Kerry King Wartribe 6 KKSS6WG Review

manufacturer: B.C. Rich date: 11/25/2011 category: Electric Guitars
B.C. Rich: Kerry King Wartribe 6 KKSS6WG
Playing metal, you can't go wrong here. This guitar sounds anything but generic! This guitar had the most features (to my liking) for the price.
 1,495
review (1) pictures (3) 28 comments vote for this gear:
Kerry King Wartribe 6 KKSS6WG Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 25, 2011

Purchased from: Beat Streat Music

Features: Construction: Neck Through Body Wood: Maple Top Style: Beveled Headstock Style: Beast Headstock Color: Color Matched Tuners: Grover Neck Wood: 3pc Maple Neck Radius: 12" Back of Neck: Painted same as body Nut Width: 43mm Fretboard: Ebony Inlay: Tribal Inlay Frets: 24 jumbo Factory Strings: .009 - .042 Scale: 25.5" Bridge Type: Kahler hybrid X-Tremolo Pickups: EMG 85 neck, 81 bridge Hardware: Black Finish: Trans black w/ tribal graphics (looks green to my eyes). // 9

Sound: Playing metal, you can't go wrong here. The EMG 81's get a bad wrap from time to time for being "generic" but, add that PA2 preamp and the solid maple body? This guitar sounds anything but generic! I tried plugging this into my Tube amp first. Sounded a little dry compared to the X2n in my other guitar until I engaged the PA2. With the PA2 on there was no need for my driver pedal. Next I plugged it into and old DigiTech 2101 I have and the impression was the same minus that the PA2 didn't have as much of an effect on the sound. More like a bit of brightness boost is all it sounded to me. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Here is where I have a bit of a problem. MADE IN CHINA. Need I say more? I have found a couple of (small) rough spots in the finish in obscure places. But, they are there. The string lock (nut) is a touch loose and makes an audible noise when using the tremolo. I believe it just wasn't glued down properly when they screwed it down. I don't use the tremolo bar and have the tremolo locked so, this isn't a problem. I'll remedy the problem when I change the strings for the first time. I'm not too impressed with from the factory action. Again, I'll fix that... SOON. Everything else (so far) seems flawless. // 5

Reliability & Durability: At this time I wouldn't take this guitar out to a live gig, it needs a good set up first. I'm not confident enough in it to trust it. The guitar is very solid and would probably be very dependable after its first trip to a good tech. I'm looking forward to that time. // 7

Overall Impression: I've been playing metal, neo-classical & hard rock for 20 years. This isn't my first Warlock (wartribe) so I knew basically what I was getting. If I could do over again, I would have asked what this thing weighed! Like a dumb ars I didn't think about the maple neck/maple body combo. This thing is HEAVY! I bet is easily outweighs my Charvel by 5-7 lbs. If this thing was lost or stolen, would I replace it?... Hmmmm... Probably. The manufacturing issues with it were kinda a let down though they aren't anything major. I love the features of this axe. PA2, Kahler tremolo, neck through... Luv it! I chose this guitar for its features/price. Rich, Jackson, ESP and Ibanez. I looked at new and used. I just haven't owed a new guitar in many, many years and decided it was time for something NEW. This guitar had the most features (to my liking) for the price. // 7

Comments