KKV Kerry King Signature review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: KKV Kerry King Signature

Purchased from: Lyana - Stein

It sounds like a real metal trashing piece of art. It couldn't be more like a metal sound. It's got the BC Rich sound alright, like it should. I use it with a Conquest 15 Watt amp and a DigiTech RP50 effects.

I play different styles of music. The guitar tells you to play all kinds of metal, not only because of the looks, but also its action character. I am happy that I bought this guitar, it's my first metal piece. I also own a Morgan guitar. This is a Fender Strat imitation. Plays also very good, but I bought the Warlock for the metal tabs. I wish it had a tremolo, I miss that. But without one it does play a bit faster, hm.

I haven't done live gigs, yet, so I can't determine whether it's good on stage. It doesn't really feels nice hangin around your neck because of the big headstock and back side strap buttons, so I would bring a backup guitar to a live gig.

This section should be given a full score. Besides the beautiful tribal painting on the body, is the Warlock model a very extreme and although an easy design. Especialy the headstock earns a lot of credit. The two humbucker pickups look alright. I'm not that specialst to decide whether they're alright or not. The maple neck feels nice and plays like it should. The wood doesn't feel slippery at all, not even when playing with sweating hands. Minor detail is the big headstock. It's a little too heavy, and it makes the guitar bend over to the left side. This also happens because of how the straps are attached (back side). But it does look really awesome!

This is the 2005 War Tribe 1 KKW version. It has been made in China. These are the specs: basswood body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, wraparound bridge, beast style headstock, sealed diecast BC Rich tuners, 25. 5" scale length, 24 jumbo frets, 2 BCR special design humbucker pickups, 3-way toggle (2-vol, 1-tone). It came together with a gig bag, wristband, strap, cable and a Kerry King poster.