KKV Kerry King Signature review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: KKV Kerry King Signature

Purchased from: musiciansfriend.com

I'm play mostly metal (i.e. Lamb Of God, Testament, Megadeth, Slayer, etc.) and obviously since the guitar was designed by Kerry King (Slayer) it more than fits the bill for the acrobatic hand movements and palm muted chugging that my metal requires. But, even through my Randall G200 it can deliver the goods for my jazz styles as well as a pinch of rockabilly. The pickups really Shine in being able to pick up pinch harmonics and bring them out full granted the distortion is present. When clean, and switched to the middle pickup with the neck volume turned up bit I get a bit more fuller warmer sound, perfect for fusion and jazz and maybe blues. On the neck pickup with full neck volume, the sound is full as ever and big and fat and warm with something of a ZZ Top vibe. This is a versatile guitar.

Again, I'm primarily a metal player, and this guitar is a greeeeat match! If this guitar were stolen however, I would consider other options seeing as I shamefully bought it only for its looks. Looking back, it wouldve been better to purchase a Jackson or Ibanez for the same price range. But for this price, this is an excellent guitar.

This guitar is a great, durable live player. The hardware is extremely durable and has yet to wear down even after 2 years of rigorous wear and tear. Excellent.

The only real flaw I have found was the finish. When I received it, the ends of the V were chipped and this finish continues to chip pretty easily. My advice would be invest in a hard case if you can find one that fits this beast.

This heavy metal tailored piece of wood is 100% solid body with solid black finish and silver tribal graphics. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge so it's nice and stable, as well as easy to keep in tune. 3-way pickup Switch but believe me, out of each of those three there are endless tonal possibilities. The tuners are B. C Rich brand and seem to do a pretty good job of keeping it in tune regardless of being jarred a bit. The version of this guitar I have came with a gig bag that was a bit too small for this rather large guitar, a strap, a few Kerry King Signature picks with what else? Kerry Kings signature on them. A bandanna with tribal graphics a la' the guitar itself is also included. Rosewood finger board has nice harmonic overtones as well.