, Tuners: B.C. Rich Diecast. Cable, softcase, string winder, picks, microfiber cloth, allen keys, T-shirt as freebies from BAJAAO.com(uses 9V battery at back)