KKV Kerry King Signature review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: KKV Kerry King Signature

Purchased from: beyondeleven.com

no matter what your style of music, this guitar can handle it! I've even played a bit of flamenco and the guitar is very versatile, the pickups just sing every note you pluck. Now, I fancy the sound that Metallica had when they recorded "Master of Puppets" just heavy and crisp with total tonal arsenry. And with the pa2 preamp you can stand out your solos without changing your sound. I am playing this guitar thru a Peavy audition chorus with no effects except what the amp has; distortion and chorus, and this guitar makes that little amp work its ass off! I will give this thing a 10....it's earned it!

I play homegrown kick-ass Texas Hardcore with solo's! I've been playing for 15 years. I have a Dean ML79, Samick Greg Bennett Ultramatic 3, and now this guitar. I usually play thru my peavy audition chorus here at the house, but when I play Live it's thru my Crate gx head through my BMF cab loaded with 2 Vintage 30's and 2 greenbacks with my RP250 effects pedal. If it were stolen or lost.....I'd get another one no doubt at all. there is nothing I dislike about it. I am totally satisfied! I compared this with other KKV's, the Dean From Hel, the Jackson K stnd, the LTD VF-400 and the KKV blew them all away by and far! I wish it had a 2nd vol. knob...

So far, I have rocked it out 1 time and felt very comfortable with it onstage, I have a backup because we play in drop-d tuning as well, and trying to detune is a definite impossible without the help of another guitar to play. The stap buttons are grade-A. It took me a few minutes to get my strap on them, but I can tell that once it was on, it wasn't going anywhere! The finish looks really good, except for the tips,(they always chip...it comes with the territory) I expect it to last about 5 years.

The guitar came with a great low, fast setup. The Kahler x-trem bridge was intonated perfectly. the strings are 10's, although the guitar was not tuned when I got it, it was relatively easier than a liscenced Floyd Rose! The pickups needed a slight adjustment, but other than me being picky.

It was made in 2009, in Korea. It has a thin-u shaped neck with med-jumbo frets, Maple neck-thru construction with maple sides. The color is ONYX with Generation 1 white and grey tribal design. The body shape is a very aggressive V-shape, with the warlock headstock which also has the black and white tribal design accompanied with grover mini-robomatics for the tuners and a floyd-rose style locking nut, which does it's job very well. as we all know, b.c.rich does not sell cases with their guitars so I got a b.c.rich case that fits a V-shaped guitar, still not sure about it, but I trust it. The guitar came with all the necessary tools(allen wrenches) to adjust the bridge and nut, but not a phillips screwdriver for the screws. The pickups are EMG 81/85 with pa2 preamp 1 vol. 1 tone and 3-way selector. I give this guitar a 9.75 because the action and set-up was perfect and from the time I ordered it to the time I recieved it was exactly 4 days! WOW! AND.....no guitar is a perfect 10.

Tanmanno5
    I bought this guitar and i can honestly say its a terriblae guitar, the sound is thin and horrible id never buy it again its plain and simple a "disapointment"
    ashar1995
    Will this guitar do well for shredding? 'Cause I play a lot of Children of Bodom . Love Laiho's solos \m/ .
    charles_ebarb
    My guitar, THE KKV SIG Usually sells for around a Grand. the only thing mine does not have is the fernandez sustainer unit.
    whencowsfart101
    Hanger 17 wrote: Would you this over a Jackson JS30KE or KV?
    I have a Jackson KVX10 and a BC Rich KKV G2 (2009 model) and I say the BC Rich. The active pickups scream, the Kahler is nice and smooth and it is more unique than the KV. That said, my KVX10 has 1mm action (without fretbuzz) and plays amazingly...
    whencowsfart101
    slayer-cfh wrote: better buy nt jr v deluxe (body mohogany, ebony fingerboard, mapple neck, reversed headstock, neck throught) with emg81/85, groover tuners, original floyd rose and full binding.
    Yeah, but avoid any pre-2006 NJ series guitars. My NJ Warlock sucks and I wanna sell it.
    whencowsfart101
    Hanger 17 wrote: and is the back woodgrain or painted onyx?
    The back of the neck, you mean? On the KVX10 it is the natural wood and on the KKV it is painted.
    whencowsfart101
    sic_riffs wrote: The KKV is an ok guitar but i am getting a wartribe with kahler trem. i had a thought are kahler better than floyd rose or worse
    Personal preferance. I prefer Kahlers, they are a hell of a lot smoother to pull-up, wham down and fine-tune. But on Kahlers you can't do the "noodle strings" trick.
    velocigecko
    looks like a decent guitar. I'll probably get one soon, I'm going with the middle one though, because I prefer Gibson ceramics over EMG 81/85
    Slayer240.sx
    yeah i have the 2010 kkv gen 1 diffrence is with all the ones reviewd is that mine has a kahler hybrid, emg 81/85 PA2 switch, neck through construction, ebony fingerboard, maple body and neck, grover mini rotomatics, 43mm floyd rose style lock nut, ablone tribal inlays,i have to admit that the emg's are very muddy on my clean chanel and to over distort abit, and because its a low end kahler it dosent hold its tune the best, but it is an awsome guitar id recomend it to everyone . . . who plays metal only
    charles_ebarb
    I have had mine for about 113 months now, and I can say that I am still happy with it. I went thru a phase, about the 6 or 7 month where I tried out a few other types of "v" models, the ESP VII and the VMNT now, and I can say that my guitar totally smokes them by a country mile. I still have yet to have the frets dressed on mine because there is still no need for it. I have tried a few different variation set-ups with the kahler(yes, there are quite a few of them out there) and each time, it feels like I have a brand new guitar! I mention the fret dress, because I play this guitar ALOT( 4-5 hours a day) and the frets are holding up nicely! I will say this, tho. I have tried my guitar thru different types of amp, and different types of wattage... and the guitar really seems to shine thru any amp with a "master volume" as the pickups are humcanceling.