Kerry King V Generation 2 review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Kerry King V Generation 2

Purchased from: Sam Ash

My style is most definitely heavy metal. Being the Slayer fan that I am, this certainly got my attention (and a bit of the money in my wallet)! This guitar is perfect for the drop tuned heavy metal (specifically C#). Anyone can tell that once it gets plugged in, it's made for large amps. A small practice amp that I first tried made me realize that instantly. If it isn't running through a small amp, the sound is stellar.

- Perfect for heavy metal - Been playing for about 2 years. This is my second guitar. The first was a Dean ML X. - I wish I had this guitar before buying another guitar, although I love my ML. - I would absolutely buy the EXACT same one if it was lost/stolen. - I love everything about it. The tremolo took some adjustment, but besides that, it's a pretty solid guitar. I really love the fret less neck and the shape. I'm a huge fan of V's.

The guitar is a little heavy and 100% durable for any occasion. It can more than likely take a few bangs before breaking or cracking. I cannot see myself replacing the hardware anytime soon. The tuning actually stays in tune for LONG periods of time. I can depend on this with no backup, easily. It will last well into the future.

There were no flaws or mistakes what-so-ever.

- 2012 China - 24 Jumbo Frets, Basswood - Laminated top - Kerry King Double Tribal over Flames - Kahler X Tremolo - Active Electronic - 3 Way Switch, 2 Volume Knobs, 1 Tone Knob - BC Rich pick-ups - Locking tuners made by Kahler - Included gig bag and tools for tremolo

dirtfoot
    Minivirus2 wrote: Since when did Kerry start using Kahlers? Thought he used traditional Floyds...
    I agree. Hanneman played the Kahler.
    calstercal
    I've had this guitar for 2 years, I hardly play it anymore as I prefer my Les Paul Custom. It sounds beastly and feels brilliant to play. However, the locking nuts get stuck and I have to get pliers to pull them out (After unscrewing them). Another problem is no matter how tight you tighten the locking nut, strings always go out of tune, even though your suppose to be able to bend the bar like crazy, one nudge of it and it goes out of tune! It was a pain to restring & a pain to keep in tune, therefore I took the locks off and the bar out.
    swave75