Kerry King Wartribe Guitar Pack review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Kerry King Wartribe Guitar Pack

The pickups were a bit trebbly, so I got an EMG 81/85 configuration installed. Now it absolutely shreds. Even before, besides the trebbliness I couldnt realy complain-realy high output pickups that play metal. I play it through several amps with all different settings and it sounds great with them all, really agressive tone. The original pickups did have bit of feedback, but I think it also may have been my old amp, it was a 5 year old Ashton I bought quite literaly off the back of a truck. It has an alright variety of sounds. Anything metal/rock style is fine, but it can't do much with jazz/blues styles, and chords aren't the greatest, but I also use skinny top heavy bottom, which I heard can affect the chord sound, but I don't know the truth there. With the stock pickups: 8 for sound, with the EMGs: 10, but I will rate it for stock pickups.

I play metal: from Three Days Grace to bring me the Horizon, and it handles it all, and have been playing for 4 years. I own an Ashton GA100FX 212, a Zoom G1X, several Ernie Ball leads. I kind of wish I had compared it with the next model up which included a kahler, and seen whether the extra money would have been worth it, but for now I'm content with this guitar. If it were stolen, I would not replace it, simply for the sake of variety. I love everything about it: simplicity, Killer looks, and the easy playability (its quite light for the size). My favourite feature is looks for sure. I did compare it to other ESP and Ibanez, but I still prefered this for the price range. Like I said before, I do wish it had a kahler sometimes, but I still like the quick tuning just as much, because I tune to different down tunings all the time.

I'm pretty sure this guitar would withstand heavy Live playing, and the hardware would well and truly last. The strap buttons are good, but never gig without strap lockers. To be honest, I think I would use it without a backup; its realy solid, and has no Floyd Rose so there would be a veyr small chance of a string breaking.

From the shop it was great, except for the pickups selector Switch, which didn't work. Apparently this was the first case of this in the world according to the B\.C\. Rich factory. I also have had problems with the nut being worn away in the high E string slot. When I asked the guys at the shop they realy had no idea why this was happening and said they had never seen anything like it before... anyway I got it replaced and its awsome now. The finish is epic to say the least. Awsome flame graphics on a warlock guitar with a onyx background was a Killer for me.

Its body is Basswood (I find it to be a nice balance between high and low, with strong mids). It has a flame graphics top which extendeds to the headstock. The body style is the famous B\.C\. Rich warlock. It has a wrap around tune-o-matic bridge,2 B\.C\. Rich passive BSDSM humbucking pickups, 1 tone, 1 volume and a 3 way selector Switch. Bc rich black diecast tuners, and it comes with a gig bag, strap, poster, sweat band and picks. You may want a kahler/floyd rose, like the model up, but i prefered to non locking system for easy tuning.

nickofzo
    americablanco wrote: My friend bought this...but my Ibanez ownz it!
    doh!
    Killordie
    This warlock is awesome for the lower bass notes. Cool for playing headbanging riffs but I think it has some downsides to. I'll write a review on this guitar soon.
    necromancergt
    this one ain't that good... the Kerry King SIGNATURE Wartribe rocks... with EMGs...650$...