Kerry King Wartribe Guitar Pack review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Kerry King Wartribe Guitar Pack

Purchased from: Compact Music

As this is Kerry Kings's signature guitar, you would expect it to be more suited to metal, it is. The two BDSM pickups give some nice meaty distortion and some slicing leads tones. I run this guitar through a Dunlop Cry Baby, a Boss GT-8 and then through a 100 watt Fender Frontman and the resulting sound is excellent for the price paid for the guitar. I mainly have the pickup selecter in the bridge position and the sounds you want to make come through nice and clear. Unfortunaly some of the sounds you don't want to hear through your amp come through nice and clear as well, using this guitar close to a computer moniter produces shite loads of buzz from the magnetic feild, and using remote controls near it produces and 80's sci-fi effect. Thankfully you shouldn't find too many of these on stage so you shouldn't come into too much trouble. The neck pickup delivers and warm smooth feel, which is nice when you Switch over to clean, but isn't overly impressive when using Drive or distortion. This is a very aggressive guitar, so is not really suited to more 'sensible' styles of music, I also own a Strat which is far more suited to this style of music.

I've been playing metal now for about a year and a half and this guitar suits wonderfully, easilly able to compete with similar priced Jacksons or ESPs. If this guitar was stolen, I would think twice about buying a new one, but purly because I feel I have almost outgrown this one. If I did buy a new one, I would chose the model with the temolo attached. The thing that I love most about this guitar is it's look, the finish and body shape go really well together. This guitar will get you noticed on stage one way or another. The thing that I don't like about this guitar, is the quality of manufacture. Most of the screws on this guitar have had to be replaced over time. Overall this guiatar is pretty damn good for lower level intimediate players who are looking for something which delivers a nice sound and something which doesn't cost a fortune.

I have played a few Live sets with this guitar and it's not let me down. I do kick it about a bit, and as a result the finish has a few chips it here and there, but they were quite serious knocks, it can cope with noraml bangs and scrapes qutie happily. The master volume dial is begining to come lose after nearly a year and a half after purchase, however the master tone dial is fine. Going to a gig without a backup is just asking for trouble, but this guitar is reasonably dependable, the only thing that can really go wrong is a string snapping, but that can happen to anyone.

Straight out of the box this guitar sounded pretty good once I had tuned it, I didn't have all the toys I have now, but the action was nice and low, no fretbuzz and I've never had to touch the pickups. Being made in China, this guitar isn't exactly of the highest quality. The four screws holding the plate with the input socket on the bottom of the guitar have come lose several times and had to be replaced. Also the strap holders on the back of the body came out far to easily when I went to replace them with strap locks, and I suspect they may have come out of the body had I not noticed them.

Not completely sure when this guitar was made, but the sticker on the back of the headstock says it was made in China. This has 24 frets (25 1/2" scale) with a tribal inlay on 12th, the fretboard is made of rosewood with a canadian maple hard neck, which is bolted to the back of the body. The headstock is the BC Rich 'Beast' shape (two curved 'horns' in a 'u' shape as apposed to a 'w'). The body is a Warlock shape and made of basswood, so it's a bit on the heavy side. My model has a fixed bridge, although it is available with a Kahler Hybrid tremolo. It features two B.C. Rich BDSM pickups (both passive) which are controlled by master and volume tone dials located either side of a 3-way selcetor. Perhaps the most stiking feature of this guitar (aside from it's shape) is it's finish. It is black with red tribal flames (the design is continued on the headstock), which guartentee you to get noticed on stage, if you don't sound the best up there, you will certainly look the best with one of these round your neck. This guitar comes as part of a pack which also includes a soft case, lead, strap, picks and a poster of Kerry King.

wurzel1981
    1st. The thing with these mad shaped guitars is that although they look like the mutts nuts they need to be treated carefully or they pointy bits tend to break. Also you need to be le shredder extraordinaire or else you like a right C***
    grimshredder
    I have a B.C. Rich Warlock and i love it to death, but i would definitely get one of these....IF i had the money!
    metalhead_99801
    i wanna get one of the pro versions of this with the kahler and the emg's. that guitar woould kick sooooo much ass.
    raul_a7x
    Lol dude the made on china sticker has nothing to do with this. I own a Warlock as well and have used many other Bc Rich models like the Bich or the V and as far as im concerned ALL models have the Made In China sticker on the back of the headstock. The sound of these babies is pretty much amazing but i cant say im jealous my Warlock has got everything I need and the only difference with this one is the graphic and headstock.
    fenderbender111
    i have a b.c. rich mockingbird evil edge special edition. its awesome and my favorite guitar that i on. BUT. i am selling it. for an ibanez. cuz ibanez are god
    Macabre_Turtle
    The paint sucks on this thing.....It looks amazing when you get it, but I've had mine for just under a year And it has chips on each edge and tons of dents in the body, despite it never taking a serious beating. And I don't know if it's just me or not because I haven't played with too many guitars but I find the high frets (like 18 on) really hard to play on. Besides those too problems it's pretty amazing though.
    Stickmasta
    I have this guitar I love it to death I'm never getting rid of it I know there is a ton of better guitars out there, I'll probably get another one but this guitar just is excellent I think it sounds awesome Its easy to play plus it looks ****ing awesome!