KKV Kerry King Signature review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: KKV Kerry King Signature

Purchased from: Local Dealer

It's perfect for my progressive, melodic, metal sound. I play it through a celestion loaded Crate Blue Voodoo 150 full stack. Straight up amp distortion and that's it, and it's amazing. It's slightly noisy when I am not playing, but have distortion on (not feedback, just a buzz). It's great for the pinching harmonics that I'm known for. It's perfect.

I play progressive, melodic, metal and it's perfect for that. I've been playing 3 years now, and I also own an Ibanez RG7620, an Ibanez K7, a Dean Avalanche MQ, and a Crate Bv150 full stack. I would definetly get another if this was lost. I love everything except the strap buttons and the screw on knobs. I love the EMG's.

This guitar has withstood live play. I keep this in drop-C with no backup. It's awesome, hardware is sturdy, although I don't like the knobs that have the little screw on the side. I broke one side of the part that twists on the pot but with the screw in knob, it later came in handy, I didn't have to replace the pot. I just screwed it far in and now it's fine. I don't like the strap button posistions so I put some schaller locking buttons on it and not it's fine. The finish looks sweet and is lasting great.

The guitar was set up perfect from factory. I had to change it though because I use 10-60 gage strings so I did that myself. No problem, the pickups were set up nice. Everything is nice one it.