KKV Kerry King Signature review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: KKV Kerry King Signature

Purchased from: Lyana

This is a real metal guitar; looks like it and plays like it. I play also rock music, and the KKW does like it too! I am using it with a Conquest 15W amp and DigiTech RP200 effects (awesome). It does make some noise through the amp, but hey, it got the looks.

I am playing for 2 years now, and this is my second guitar. I would not buy this guitar again, simply because it is not complete. There are some practical minors, like the heavy headstock and rear mounted strap buttons, so I would choose another guitar. Afterall, this is a nice guitar for a novice guitar player, but not for a Pro.

I don't think this guitar will give any problems with live gigs. They only worry I have is the plastic pickups. I think this guitar wil last a couple of years on me. And I play the guitar for almost every day.

I find the special design (plastic) humbucker pickups a little cheesy. They don't give me a solid look, but they seem to work alright. Strap buttons are not placed very practical. They are both on the back side of the guitar, so the strap is suited in a strange spiral.

Guitar was made in China, unfortunately, in 2004. Basswood body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, Wraparound bridge, Beast style headstock (very neat), black with red tribal graphic headstock color, sealed Die-Cast BC Rich tuners, 24 jumbo frets, 12th fret white tribal inlay, 2 BCR special design humbucker pickups, 3-way toggle (2-vol, 1-tone), black hardware.

JerkyChid
    There may be some confusion here. There's a bunch of different KK guitars by BC Rich, much like a bunch of other brands (ESP and Ibanez to name a few.) There's cheaper versions and much more accurate (and expensive) ones. Furthermore, the KK guitars from a couple of years ago were not accurate to King at all (Floyd Rose trems, no gain boost, etc)
    Korzack
    There's 3 versions of this as well - 1's just a rather solid newbie guitar with ****ing crazy body-art, the 2nd's got the Kahler tremolo, but still with the BC standard pickups, & the third one's got the EMG 81/85 set. No experience with kahlers, my epxeriences with Floyds have put me off them
    HELLSHREDD
    Let us know what year you get it k, lmao
    cunningstunts wrote: im getting this guitar for sure ..... dunno when though
    slayer-cfh
    better buy nt jr v deluxe (body mohogany, ebony fingerboard, mapple neck, reversed headstock, neck throught) with emg81/85, groover tuners, original floyd rose and full binding.
    HighwayHawk
    quoting JerkyChid, there's many versions of this baby around. I've got the 2004 with no floyd and active emg's, and I have to say that it's a f*ckin' flamethrower! Plus, it boasts the strongest finish i've ever seen on a solidbody. Great stuff for the price.
    blasphemus666
    ok i was originally lookin at a Dean Ml Noir, but then i found this and realised that it was cheaper! so i dont no which one to go with, kuz id b afraid to play the KKV and id want to hang it on a wall or sumthin.
    sic_riffs
    The KKV is an ok guitar but i am getting a wartribe with kahler trem. i had a thought are kahler better than floyd rose or worse
    badasskurt
    Buy a Jackson KVX10 but i am planning on buying a KKV myself but i am going to use it in drop D, do i have to adjust the action for that, or is it doing the job great even without adjusting the action?
    dimebagdisciple
    you dont have to adjust it if u dont want unless ur a perfectionest then u will but it will sound fine probablly dont own one so i dont know exactly how thier set up when u get one but u should be fine as long as your string gages are not much bigger than the originals